• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Go to your room! Your grounded!

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    How often do you get grounded? How long are you usually grounded for? What are you grounded from?

I usually get grounded on a regular basis and I'm usually grounded for 2-7 days and usually grounded from:

Outside
    Computer
    Wii(any video games)
    Coming out of my room unless I have a good reason to:
    Walk to the dogs
    Eat breakfast/lunch/dinner
    Go to the bathroom

My parents can be pretty strict at times.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I never got grounded for a long time now. What I usually get grounded from is usually the computer. Everything else I get to keep.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    People actually still get grounded? My parents gave up on that crap a long time ago.

yeah people still get grounded for many many reasons:

Flunking a test
    Cursing
    Not doing a chore
    Backtalking

and many more. and LUCKY! I wish my parents gave up on grounding. If my bro and I are really bad, they'll bring out "the belt" don't ask. My friends get paddled.....

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    almost never... and only for like 2-3 days (though, I sometimes get a chance to redeem myself and get a day knocked of the groundation)

usually getting suspended from school or missing to many days or something results in the groundation, but I dunno...

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    I rarely do anything bad, so I almost never get grounded, but when I do, it's normally just a 2 - 4 day ban from the computer. I'm lucky to have such nice parents. :>

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    My Parents does nothing i think they forgot about groundings.When I did get grounded it was a yell only which I can take.

Minato

--+
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2010
    I haved been forbidden to leave my house or room for, like, years. It wouldn't be effective anyway, lol. A while back, though, I earned myself a week-long computer ban, but I didn't mind much and did other stuff. The whole grounding thing doesn't work for me xD. If my parents want to discipline me, they'll assign chores. Lots, and lots of chores. >___>

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    I've never been grounded for longer than about a day and a half, and it's always a computer ban. It's kind of difficult to ground someone who only leaves the house to go to school.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    It used to be on a normal basis. I get grounded from the computer and nothing else ._.;
    The longest I've ever been grounded wassssss.... I think 2 months.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I used to get grounded a lot when I was younger, but they were only for a week or so, never longer. Now, I still get grounded, but my parents tend to forget that they've punished me, so it doesn't last more than a day or so. XD;

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
    I only get grounded from the computer most of the time. And usually, its only because of an argument, and whenever that blows over, I get my computer back. I only get grounded from going out during the holidays, the only time when I HAVE time to go out with friends to play xD; Outside of that, my parents don't really ground me that much.

Years
    Surprisingly enough, I have never been grounded before. My parents didn't believe grounding to be anything significant when I was a child, even now they still hold to that. I don't think I've ever done anything dire enough to warrant any privileges taken away from me. I used to get scolded quite a lot as a kid and that was enough to discipline myself from doing anything reckless.

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Me too, i have never been grounded, as my parents think it's just pointless, and i wasn't that bad when i was young, so.. i never really got close to getting grounded.

usami

biohazard
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    I've never been grounded in my life. :s
    Well, one time we were 'grounded', but that lasted like 3 minutes, I don't really think that counts.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I don't even live at home most of the time anymore so my parents can't ground me. :P Even when I am home, though, I never get in trouble. The worst thing I ever do is... well, not completing my chores which is punishable by... making me do my chores? I've always been a good kid and there's not much to ground me from to begin with, not to mention none of us remember and it never works, so yeah. XD; I've voluntarily banned myself from certain electronics before in order to get things done so even that's a pretty shaky substitute for punishment.

Years
    The last time I was grounded, I was still in elementary school. :P

I'm a good kid, so I usually follow the rules (except for the below one), and nothing bad happens to me. In fact, I've been rewarded because I'm a good kid. XD;

Back in the day, I was only supposed to be on the computer an hour a day. I used to follow it, then I got modded here, and yeah... I started staying on longer without asking. I've broken the computer time rules time and time again, but my parents never punished me for it. I don't know why, though. Maybe they really didn't care?

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    I think I was grounded once for getting in trouble at school. Though it wasn't strictly enforced and it only lasted like a day. I'm pretty good at sneaking around my parents, so I never got caught in order to get grounded. Then, by the time I was a senior in high school, they didn't care anymore and I told them what I was doing.

Back