• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Gold > Ethan

Gold to Ethan

• I Love the idea!

Votes: 20 20.6%
  • Why would they do such a thing?

Votes: 51 52.6%
  • I don't care...

Votes: 26 26.8%

• Total voters

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I don't really care. :s I think it would've been weird to have my friend/rival running around with a colour for a name. We only don't find it weird because the fandom is so used to it. Ethan is fine as a name. Sure it's not as badass as a lot of people would like when it comes to a main character name but I bet most of your names wouldn't be either. :<

As far as designs go... ehh, I wasn't a huge fan of any of the "improved" character designs in HGSS. ._. But I didn't let it affect my gameplay because dude, all you see is a tiny little sprite anyway. I pretty much still imagine the original hero from Gold as the design for the character as I play anyway.

ichuesther

The girl with the Charizard.
    Years
    When it comes to games, people need to have special names.
    Ethan is too bleh for me.
    I like Gold. But whatever.
    :@ I always have special names for my rivals and my character.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    I like Gold's design better, but what made me mad was that they replaced Kris with a big hat wearing Marril fanatic.

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
    Years
    I kinda like the new Gold. Ethan looks cooler, but meh, the old Ethan looks a little better...

Team_SJK

Son of Arceus
    Years
    I don't really care. :s I think it would've been weird to have my friend/rival running around with a colour for a name. We only don't find it weird because the fandom is so used to it. Ethan is fine as a name. Sure it's not as badass as a lot of people would like when it comes to a main character name but I bet most of your names wouldn't be either. :<

As far as designs go... ehh, I wasn't a huge fan of any of the "improved" character designs in HGSS. ._. But I didn't let it affect my gameplay because dude, all you see is a tiny little sprite anyway. I pretty much still imagine the original hero from Gold as the design for the character as I play anyway.

I too could care less about the hero's name being either Ethan or Gold, but as a human being, if my name had to be the same as a color, I'd pick Red, because that name used to be a very common boy's or man's name in a better, vanished time, probably up until the late 1960s. For me, no other color would be acceptable for a first name. My surname would be a different story, because there's names like Green, Black, White, and others out there.

Back