• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Glitch Thread

Pingouin_7

This is probably because the game recognizes the Wonderguard spiritomb as a Shedinja since Shedinja is the only one who can learn this ability....

Fire Fang is the only fire type move to hit a WonderTomb, so that's not it. They just forgot to code Fire Fang to be affected with WonderGuard, and they thought it didn't matter since Shedinja gets hit by Fire moves anyways.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2009
    any1 got this before my firned caught a shiny ralts using the pok'eradar and when it was caught he went to the pc and the sprie was a normal ralts but the icon was a shiny ralts the same happened with a wurmple later on.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2009
    I had a mew that I wanted to trade over gts that I got from someone and it wasnt allowed, gave an error message like this pokemon cant be traded something like that.Is it cloned or hacked how can you tell?? Either way should I get rid of it or just blame gts for the error?

Kit-Tsukasa

Shiny Mew and Espeon Lover
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    I had a mew that I wanted to trade over gts that I got from someone and it wasnt allowed, gave an error message like this pokemon cant be traded something like that.Is it cloned or hacked how can you tell?? Either way should I get rid of it or just blame gts for the error?

List the info of the Mew (level, OT, ID, ball, ribbon). Any Mew below level 10 is hacked.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013

That's just the GTS' way of preventing hacks being traded. If your Pokemon has all 31 IVs, and/or an illegal amount of EVs, you'll get the "Pokemon can't be traded" message.

Dmatt

Medium-Rare Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    I've seen the Zapdos (or was it Articuno?) with the Raikou sprite but it never lets me trade it :( lol

I thought people nicknamed their pokemon to others but it won't work.

Years
  • I have quite a peculiar glitch.
    I successfully did the tweaking glitch for the second time on my diamond, and walked exactly 107 steps straight up, 63 left after that, 10 steps up again, and 122 steps right. Well after doing that apparently I ran into a wild pokemon. A wild level 72 Staravia. I got freaked out, and ran away. When the battle was over I was in a 4th generation glitch city, and was so freaked out that i turned off my game immediately.

Years
  • I have quite a peculiar glitch.
    I successfully did the tweaking glitch for the second time on my diamond, and walked exactly 107 steps straight up, 63 left after that, 10 steps up again, and 122 steps right. Well after doing that apparently I ran into a wild pokemon. A wild level 72 Staravia. I got freaked out, and ran away. When the battle was over I was in a 4th generation glitch city, and was so freaked out that i turned off my game immediately.
    Where did you start from? I want to try this glitch lol sounds fun! :P

rocko427

I rock-o
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2009
    in the fight area, I went in front of the sign saying "fight area". when I went one step left, there was two eyes (pixels) staring at me at the far left of the screen. (pearl NDSL)

also, I don't know if this was a glitch, but I went into a room in the haunted mansion in eterna forest, and there was this weird guy who looked strange when he walked away: his sprite didn't move. I went out and back in, but he wasn't there, I went back again and he was there. I dunno about it, but it was pretty spooky O_O

finally, in the underground, go behind a hiker and walk up a few steps. his eyes will turn HUGE. I guess this is a graphic error, but it was pretty funny.

Pingouin_7

Rock-o, that guy in the Mansion is normal. It's meant to be there, it's a GHOST!!!!

Also, there's a few places on Route 230 that when you surf on them, a black dot pops up and then dissapear very quickly.

Peanut_Butters

...I hate peanut butter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    in the fight area, I went in front of the sign saying "fight area". when I went one step left, there was two eyes (pixels) staring at me at the far left of the screen. (pearl NDSL)

finally, in the underground, go behind a hiker and walk up a few steps. his eyes will turn HUGE. I guess this is a graphic error, but it was pretty funny.

I'd never play Pokemon again if I saw any of those glitchs...In fact,I was just going to play Pokemon..I don't think I will for atleast a hour.

I think one time,the bike music didn't play when I was on the bike.
    I can't remember when that was,I have a horrible memory ^^;

Edit:
    I found this weird glitch.
    One of my Buneary's changed from an all food lover to a dry food lover after eating a few dry poffins.

Last edited:

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
  • I don't think has been mentioned yet, there's a killer weather in platinum, it's not clear how it is started yet, sometimes it happens as a fleeing pokemon is pursuit'ed while sandstorm is in play or any other weather in play and causes the game to start killer rain/sun/ss the next turn. I'll link you to a few youtube vids....

Killer rain
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pH0ohPZJiM

Killer rain/sun
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Nvg-m4fJzs

Dmatt

Medium-Rare Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    That's the weridest I've seen ... And also a bit hilarious !!

Years
  • It's been a while since I checked, but I think I found a glitch with Pokemon cries in the parties. To do this, first go into your Pokedex and listen to the cry of a Pokemon. Then, when you go check your party Pokemon, you should notice that the Pokemon cries overlap each other when you scroll through the other Pokemon. Normally, the cry of one Pokemon stops before the cry of the next Pokemon starts in the party. It's been a really long while since I last did this, so I'm not 100% sure that this is a glitch.
    From the American version. Initial relase.

Dmatt

Medium-Rare Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    ^^^I just tried it and it works.. haha weird stuff. Had to restart to get the normal style though .

Years
  • There's a glitch in Platinum where if you kill a pokemon switching out with Pursuit in a Sandstorm, it starts to rain and have a sandstorm at the same time and the rain does damage.

If you do the same thing, but in hail, all four weathers start at the same time and then instead of saying "Scizor was buffeted by Hail" or something it says "Scizor was hurt by it's Technician/Swarm". It's really weird..... :/

Dmatt

Medium-Rare Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    HAHA and really funny too.. there's a video of that a few posts above , I looove when it says : Blissey is hurt by its Natural Cure !!! :D

Years
  • This just in: A way to the Hall of Origin in the Tweaking Glitch! More information will be posted when this method is completely solved.

Back