• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Glitch Thread

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
  • Exactly how often do you find shinies?

They fixed the surfing glitch a while after they released the first versions Pokemon Diamond and Pearl.

~Night

I just found out. My surfing glich doesn't work. Oh well. I find some quite often, but more often than the 1/8192 chance of finding one. But no soooo often.

Gelidice

Larvitar, sky forme!
    Years
  • i was looking for a murkcrow (probably not spelled right) and found misdrevus in diamond! is that supposed to happen?

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
  • I take it that none of you care about what I found out.
    Sorry!
    Could you explain what happened a little better?

i was looking for a murkcrow (probably not spelled right) and found misdrevus in diamond! is that supposed to happen?
    I'm pretty sure Murkrow is only supposed to appear in Pokemon Pearl *checks strategy guide* Oh, wait, no. You only can find Murkrow in Diamond and Mistrevous in Pearl. That's strange, where did you find Mistrevous?

~Night

nssfleahedgehog

Master of the W Universe
    Years
  • Sorry!
    Could you explain what happened a little better?

As simple as I can explain it, the BGM (BackGround Music) disappears from Route 214, if you go there, go to Spring Path/Sendoff Spring, then go back to Route 214.

When you're ready, I have another glitch-like-thing I found.

Years
  • I have two! (and thanks for the thread.)

The first may just be an overlooking in the programing, but when you use earthquake on a pokemon that used dig the turn before it's suposed to do X2 damage (or something like that), right, but if the pokemon is of the flying type it still does no damage. I'm just like WTF???? it ruined my entire battle.

The second probly isn't testable, but once I was in victory road and a machoke used wakeup slap on my charizard while he was flying and it still did damage.

Zowayix

hi
    Years
  • If the machoke had ability the "no guard", it can still hit flying opponents.
    And dig will ALWAYS do zero damage against flying type pkmn, regardless of if they are digging or anything.

Years
  • wha??? (looking up....) oh, I thought no gard aplied only to the pokemon with the abilty.

but that last part just dosen't make sense. it dosen't mater if you can fly or float or whatever, if your underground and in an earthquake it's going to afect you. That sounds like a mess up on nintendo's part to me.

Bright_Sniper

Treasure Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2017
    The type goes before the move's effect so it's the same as using any ground move on a flying type/levitating pokemon.

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
  • I was playing Pokemon Platinum a few days ago and I noticed that if you walk behind buildings or signs, then for a momet you can still see the outline of your sprite(I then tested it in my Diamond version and it was the same there, too)

As simple as I can explain it, the BGM (BackGround Music) disappears from Route 214, if you go there, go to Spring Path/Sendoff Spring, then go back to Route 214.

When you're ready, I have another glitch-like-thing I found.
    That's strange. . .Is this in the Japanese version? or the American/other version?

~Night

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    Getting the extra legendarys from the mystery man is not avaible in the U.S. it sounds like a lie!

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2013
    i was standing in front of the PC and dropped my DS, and the whole screen flashed black and froze, and a loud buzzing was everywhere. My screen said "error, please insert DS card in system" and turned off.

Hey pal i dont think that u get a mystrey gift for banging ur ds and for that error u will b using a cheat device 2 get that azure flute for arceus and according 2 my knowledge there has been no event either in us or japan where u get that azure flute

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
  • well I have a glitch. Sometimes when you're playing the game, the trees sometimes have a vertical line going through them, it happens most outside the place where you fight the 2vs2 trainers by the lake where you catch the lake pokemon.

Another glitch is in my sig.

The tweaking glitch (I don't know how to explain it because it's hard to explain, so google it) I did it twice, one time it caused the next glitch, while the other created a "wall"

If you use the tweaking glitch, the swarming pokemon MAY change for some reason

If you go to sendoff spring, then walk out to spring path then walk to the nearest route, the music won't be playing, and to fix this, either get in a battle, or go to another route/city/town

If you fight the hiker with the onix (at least on the second battle) with your ditto (you NEED to transform into the first pokemon he sends out, if he switches, you beat the second pokemon, and transform into the first one after he resends it out it will still work) and beat him WITH DITTO STILL TRANSFORMED, the ditto will keep the onix's moves, so this might help for breeding, and it is cool to show your friends that you have a legit ditto with moves it shouldn't know WITHOUT CHEATING!!!

*note*
    the glitches are in the american diamond and pearl

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
  • well I have a glitch. Sometimes when you're playing the game, the trees sometimes have a vertical line going through them, it happens most outside the place where you fight the 2vs2 trainers by the lake where you catch the lake pokemon.
    Which route is it? Because I'm pretty sure I've noticed that too.
    Another glitch is in my sig.
    The tweaking glitch (I don't know how to explain it because it's hard to explain, so google it) I did it twice, one time it caused the next glitch, while the other created a "wall"
    If you use the tweaking glitch, the swarming pokemon MAY change for some reason
    I've heard of the tweaking glitch{it was mentioned a few times in the old glitch thread}. I tried it a few times, but could never get it to work.
    If you go to sendoff spring, then walk out to spring path then walk to the nearest route, the music won't be playing, and to fix this, either get in a battle, or go to another route/city/town
    hmm. . .I've never noticed this{probably since I usually play with the sound off}, but I'll try it out.
    If you fight the hiker with the onix (at least on the second battle) with your ditto (you NEED to transform into the first pokemon he sends out, if he switches, you beat the second pokemon, and transform into the first one after he resends it out it will still work) and beat him WITH DITTO STILL TRANSFORMED, the ditto will keep the onix's moves, so this might help for breeding, and it is cool to show your friends that you have a legit ditto with moves it shouldn't know WITHOUT CHEATING!!!
    I heard that it only worked in the japanese version. . .Are there any side affects?

~Night

nssfleahedgehog

Master of the W Universe
    Years
  • If you go to sendoff spring, then walk out to spring path then walk to the nearest route, the music won't be playing, and to fix this, either get in a battle, or go to another route/city/town

Hey, that's my glitch! I mentioned it first! But at least it has been proved by another. I've found a second glitch/glitchy thing, so let me know if anyone's interested in it.

nssfleahedgehog

Master of the W Universe
    Years
  • Sure, tell us what happened.

~Night

Okay, if you go to see Mr. Backlot to find out the Pokemon in the Trophy Garden, talk to him from the side instead of in front. After his rambling, the butler says the Pokemon isn't found in the garden, he turns to him, whispers whatever, butler leaves, Mr. Backlot will turn to his front, instead of your character, and says what he says. That's the second glitch I found.:)

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
  • Okay, if you go to see Mr. Backlot to find out the Pokemon in the Trophy Garden, talk to him from the side instead of in front. After his rambling, the butler says the Pokemon isn't found in the garden, he turns to him, whispers whatever, butler leaves, Mr. Backlot will turn to his front, instead of your character, and says what he says. That's the second glitch I found.:)
    Hm. . .That's strange. . .

~Night

Back