• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Global Link Updates for B2/W2

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    https://ja.pokemon-gl.com/renewal2012/

Check out the main image to see the new design of the Global Link! Anyway so the actual updates are...

- Different Pokemon on Island of Dreams
    - You get something in return for registering either B/W and B2/W2 on the GL
    - A new area called a "Cool hole"
    - The island will be redesigned
    - 20 hours between access, not 24 hours
    - Pokemon people are using the most who are "top users" @ WiFi Battle Union
    - GTS information page and exchange history

So what do you think of these updates? What do you think is in the Cool hole? What do you think can now be found on the DW and what do you think you get for registering both "versions" on the same account? Discuss!

(Figured this was most appropriate for B2/W2 since it's the update because of those games and yeaaah).

Last edited:

Mista T

Pityin' fools.
    Years
  • I am very excited for this update. I fell in love with the Dream World immediately once the idea was released, but my infatuation stagnated when I realized that the updates it received were few and far between. However, I feel like the whole bulk of it will become refreshed and refreshing upon B2W2's release. I believe Cool Hole will be an area for Ice-types and cave-dwelling Pokemon, with a focus on the former. It's likely that Snorunt will be there, which is fantastic news for me as I'll finally be able to get my Cursed Body Froslass (and the awesome Moody Glalie if I decide to use it on a team in the future). Hopefully we will be allowed to select which area of the Dream Isle that we wish to visit upon traversing the rainbow bridge this time around.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I am very excited for this update. I fell in love with the Dream World immediately once the idea was released, but my infatuation stagnated when I realized that the updates it received were few and far between. However, I feel like the whole bulk of it will become refreshed and refreshing upon B2W2's release. I believe Cool Hole will be an area for Ice-types and cave-dwelling Pokemon, with a focus on the former. It's likely that Snorunt will be there, which is fantastic news for me as I'll finally be able to get my Cursed Body Froslass (and the awesome Moody Glalie if I decide to use it on a team in the future). Hopefully we will be allowed to select which area of the Dream Isle that we wish to visit upon traversing the rainbow bridge this time around.

I was thinking ice, but really, the water area it already has kinda covers that. However! Yeah there's a lot like you mentioned that aren't really fit for the water area, maybe relocate Lapras and Seel etc to that location. Maybe it might also be a water hole, so you'd get tropical Pokemon like uh Tropius and other things you'd find in Hoenn?

And yes plz @ choosing the areas. That would make it like, 10x amazing and I'd want to use it actively. :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Sparkling Sea dosent have any Ice types though really so I think it may end up being an Ice type area, or thats what I hope for. I think unreleased Pokemon like Imposter Ditto and the starters need to be made available. I wonder what the bonus is for having Black/White and B2/W2 registered is. I really want to find out, I have a japanese account but havent preordered Black 2. I might have to, because I want to be able to use the new DW asap.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
    Years
  • I think it will be an Ice location. If it's a hole it could have Dark types as well?

Overall, I don't use DW much but I am happy it will change. I hope for new unrealeased abilities :)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I think it will be an Ice location. If it's a hole it could have Dark types as well?

Overall, I don't use DW much but I am happy it will change. I hope for new unrealeased abilities :)

The abilities are already released, We'll just get new Dream World Pokemon, though with it connecting to B/W as well I wonder how they'll play off Gen 5 Pokemon seeing as people say transferring Gen 5 Pokemon from the Dream World to the B/W causes the games to freeze/crash.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I think it will be an Ice location. If it's a hole it could have Dark types as well?

While that's possible, only dark type I can see fitting in is Sneasel due to the whole ice/dark thing. XD;

I wonder if we could maybe get Unova Pokemon too due to "different" Pokemon...? I mean they have hidden abilities so why not use them/make use of them 2 years later :x

Also Xander, I've never had that issue in transferring B/W Pokemon from DW to the games. o_O

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

While that's possible, only dark type I can see fitting in is Sneasel due to the whole ice/dark thing. XD;

I wonder if we could maybe get Unova Pokemon too due to "different" Pokemon...? I mean they have hidden abilities so why not use them/make use of them 2 years later :x

Also Xander, I've never had that issue in transferring B/W Pokemon from DW to the games. o_O

There aren't any Gen 5 Pokemon in the Dream World. What are you talkin about?

There aren't overworld sprites for all Unova Pokemon in Black and White. There aren't any Gen 5 Pokemon that can be caught in the Dream World. If you were to hack Gen 5 Dream World Pokemon people kept telling me the games crashed cause they don't have overworld sprites.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    There aren't any Gen 5 Pokemon in the Dream World. What are you talkin about?
    Gen 5 Pokemon from the Dream World to the B/W causes the games to freeze/crash.

I thought you meant waking them up, oh well.

Moving back on-topic anyways, I'm glad they decided on the 20 instead of 24 hour limit really, might be a bit harder to keep track of though. :(

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

I thought you meant waking them up, oh well.

Moving back on-topic anyways, I'm glad they decided on the 20 instead of 24 hour limit really, might be a bit harder to keep track of though. :(

That was on topic with the current discussion. They haven't shown Overworld sprites of Gen 5 Pokemon in B2W2 yet, so we are still at square one on this aspect, so its still relevant to the discussion. Question that comes up is will we get Gen 5 Dream World Pokemon in upgraded Dream World? Right now doesn't seem likely.

Also you typo'd in your original post.

20 hours between access, not 20 hours

Shouldn't it be 20 hours between access, not 24 hours?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Cold hole brings to mind Kyurem, perhaps sending Kyurem there will activate something...
    Well I love the new look of the site, hopefully they'll add Unova Pokemon this time ^_^ (though I'm expecting them to appear after remakes)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Kyurem? Oh I hope not. I want it to be an area with different Pokemon, not some boring thing Kyurem activates. ;;

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Well think about it hole brings about the image of the Giant Chasm which held Kyurem (cold)...perhaps it'll be like with Victini and give you a Kyurem C-gear, or maybe it'll have something to do with activating it's other forme...who knows...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    But wouldn't that be like called a new home rather than a new area based on the past, or at least what the past has shown us. I really think it's just a place for new Pokemon. :(

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • the game has been out for two years in japan, then put all the pokemon in DW. What are they waiting for?

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I wish I had more time for the Dreamworld, now seeing this update makes me feel even worse! I barely have time to play, but the update is a plus, redesigned Islands sound good, along with a new location and extras for registering both games, can't wait!

Years
  • "- A new area called a "Cool hole""

I lol'ed.

Anyway, these updates are interesting. Cool hole has got to do with ice of some sort; doubt it is to do with cool looking Pokemon.​

infersaime

Come and get me
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    I'm glad they changed it to 20 hours but it will be cool if they do it to 12 hours.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I honestly would have rathered them opening it for 2 hours rather than the 1 hour you get to play. Once I got used to it, it took me pretty much 50 mins to clear all the Pokemon games which left me 10 mins to do my farm and check other farms and trade shelves for items I wanted.

dreamcatcher

Lump Appraiser
    Years
  • If Cool Hole turns out to be an Ice-Pokémon habitat, I hope to see Snorunt, Vanillite, and Spheal there :) I love Ice-types and I was pretty disappointed that there wasn't such a location before :(

Back