• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Going to the mall.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    When's the last time you went to the mall?
    What did you do there?
    What stores did you go in?
    What's your favorite store in the mall?
    Do you have any traditions or things you usually do when you go to the mall (nearly) every time you go?
    Do you enjoy going to the mall?

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I went to the mall last Wednesday, actually. I went to hit the winter clearances since I need a new coat - didn't find anything though, but I did some other clothes shopping as well. I wound up going into Sears, JC Penney, Aeropostale, and American Eagle.

I don't go to the mall that much, so one thing I usually wind up doing if I'm hungry is getting a pretzel from Auntie Anne's since they're godly. Didn't get that the other day though since I'd just eaten lunch.

I guess I enjoy it? I mean, it's nice to just go hang out with friends, and it's a good way to kill time on your own as well. But I don't usually go to the mall unless I'm looking for something.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Today, actually. :D

What did you do there?
    Shopping, duh. I bought some shorts since it's been quite nice here recently.

Garage! It's turned into my favourite store, seriously.

Garage, Forever 21, Bluenotes, Dynamite

Do you have any traditions or things you usually do when you go to the mall (nearly) every time you go?
    Most of the time, I'll get either a smoothie from Freshly Squeezed or a frozen yogurt from Yogen Fruz.

I would go there everyday if I had the money omfg

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Going to the mall is one of my favourite things in the world, so I tend to go there twice a week with one of my friends. The movie cinema is at the mall so I tend to go there quite a lot but aside from that, my favourite places to go are EB Games (video game store, duh) and JB Hi Fi (the place with the largest range of DVD/BD/video games/computer stuff you will ever find in Australia). I also tend to visit the big department stores like Target and Big W and K-Mart, but I generally look at the same parts of the stores, which is the DVDs etc :P - I do like to look good, but I have zero interest in clothes shopping because it's like... man hell, so I tend to avoid those stores at all cost lol.

My other favourite place at the mall I usually go to is the Chinese place in the food court. They have the most delicious stuff there and I often go there at least once a week to stock up on lunches for work.

As for the last time I went, it was earlier this afternoon :D - and before that, Friday morning lol

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
  • When's the last time you went to the mall? Umm I think it was.. 22nd March (Also my birthday)

What did you do there? I walked in half naked dripping wet and bought some pants to wear and a singlet, had many of people look at me and my two friends I was with, rather entertaining.

What stores did you go in? I went into Jay Jays, Kmart, Target, Game traders, Amart Allsports, Some food stores, Big W and that's all I can really remember.

What's your favorite store in the mall? Kmart or Big W are the best in the world.

Do you have any traditions or things you usually do when you go to the mall (nearly) every time you go? Big W game price checks :P

Do you enjoy going to the mall? Eh its alright I guess, only really go when I know things though.

Ayselipera

Last time I went to the mall I went with two of my friends, Kara and Ashley. It had to be a little over a month ago at the most. We just walked around and went to a couple stores. Honestly wasn't that fun with them because they are more into going into "fashion" stores and just bawwing at the fact that they can't buy 300 dollar shoes. Where I'm more like go into specialty stores and test out all the stuff they have. In that particular mall my favorite store is Teavana, but we didn't even end up going to it. I don't mind the mall, but it's not something I love to go to either.

Years
  • I was in the mall yesterday!

...I work at the pizza place in the mall. I'm there 6 days a week. :(

The one in town is a pretty small one. All of the cool entertainment and electronics stores have been run out; now it's pretty much all clothes, jewelry, hair places, ect. It's nice when I need clothes and bath stuff (I can't help but shop at Bath and Body Works) but I miss the days when we still had Waldenbooks (RIP) and Gamestop (there were 2 more in town so they shut it down). All the new stores they've been putting in are more clothes stores.

Typically when I shop, I'm either in JCPenny because I'm cheap, or Bath and Body Works because BATH STUFF. If someone's birthday is coming up and I want to get a card, there's also a Hallmark there. Also, I get discount at MasterCuts so that's where I get my hair cut.

I get a bit excited when I go to other towns and get to go to a different mall. Since ours is small, I like seeing what other stores there have. The bigger, the better. That and since I work at a corporation that has stores in most of the big malls in the US, I like to snoop on the other stores and moan about how much nicer their stores are compared to ours... But our crew is better than yours! And hopefully the food is too. :p

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I went to the mall yesterday because I work there. I spent most of my time there working and looked in a few game shops on the way out. My favourite store in the mall is probably Game Traders because of their stock and their service. I don't have any traditions really, I never buy food so... I do enjoy going to the mall, it gets people on my 3DS and makes a good place to go for a walk when the weather is bad. Working there makes it worse though.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I went to the mall a few weeks ago to try to find a red dress for a showing of The Room but we couldn't find it so we didn't end up buying anything. I don't go there unless I have something I want tbh, but pretty much every time we go to Gamestop just to Streetpass with the people there, plus my friends know the people that work there so they hang out haha. I'm not a fan of window shopping much cause it just makes me sad cause my entire life is pretty much window shopping, so I usually only go when I have something to do, or I'm with someone that has something to do so I'm not just wandering aimlessly.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I went to the Mall on wednesday. The Apple store is there and I needed my computer fixed so I took it there and they shipped it off for repair. I also went and bought some clothes because the weather is getting warm now.

