• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Gold & Silver

Aggron-x-Ryder

Da Girl Who Rides Aggrons..duh
Years
  • Ok
    Im new 2 this Forum thing and yer...
    this is off the question but,
    My friend told me that u can get celebi...
    by throwing a masterball in the shire in the forest....
    and wen u do, u look around in the grass and celebi appears....
    can that be trusted? i mean i hav billions of master balls thx 2 that cheat with the computer....
    but i dunno... is it worth trying?
    and one more thing, are those trainer cards made by yourself or do u do it on a website?
    Cyaz
    Maddy

Years
  • That happened to my Gold verson once, but i'm pretty sure that was because I dropped my game boy down the stairs whilst playing it :/ lol

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • SAME THING MAN im so peeved coz ity was a really good game
    YAY 100th POST!!!!!!!!!!

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    This never happened to me...

...Well, what about Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2? Are they susceptible to this problem?

californiajk2

Pokemon Champ
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2008
    yeah happeneed to my gold version yesterday i thought it was cuz i tried to use a gba gameshark on it when its a gbc game... but maybe it has something to do with the battery but doesnt matter to me cuz i play my crystal alot more =)

Years
  • Omg, I'm like totally scared now. I think I'll trade a copy of my dewgong to my yellow version to keep it safe...but I dont know what to do about my Typhlosion...

Can the battery be recharged?

Oz Ranger

Beginning Ranger
    Years
  • I had my Red version since mid-1999 and the internal clock hasn't died yet. Same with my Yellow, except late-1999. I have had my Silver and Gold since since late 2000. Not yet has my Silver nor Gold ran out. Although, it is possible to run out if things like dirt or something else damages it.

willypiggy

パンケーキ! Yum!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    :( I just bourght a GBC off ebay so I could play my red and gold... don't tell me they aint gonna work :(

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2006
    My silver erased when I did something stupid with my N64(It was in the Transfer Pack). My yellow erased itself when I hadn't played it in a few years. x)

Lordpenguin

Pokémon: Lodestone
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    It seems there is no specific lifetime for batteries, especially comparing GSC to RBY, which seem to last longer. And you can replace the battery yourself, if you can break open the casing, and solder in the correct new battery. (hardest part is finding one: your best bet is actually to buy a bargain bin GBC game with save and nick it out of that.)
    And then glue the case back together so it slots in, which is easier if you use your GBA, of course.

EDIT: This will not restore corrupted old games, I think, just allow you to save new ones again.

Auron

Legendary Guardian
    Years
  • unfortunately you have to manually remove it and replace it and do all this complicated stuff i read on wikipedia.

What article is it ?? But do you lose your game save ??

The internal battery keeps the time of the game. So when the battery dies, the game is unable to keep time, thus it says that there is no time set and that the file is corrupted.

That's right. It happened to me in Sapphire (The Emulator was an old version). It said that the battery ran dry, and there won't be any time event.

willypiggy

パンケーキ! Yum!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    It seems there is no specific lifetime for batteries, especially comparing GSC to RBY, which seem to last longer. And you can replace the battery yourself, if you can break open the casing, and solder in the correct new battery. (hardest part is finding one: your best bet is actually to buy a bargain bin GBC game with save and nick it out of that.)
    And then glue the case back together so it slots in, which is easier if you use your GBA, of course.

EDIT: This will not restore corrupted old games, I think, just allow you to save new ones again.

Is it really that easy? If my Gold doesnt work then I may try it and take pics and amke a tutorial for everyone :)

Lordpenguin

Pokémon: Lodestone
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    Hehehe, no, it's not as easy as it sounds. The connections on the circuit board of the cartridge are very small, and and difficult to connect accurately by all accounts. And you need to be careful to isolate the battery until it is connected properly, to make sure of not putting power into any part of the circuit while working. I haven't done it successfully (I can't solder), but a friend of mine has, though he does work in electronics...

Ash&pikachuarethebest

Houndoom trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2014
    Well i hope my gold doesn't go funnie like that because i have my lugia and Ho-oh and all my good pokemon on it

Back