• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Gold sprites vs. Silver Sprites

Gold Sprites vs. Silver Sprites

• Gold is better

Votes: 28 34.1%
  • Silver is better

Votes: 54 65.9%

• Total voters
    Years
    For me, it tends to really depend on the pokémon. As an example, I certainly prefer Gyarados' sprite in Gold than I do in Silver, whilst I prefer Ho-oh's sprite in Silver compared to the one in Gold (the pose for me is the problem, I get tired of seeing Ho-oh's wings flapped up and its head ducked down everywhere.)

But for the majority, I prefer Silver's sprites. They appear more vibrant to me than that of Gold.

IndigoPlateau

Captain of the Awesome Team
    Years
    I'm most used to the Gold sprites, but I recently started playing a Silver emulator. They look different, I'll give them that.

I would have to say that Crystal pwns both Gold and Silver, though. The animated sprites are just too darn cool.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    That is a really hard decision for me to make. Gah, having to choose between my two most favorite Pokemon games.... XP

I can't really choose, but... I think I have to go along with Gold. I grew up on Gold... And I LOVE Meoth's sprite, so that's all that matters. XD Ha!

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I'll be biased and pick Silver as I grew up with it. Gold's sprites are good too but I find them.. different (it's pretty obvious why) from Silver.

There are some exceptions though..

Meepman

Arogance is bliss
    Years
    I'm gonna go with gold because those sprites are the ones I'm more used to. The gold ones look like there in a normal position but the silver ones look more there in an attack pose or something, either way they're both good.

Pikachu™

Pika Pika!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2019
    Yea, like most people I grew up with Sliver, so naturally I prefer its sprites compared to Gold.

Back