• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Go to your room! Your grounded!

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I can't remember the last time I've been grounded. 0_0 In fact, I don't think I've ever been "Grounded". I can only remember one time I've ever even been punished. I believe that was for being smart. I can't remember what my parents took away from me though. Although, that was quite a long time ago. And one time when I was about four, my brother told my mom I had put tape all over his desk. She asked me if I had, guess what, I couldn't remember if I had or not. So I took my best guess, "No." It was a guess, I couldn't remember. So she punished me for my so called "lying." XD

Sweet Speed

Smile...
    Years
    I've been in trouble but not enough trouble to be Grounded. I hear all my friends say the older they get the less the get grounded. My parents have other ways of talking to me if I get in trouble.

fade101

I rawr youu!!
    Years
    It depends on the situation really...
    If its a school problem (test, detention, fight) maybe 2 to 3 days, a week if its that bad...
    Other stuff... maybe a day or so...
    Im like 'not allowed' to watch tv, play video games, go out and pretty much eat my favorite things... WHY TAKE MY OREOS???!!! LOL!
    My parents think 'groudin' is an effective way to 'train' me...

Years
    I don't think I ever got grounded in my life... xD My parents are really lenient (or push-overs). Or maybe they think scolding is enough. It does make me feel bad, though. Actually, the closest I got to being grounded was when I got a B on my report card. She threatened to ban me from my computer for until I raised my grade in math, but of course, I did and she never even grounded me.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    I'm not grounded too often. I can only think of two occasions this past year when I was punished, although I'm sure there were more. One I forgot to do a lab and all of my electronics (computer, ds, tv) taken away for a week. Others were little one day restrictions from the computer. =]

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I never got grounded, there's no point because I never went out.

Last edited:

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    My parents don't really do grounded with me. I don't misbehave really...ever. o_o
    I have a killer conscious, if I even think about doing something that I would get in real trouble for, a giant red flag goes up and there is no way that it going to happen after that. It's the curse of the good child. >>

The-master-trainer

Chatot rocks!
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Jul 10, 2008
    not often

The longest i've been grounded was a week without the computer. Obviously, my parents think that taking things away from me teachs me a lesson, but that doesn't work. I think that some time my parents will just give up.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I'm one of those kids whose parents say "OMG U R SO GROUNDED FOR A BAJILLIONMILLIONRESTOFYOURLIFE YEARS DDDDDDDDDDD<" and then forget about it the next day.

Though recently, throughout the month of May and beginning of June, I was grounded for my grades. My parents were in a pretty bad mood when they got my midterm and they actually went through with their threat. My dad took away and hid my laptop for a month and same with my camera.

Other than that, I hardly ever get grounded.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
    I havent been grounded since i lost video game privilages for an entire summer becuz i forgot to take out the trash. that was what, two years ago?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 26, 2009
    Ugh, I get grounded all the time. Last time was actually last week, since a friend and I did the old "Tell your parents you're at each others house" and we got caught when our parents decided to talk to each other at 2 in the morning and realized my friend an I were nowhere to be found. :\

Fortunately, when I get grounded, all it means is I'm not allowed out on weekend nights, so I can still do pretty much anything.

Years
    I have my DS confiscated often, but rarely my computer, as I use it for schoolwork and take it to school....
    As for being grounded, I've never been in that much trouble before. Even in the worst cases, I will send myself to my room and sleep.

Years
    I usually never get grounded. My mom is like my best friend so I get away with everything. I don't do anything bad or when I do I tell her. I smoked pot once with my sister and told my mom. She was just like thanks for being honest. If I make my mom mad enough she'll try to keep me in the house. But I just leave out my window at night and walk to my best friend's. Or she tries to take away my internet. That's pointless because I have internet on my itouch and phone.

It's impossible for me to be grounded. ha.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I hardly do anything bad, so I don't really get grounded. Sometimes if I do, it's not really for a long period of time and it's normally a computer ban.

popsicles.

F A S C I N A T I O N .
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    I have never been grounded. :]
    Instead, they give me computer bans. Lots and lots of computer bans.
    And make me do al the annoying chores in the house, like cleaning the fishbowl, etc ..

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I don't get grounded, but my dad tells me to stay in my room sometimes.

anyway, I don't understand what you mean by: "Go to the bathroom"

Back