Renegade1

#1 Noob!
    Years
  • When's the last time you went to the mall?
    2 days ago
    What did you do there?
    Buy stuff
    Lots
    Blue Inc
    Buy stuff
    No!

:P

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    2 days ago
    What did you do there?
    Time pass :P
    in which my mom went
    landmark and games store
    i always go to the game zone when i am bored and my parents allows me
    it's okay

Kae Kyo

you're like oxygen to me.
    Years
  • I went to the mall a couple weeks ago, if I recall correctly. I really don't like going there since I always see the same people, and the local mall here is boring. I usually go into JC Penny, Footlocker, Finish Line, or Game Stop. I really don't go to the mall that much though, but when I do it's because I'm hungry or I need something. I usually stop for Chinese food before heading home. I only seem to go the the mall when I need something. I guess I enjoy it. It's nice to get hang out with friends and window shop or look at expensive things I know I cannot afford XD.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • When's the last time you went to the mall?: A couple days ago (Sunday)
    What did you do there?: Had dinner at CPK and saw Hunger Games
    What stores did you go in?: A book store, a couple clothes stores and a hobby store.
    What's your favorite store in the mall?: The hobby store (Hobbes and Landes)
    Do you have any traditions or things you usually do when you go to the mall (nearly) every time you go?: Most of the time, we come here to eat dinner and see movies.
    Do you enjoy going to the mall?: Sometimes, but only when I shop for whatever I want.

Years
  • When's the last time you went to the mall? Last Tuesday.
    What did you do there? Ate in the food court and went around looking at the stores.
    What stores did you go in? Apple, Tillys (clothes store), Verizon, and Gamestop.
    What's your favorite store in the mall? Apple!
    Do you have any traditions or things you usually do when you go to the mall (nearly) every time you go? Not really, I usually eat at the food court.
    Do you enjoy going to the mall?Yeah, except lately a lot of stores closed down, so its not as fun as it used to be, but still some good stores there.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    About a week or two ago. I don't really visit the mall as much anymore since they took out most of my favorite stores.

What did you do there?
    I shopped for books and video games and got my ears double pierced.

GameStop and Borders.

GameStop.

I check on video games every single time to make sure I am not missing out on something I want.

Depends. I don't really like to go there for social outings, but if I can spend freely and have no one to bother me, I love it.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • When's the last time you went to the mall? Last Thursday with my dad
    What did you do there? Bought a used GBA SP, bought some socks ,shorts for my brothers, and pretzels
    What stores did you go in? GameStop, VStock(local video game store) Slackers(also local video game store) , JCPenney, and Auntie Anne's (where we got the pretzels)
    What's your favorite store in the mall? Gamestop and Hot Topic
    Do you have any traditions or things you usually do when you go to the mall (nearly) every time you go? Not really , but we seem to go to Gamestop alot.
    Do you enjoy going to the mall? Sometimes, usually when I'm with friends or going to see a movie.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • God, it's been forever since I've been to the mall, mainly because all of our malls are awful, and the only real/good mall is a couple towns over which takes me about an hour to get to. There's an even larger/cooler mall about two hours away.

We have two malls nearby that are oddly very close to each other. One's an old indoor one, and the other is a new outdoor mall.
    As for store I like to visit in our malls, I like the GameStop at the old mall (though there's a newer gamestop right up the street from me that renders the one in the mall useless), and the Barnes and Noble at the new mall. Other than that, there's just a bunch of boring stores.

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Months ago. I blame it on living out in the middle of nowhere (nearest mall is over 30 minutes away) and the fact that the aforementioned mall closest to us is missing a critical store - a bookstore.
    What did you do there? Walked around, went in a few stores, and ate at the food court.
    What stores did you go in? GameStop, an independent game store, and the food court. I don't see why the local mall has two game stores, with pretty much the same stock at the same prices. At the mall near my old college (which was MUCH better), I'd also stop in Barnes & Noble as well as the upscale casual restaurant (Harper's) on site.
    What's your favorite store in the mall? Barnes and Noble. Free wi-fi plus manga, a winning combination.
    Do you have any traditions or things you usually do when you go to the mall (nearly) every time you go? Pretty much just go in the stores I mentioned. I also made it a point while in college to go to the mall on Black Friday and then spend the night in a nearby hotel (so I wouldn't have to spend all of Thanksgiving break on campus with nothing to do).
    Do you enjoy going to the mall? Yes I do, I think it's a nice break from the norm. Wish I could get out there more often (and to my preferred mall in NC which does have all the stores I need :P )

Back