• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Golden Sun, anyone? (fanclub)

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    I'm wondering if there are still fans of Golden Sun such as myself around these days. If you don't recall (or know) what Golden Sun was...

Golden Sun was an RPG released on American shores on 2001 that was considered one of the best games for the GBA. It featured stellar music, interesting gameplay, pseudo-3D graphics, and HOLY CRAP IT'S TELEPATHY. You played as a Venus (Earth, for those who don't know) Adept named Isaac, and you had 3 others in your party named Garet, Ivan and Mia, who had fire, wind and water powers respectevely. It had a sequel, just as good as the first, if not better, released in 2003 titled The Lost Age.

Us fans are still waiting for the third installment. Camelot is veeeeeery lazy. They sure love procrastination.

It's won numerous awards, and ranked 31 on NP's 200 best Nintendo games of all time, beating Pokemon and even Tetris!

I'm not going to go into storyline so much, you either know it or you don't...

...but are there fans of Golden Sun such as myself on PC?

EDIT: If someone could make us a userbar, that'd be wonderful!

Memberlist (updated 3/16/09)
    PJV
    Atrius
    ÄgàmêñÐmØÑ
    Netto Azure
    Korova
    Lil 'Schu
    Akera. (Previously JackorzKfnx)
    Maxipower90
    Signomi
    Aurafire
    Crystal-Walters
    FrozenSnowman
    Aragorn199
    Vuallium

(I'm quite enjoying the feedback I'm getting from this =D)

Last edited:

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    YES! YES! OH MY GOD YES! I FREAKING LOVE THIS GAME. IT IS THE BEST RPG FOR GAMEBOY EVAR! IT FREAKIN PWNS! Aside from that, me.

I am silently waiting for a number three.

I like Piers, Alex and Mia the best. Water adepts are my favorite. IMO, they should allow you to learn about the other characters back stories (Alex and all those other oh so important characters that you wish you could play but can't.)

My favorite enemy would be Briggs. He was a tough battle, but he was funny. Fixing the ship was fun.

Erm.. my favorite event was the Colosseum thing with Issac in number one. I liked using Psyenergy to cheat and what not, making it first and pwning them with the good stuff. (Also how you just had a dream if you lost the first two :) )

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    List updated.

Brigg's quotes as he was leaving Alhafra on the boat were EPIC.
    Especially...
    "Neener neener neener neener neener BLEAH!!!"

Alex MUST have a role in a GS3. And I'll be quite upset if the main Jupe isn't Hamma... Another reason to have a GS3 - Determine whether the spelling is Hama or Hamma... (or maybe they'll come up with a completely new spelling. Silly NOAs...)

On the favourite character side... it should be quite obvious who my favourite character is XD But I also like Piers, Garet and Felix to an extent. Garet is totally LMFAO, especially in the epic "Indiana Jones" scene in the Altin Peak if you don't have the Orb of Force.

I honestly play the game more than Pokemon these days XD Ah, many hours wasted using Mind Read... lol.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I sadly lost my copies. I am looking for a good rom, but the L R buttons won't work and I refuse to plaay without psyenergy short cuts.

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    Whaaaaaat? How can you mind read without using R/L? That's... terrible. I would lend you mine, but... lending things over the net doesn't work out that well lol.

Speaking of the such, has anyone accidentally tried to Mind Read a Pokemon right after they played GS for long enough? Gawd, there's this Pidgeot in Saffaron City I keep on doing it to. It takes me a minute to realize it's Pokemon, and that Red =/= Ivan.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Lawl. I actually haven't. But yes, I couldn't go through a game without L/R. It takes to much time going start, psyenergy, move, and then sliding the statue over.

Eerr on number two did you beat Saturos and Merandi at the top of the tower?

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    Ha! That was quite a while back. Er, I just gave 'em hell, you know, spamming on the Boreas (and other summons too, but mainly Boreas lol). I found a good strategy is to make Ivan/Mia both healers, so you get healed at the beginning of the turn and the end as well.

Sidenote: I just noticed there's a member named Agatioflame. GET YOUR BUTT OVER HERE YOUR NAME SCREAMS GS XD

EDIT: List Updated.

Last edited:

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    I suppose I have to join seeing as I was going to make this sometime anyway.

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    *list updated*

That's good, but it seems like our little club is a little underloved. Oh well.

I'm going to see if I can convince Rena of Golden Sun Realm forums to make us a little userbar or something. That'd be nice. She's really nice about requests, so I wouldn't be suprised if she helps pitch in ^_^

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Something Odd I noticed. In the first one, the falling boulder is small, and only takes out a small portion of the town. Everyone would be much safer had they just stayed home.

Lil' Schu

never an honest word... ♫
    Years
    lsdjlfk;asljk

I LOVE THESE GAMES WHY DID I NOT SEE THIS SOONER omg. I just restarted playing them and am on TLA already after like...3 days? And I can't find Jupiter Lighthouse; it's been so long. Stupid rivers. xD

*joins*

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Oh. Woot. Alternate Ending. In the first when the great healer says (Player) will you accept the fate.. you choose no. Then exit the sanctum.. and you have the new ending!

Lil' Schu

never an honest word... ♫
    Years
    I actually didn't think they were that hard. I just had the party set to base classes around level 25 I think, and they were fairly easy. Just don't let Mia get to the point where she can't use Wish and it's not that bad.

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    Whoops, gotta update the list again XD

Am I the only person who wishes that I were a Proxian just so I could have epic jumping abilities? XD They weren't too hard, and the Proxians from the second game were only annoying. Although Karst is epic >=D

Years
    You know the hardest boss battle for me. That boss inside the extra sanctum where you get Iris. and that guy who force summons your standby Djinns to attack you. Very disorienting. =P

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    Oh, Dulluhan, that [insert obcene language here]!

Yeah, some people say he's one of the hardest bosses of all time. The worst part is when you run into him in the battle arena. It's basically death from that point XD

The summons one is Valukar. Hm... I've run into him multiple times in the Battle Arena. He's not that hard, but it's kind of fun keeping on your toes with him and the summons. It's really bad if he summons the one summon that heals your party (not Iris, there's a weaker version that uses Water and Wind Djinn - it recovers 60% of your HP for 5 turns).

A good strategy is to use a first turn effect djinni, such as Breath (recovers HP quickly) and then use it to summon with a fast character, like Ivan or Sheba.

Look at what the Battle Arena has done to my poor bored soul... XD

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    Man. I still have yet to play the first game
    [I have the rom on my computer, just not the time]
    The puzzles in the second game used to annoy me when I was like 10.
    But i've played through the second game. And thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Though, I haven't fought many optional bosses.
    [Infact, I think the only two I have fought are the Star Magician and Sentinel]
    I have to play through it again at some point..
    I also remember it taking me fifty tries to beat the damn three headed dragon at the end of the game. I was like level fifty aswell. Now I think on it, I was pretty cheap as well [I had felix with Sol Sword, which I had used so much that it nearly always let out it's special attack, meddigo (I think that's what it's called, I haven't played this game in ages)].
    But yeah. Golden Sun was one of the best experiences of my childhood..

Back