• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Glitch Thread

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    I think what Night means is that hacked Pokemon cannot be traded with the DS. I migrated a Deoxys and Suicune to my Diamond Version that were originally obtained on Emerald via Game Shark. The game said 'This Pokemon cannot be traded at this time," when I went to trade it through the GTS. However, it didn't affect my trading abilities with Legit Pokés. It may not be the case, but merely a thought.

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
    I think what Night means is that hacked Pokemon cannot be traded with the DS. I migrated a Deoxys and Suicune to my Diamond Version that were originally obtained on Emerald via Game Shark. The game said 'This Pokemon cannot be traded at this time," when I went to trade it through the GTS. However, it didn't affect my trading abilities with Legit Pokés. It may not be the case, but merely a thought.
    Exactly.

Anyways, back to discussing glitches

~Night

Pingouin_7

Hmm, when I come to Hearthome city, there's a girl who seems like she's fused to a Pachirisu...Like it the girl was stuck to the Pachirisu..

... Buneary maybe?

... bootleg maybe? This only happens in bootlegs.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    There is a little tile error thing in D/P that may not be a glitch. In Survival Area at the north at night, look carefully at a montain corner and the grass looks lighter (only a bit) than the rest of the grass... It isn't very noticeable but worth a mention.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013

Hacked Pokemon certainly can be traded in the 4th gen, and outside of PBR and the GTS, nothing automatically stops it. And even on PBR/GTS, many hacks make it past because the scope it checks is fairly limited.

The GTS only checks for IVs (it'll reject any Pokemon with 31 IVs in all stats) and EV distribution (reject any Pokemon with more than 512 EVs). It does not check stuff like Poke ball, event info, moves, ability, levels, etc...

You are right in that it displays that exact same message.

The PBR Wi-Fi has a hack detector similar to the GTS, except it might transform these hacks into Bad Eggs. PBR Wi-Fi may periodically reject other versions of hacks (those with illegal moves, ability, etc...), but it's not designed to and is pure chance because it sometimes rejects 100% legit Pokemon.

So no, if you accidentally trade/receive a hack from the GTS, you won't get "Banned" from it. It's just probably busy. Try again in a couple hours.

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
    Anyone ever hear of the "Gotcha!" glitch?
    It involves yelling GOTCHA! Into the microphone right when the pokeball opens up. It is rumored to have the effects of a Master Ball, but it doesn't ALWAYS work, but it does seem to increase my catch rate usually.

This wouldn't be a glitch; this would be a rumor. This is the Pokemon DS's version of Pokemon GBA games' "A+B+DOWN" (i.e.) rumor. According to the "Gotcha!" rumor, if you were to say Gotcha! into the DS's microphone, it wouldn't give the Pokeball Masterball attributes, it would just increase the catch rate. My friend thinks this really works but I don't.

Last edited:

majin_strach

Master of Biltong
    Years
    hey i was jus wondering...i posted a while ago about pal park glitches, and how i was restarting to get round the 24 hour thing....someone (cant remember for teh life of me) had a better way, no restartin the game....and now i need that trick....please someone it was something to do with the DS internal clock....i tried a few ways and cant get it ....anyone....i cant be arsed to wait till 2am to get another 6... 0_O any help would be muchos gracias...thanks

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    hey i was jus wondering...i posted a while ago about pal park glitches, and how i was restarting to get round the 24 hour thing....someone (cant remember for teh life of me) had a better way, no restartin the game....and now i need that trick....please someone it was something to do with the DS internal clock....i tried a few ways and cant get it ....anyone....i cant be arsed to wait till 2am to get another 6... 0_O any help would be muchos gracias...thanks

You need 2 GBA Pokémon games. One with the Pokémon you want to migrate, the other just spare.
    First, migrate the Pokémon you want. Then, set the DS clock a day forwards. Put in the second game, and try to migrate. It will ask you to synch the DS and D/P clocks. Accept. It will then reset to the title screen. Switch the DS off and put in the first GBA game. It will let you migrate again. Repeat as needed.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2009
    when i played my red version years ago, i found a doduo in diglett cave.

does that count? i know it's the wrong version...

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    There is a little tile error thing in D/P that may not be a glitch. In Survival Area at the north at night, look carefully at a montain corner and the grass looks lighter (only a bit) than the rest of the grass... It isn't very noticeable but worth a mention.

has anyone checked this? Other people have also seen it too, and to make sure, I used a European one. I think it is visible on all.

Years
    Well, when you get the Manaphy Egg from the green guy, it is still not preset. You must go to a Pokémon Center, and trade in the Union Room to your other game. Save after leaving the room, and then hatch it. If it is not shiny (Because it is programmed to be non-shiny at birth, but the game checks the OT of the Egg, not the current trainer, so that way it can still be shiny) then trade back over, save in the original trainer's game, and reset the other game. Make your way to the Pokémon Center (You may need 2 Pokemon, not just your starter) and trade again. Repeat until it is shiny.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    You need 2 GBA Pokémon games. One with the Pokémon you want to migrate, the other just spare.
    First, migrate the Pokémon you want. Then, set the DS clock a day forwards. Put in the second game, and try to migrate. It will ask you to synch the DS and D/P clocks. Accept. It will then reset to the title screen. Switch the DS off and put in the first GBA game. It will let you migrate again. Repeat as needed.

What if the first game needs 'syncing'?

Sweet Speed

Smile...
    Years
    Well, when you get the Manaphy Egg from the green guy, it is still not preset. You must go to a Pokémon Center, and trade in the Union Room to your other game. Save after leaving the room, and then hatch it. If it is not shiny (Because it is programmed to be non-shiny at birth, but the game checks the OT of the Egg, not the current trainer, so that way it can still be shiny) then trade back over, save in the original trainer's game, and reset the other game. Make your way to the Pokémon Center (You may need 2 Pokemon, not just your starter) and trade again. Repeat until it is shiny.
    I really doubt the authencity of this glitch because a shiny Manaphy will be programmed to be shiny once it's hacked.

Back