• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Golden Sun, anyone? (fanclub)

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    Yeah, she is pretty cool IMHO. I prefer her over Sheba. Sheba's just a whiney stupid idiot who just complains about how she never knew her parents (actually, she get's it better off than Ivan does - since she crashes to Weyard, the little villagers of Laverio think she's a demigoddess and treat her as best as they can, while Ivan is reared as a freaking servant)

I think that in a GS3 they shouldn't make the next female a healer >_> Sure, Sheba's not one, but Sheba's a higher defense/lower speed version of Ivan.
    Not only that, but I think she's pretty much a gender swapped Ivan in appearance as well.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
    ^ Yep Sheba pretty much is one of the least inventive characters in Golden Sun :P.
    Also after searching through this thread I found the part where Jupiter (I thought it was Jupiter >.<) says something about playing as the other non-playable characters. What if there was Prequal in which you could play them and how they interacted with the original plot of both GSs? Also it could begin before they intefere with the plot lines and explain thier history, motives, and maybe a seperate plotline in which a group of Adepts that have already been "made" are being played as.

I want to hear Jupiter's idea on the above because I still have yet to know if my idea has any drawbacks that I haven't though of >.<

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    I would love to see a double pack DS Card of Golden Sun: The Broken Seal and Golden Sun: The Lost Age. I would buy it in a heart beat since my 2 were stolen, along with a ton of other GBA games, and its so hard to find them anywhere other than the internet.

I'd love to see a more offensive female character, or maybe even a female lead character, those are awfully rare, especially in Nintendo games that you can't choose your gender in. I may be biased since I'm a girl, but I would love that. Since I love the Fire Element, I'd love her to be a Mars, although I'd also love Jupiter because of Lightning, not that I'd complain about anything they chose for her.

Last edited:

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    If they did have a double cartridge DS game, I would play it too, but I would expect utilization of the 3-D capabilities of the DS.

Well, I would not like to play a prequel, but I would prefer playing that over a far-in-the-future sequel. A prequel is hard simply because the two original games were based on a "saving the world" story, and there wouldn't be much to do in a prequel. A far-in-the-future sequel would be a bit much for me, because you would have to dispose of the characters now (not fully, but causing characters to grow up means that they will have to be changed), plus Camelot would be taking a risk in making so many new characters. And I reeeeeeally want Hama to be playable in a GS3. She's too freaking awesome.

Some things I would definately want to see in a GS3:
    - Finding about Sheba's Past/Flying to the moon/Anemos
    - Fighting an epic battle against Alex
    - Seeing what's over Gaia Falls
    - Seeing the world transform due to the release of Alchemy
    - More djinn, more summons, more psynergy
    - Voice acting, if it isn't fail
    - If it's on the DS, dual-slot capabilities allowing you to transfer save files
    - Hama Hama Hama Hama Hama Hama Hama Hama Hama Hama Hama Hama mushroom mushroom...
    - WHEAT SWORD IS OBTAINABLE
    - Anime cut scenes, where possible

On a sidenote, I think that the artists for GS3 should make more art for other characters, like Dora, Kyle, Hammet, Donpa, Dodonpa, Hydros, Maha, ect. ect...

Bringing up Anime, does anyone else see the huge potential for a GS anime here? As long as they didn't fail it with terrible voice acting (goes off to raid 4-Kids! so they don't even thinks about it)

EDIT: This may be the wrong link, but my internet's terrible =P but I would highly suggest you guys watching this to see if you can understand what the hell is going on XD:
    https://dic.nicovideo.jp/v/sm3423552

Last edited:

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    *waves back*

That would be hilarious if Camelot, or the translators, put the Wheat Sword in as a cameo, like if you look around an item shop or someone's house and examined a sword on the wall your character would say.
    "Wheat Sword? What a weird name for a sword.."
    or something like that. Or maybe including it as a Joke Weapon, thus it couldn't have the same stats as the "real" Wheat Sword, but it would still be a funny reference.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    I have a nostalgic feeling at the moment.
    I just beat Captain Briggs on GS2, and owned him totally and utterly.
    I remember struggling against him on my first playthrough.
    Can't wait to get Piers atm.

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    If they had the Wheat Sword, it would have to be obtainable in the original way.

You know...
    Spoiler:

Ah, I'm repeating myself again.

On the subject of Briggs...

I love it when he leaves Alhafra and yells,
    "Neener neener neener neener neener BLEAH!!!"
    and
    "And make sure you keep Alhafra safe from pirates! And Politicians, too!"

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    Ah, I'm repeating myself again.

On the subject of Briggs...

I love it when he leaves Alhafra and yells,
    "Neener neener neener neener neener BLEAH!!!"
    and
    "And make sure you keep Alhafra safe from pirates! And Politicians, too!"

God, I remember that scene.
    -Runs off upstairs to grab my DS, laptop in tow-
    Must play more.
    And onwards to Air's rock I go.

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    List updated.

Well, you're welcome to post here as much about Golden Sun as you like here.

Speaking of which, did anyone ever hear of the "hidden psynergies" like Ma????????? and A????????

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    Ugh, I hated Air's rock. Completely worthless. Where's Hama where you need here most? XD

I hate air's rock too, but unfortunately I have to go there to get Reveal.
    I'll probably spend like an hour trying to get through the puzzle.
    [Air's rock sticks out in my head for having a terribly hard puzzle]
    By which time after that, My party will be around Lv.17

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2020
    ah, Golden Sun, truly Epic.

I loved the little tricks people managed to discover, like going to Crossbone Isle early on your way to Tolbi from Kalay, and the little glitch in TLA that allowed you to run around in the golden sun world (well, for the most part, after all some places like Imil were inaccessible)

I loved the Phoenix/Fire Bird/Wonder Birds, Encounter 2 and just keep impacting Piers and unleashing smacker Djinn and you get mass exp! I'll upload a screenshot of some massive exp I got once.

"Count me in!" - Gryphon Rider, Warcraft 3

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    Wow. No-one's posted here for a bit.
    Anyway, I'm here just to say I've had a name change from JackorzKfnx.
    So if you could amend the first post, that would be great :D.

Back