• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Google+, Facebook killer?

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Although Google wishes it could take over FB (Google hates FB because the owner refused to sell it to Google), Google + will not kill Facebook.

They would have to be thoroughly convinced that that Google+ was better. People are lazy though, they dont want to switch over.

Well, a lot of people are getting a little tired of Facebook, especially with all the wall spam and things these days, many people would be willing to migrate to anoter social network if it offers new features that make users happy, which it partially already has. Many of these people may already have Google accounts also, so it already has an advantage of convenience.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2011
    I am currently slowly familiarizing myself with Google+ after an invite from my friend the other day.

In aspects as in the inconspicuousness of advertisements (completely absent), the ability to distance your friends from knowing who your other friends are --avoiding any unnecessary comments, a simpler and more direct interface, and a better, stronger privacy policy renders Google+ the better social networking website at first glance. These are some of the reasons I ousted Facebook for a while, and after reading about Google+ and its promising features then testing it, I deactivated my account.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    There are several things that Google has to do. Gaming platform like facebook has, video uploading feature like facebook has. These 2 is a must.
    Well, not necessarily a gaming platform, but definitely a platform for third-party applications could be made for developers. Well, they could easily integrate Google+with YouTube, and they could allow privacy settings from Google+ if needed.
    I am currently slowly familiarizing myself with Google+ after an invite from my friend the other day.

In aspects as in the inconspicuousness of advertisements (completely absent), the ability to distance your friends from knowing who your other friends are --avoiding any unnecessary comments, a simpler and more direct interface, and a better, stronger privacy policy renders Google+ the better social networking website at first glance. These are some of the reasons I ousted Facebook for a while, and after reading about Google+ and its promising features then testing it, I deactivated my account.

Since Google+ has been released, people have been looking into it, which is a good sign.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    G+ is probably one of the more annoying networking sites I've seen. It's got a difficult-to-use interface and lots of kinks which I hope they sort out before it goes official. You can't choose a default stream, alter who you see on your stream, rearrange groups. I've had trouble adding someone I know because we're both off the search engine (because everyone can see your content on G+). Aaand I think it's annoying picking who I want to see my posts every time I post something. It's a good idea that Facebook needs to develop, but G+ doesn't do it in the right way.

Of course, that's not saying that it's any better or worse than Facebook, nor that G+ isn't without its benefits. I just feel like it could be so much better.

edit Facebook's new sidebar is really off-putting. And G+'s layout / interface still annoys me. Gah, why can't we have nice things? Tumblr is really the only social networking site I've never had any real problems with, but not everyone wants a blog--and they don't have a perfect messaging system either.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    G+ is probably one of the more annoying networking sites I've seen. It's got a difficult-to-use interface and lots of kinks which I hope they sort out before it goes official. You can't choose a default stream, alter who you see on your stream, rearrange groups. I've had trouble adding someone I know because we're both off the search engine (because everyone can see your content on G+). Aaand I think it's annoying picking who I want to see my posts every time I post something. It's a good idea that Facebook needs to develop, but G+ doesn't do it in the right way.

Of course, that's not saying that it's any better or worse than Facebook, nor that G+ isn't without its benefits. I just feel like it could be so much better.

edit Facebook's new sidebar is really off-putting. And G+'s layout / interface still annoys me. Gah, why can't we have nice things? Tumblr is really the only social networking site I've never had any real problems with, but not everyone wants a blog--and they don't have a perfect messaging system either.

I do agree; Google+ could be a lot easier to use. It's not quite finished yet, and that's an important thing to fix, so I imagine it will be a lot easier for everyone to use soon. About privacy, I'm pretty sure that Google+ gives you the potion of making your page completely private, especially because if it wasn't private, the circles would be sort of pointless. Also, this is off-topic, but Tumblr is easy to use and has a nice layout, and it's good because the idea is unique -- which is why you may like it.

Back