• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Glitch Thread

Years
    Okay, if you go to see Mr. Backlot to find out the Pokemon in the Trophy Garden, talk to him from the side instead of in front. After his rambling, the butler says the Pokemon isn't found in the garden, he turns to him, whispers whatever, butler leaves, Mr. Backlot will turn to his front, instead of your character, and says what he says. That's the second glitch I found.:)

Yeah the same thing happens to me its very strange O.o

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    New gitch! Went to the Trophy Garden and Mr Backlot said he had seen Deoxys!!! Proper Deoxys! Same as last time. Don't know how it happened but I now have a shiny Deoxys!

Pingouin_7

I got a PKtopia Pikachu with Alert to sounds. It has I think 27-29 Speed IVs though. Shouldn't it have 31?

-_-

Having a certain "second nature" won't tell you it has an IV of 31.

Following your logic, all Pokémon has at least 1 flawless IV.

I saw somewhere on Serebii a list of second natures and wich IV your Pokémon could have, but it appears that they removed it...

Years
    Surfing- see below glitch
    Tweaking- the English version of surfing. I have obtained Shaymin by this, and for some reason, I couldn't access Newmoon. I think you have to see Cresselia first.
    Cloning- Ah yes, good ol' GTS cloning. Much fun. I've cloned lots with this.

Oh, and NO, you didn't get a "glitch" for Arceus. ALTHOUGH I work with a few others, and we all hunt down Arceus & Darkrai/Shaymin shortcuts. We think we MAY have found the Hall of Origin in the Black Abyss.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    The tweaking glitch cannot be used to get to the Hall of Origin. And unlike Newmoon Island and Flower Paradise, where their respective Pokemon are already right there on the island and can be accessed using Walk Through Walls cheat or Tweaking glitch, the Hall of Origin doesn't reveal Arceus unless the Azure Flute is used.

So even if you could get to the Hall of Origin using Walk Through Walls/Tweaking, you still couldn't access Arceus.

And sorry D_R_A, you're either hacking or lying or delusional, maybe all 3. There is no way that anyone could see a Deoxys in the trophy garden without hacking. Tons of people have hacked the game and looked at the coding and all that crap. If something was obtainable either by glitch or legit means, it'd be known by now.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    -_-

Having a certain "second nature" won't tell you it has an IV of 31.

Following your logic, all Pokémon has at least 1 flawless IV.

I saw somewhere on Serebii a list of second natures and wich IV your Pokémon could have, but it appears that they removed it...

Actually, only 6 characteristics mean your Pokémon can be flawless in a stat. Even then, "Alert to sounds" doesn't mean it's flawless - it just means its Speed IV is its highest, and ends with a 1 or a 6. It probably has 26 (unless you calculated wrong).

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    Never for that game?
    Then maybe it was supposed to be a special event or something

~Night

Never. I doubt it was an event because There wasn't anything advertised about events. No I think it was a normal glitch. If you don't believe me I can trade it to you.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    I'm sure. The Pokemon that appear there are Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Meowth, Chansey, Eevee, Porygon, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Marill, Azurill, Plusle Minun, Castform, Bonsly, Mime Jr., Happiny. Nothing remotely close to a Deoxys.

I was in the GTS, and I was trying to trade a Bronzor. I offered it for a Glameow, I believe. I came back the next night, and the lag was terrible.. I waited and waited. Finally, it showed me my summary screen, and said I had put in a Jumpluff. I was kinda scared (because I had just gotten wireless internet), and I didn't know what to do. So, I took it out, but the lag got me again, and it booted me out. I went back in, and it was a Bronzor again. Kinda wierd.

Last edited:
    Years
    I went on the GTS, and, wanting a munchlax, offered a staryu for it. Boltbeam staryu, in fact. I figured it wouldn't take too long, so I immediately checked staryu's summary, and expected the trade, as it was taking an age to load. It didn't, and I was shown the summary of a growlithe called Staryu. Now, I had seen this happen on GTS before (a Celebi called Palkia, anyone?) but the sprite was usually of the thing they had asked for. I hadn't wanted a growlithe, and didn't even have one in my 'dex...

Anyhoots, I tried to take my starlithe (lol) out, but, lo and behold, the good ol' BSOD appears and kicks me off GTS. It was a staryu again when I went back on, the boltbeaming growlithe was gone...

Also as it happens, I got the munchlax an hour later. It was shiny, japanese, and hatched. I don't think it was legit. :disappoin

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    There's a creepy little block of white in the top left hand corner of the menu whenever I'm on the GTS. Oh, and I lost a Pokemon to the GTS once. I put it up for trade, and when I came back all it said was 'SUMMARY'. And it really was gone, not like when it says summary and your Pokemon is still actually there.

I want my Clefairy back!

Pingouin_7

Never. I doubt it was an event because There wasn't anything advertised about events. No I think it was a normal glitch. If you don't believe me I can trade it to you.

-_-

Even if you trade it to someone, it doesn't means it's legit.

My friend used to do Mystery Gift a lot on Silver with Pokémon Stadium 2. Then I tought it was a glitch when I played again. A while after he told me about it.

Maybe someone used AR on your game without you knowing to make the guy appear.

Back