• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gotta catch 'em all?

gracelynn

Blank Flank
Years
  • I half-heartedly tried to fill as much of my pokedex as possible, but I always ended up stopping because the next version had been released by the time I made any sort of headway. I did get a bit more serious about doing it in White (WiFi trading and communities help) and even made a spreadsheet to help keep track, but I got lazy and stopped playing for a while. ^^;

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2012
    I did get all the Pokemon 151 in my First game Pokemon Blue but after I played them with Roms so I did not really try and Catch them all

Years
  • I have never completed the elite four with more than 40 pokemon on my pokedex. I normally just upgrade my team when I find a better pokemon, but never catch for the sake of catching.

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2012
    Personally, I've never completed a Pokedex completely. I want to say I was in the mid-100s back when I had my gold/silver cartridges, but I kind of find it pointless now that I only play ROMs.

Years
  • I only catch Pokemon I like and need. Never have I even wanted to try to complete the pokedex. Too time consuming and annoying.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • The last time I made any serious attempt to "catch 'em all" was in my first Yellow file. I ended up at 149/151 when Missingno. deleted my file. I was short by a Venomoth and a Mew. D:

I recently did accomplish a complete GenI pokedex, but it was hardly a serious attempt, considering I used AR codes on an emulator to hack Mewtwo in as my starter and hacked everything else into the wild after I solo'd the E4 with Mewtwo. XD

rITual

We're only animals.
    Years
  • I don't really try and capture all Pokémon in a game as a rule. However, if I'm playing a run through that I'm more relaxed with compared to a more strategic (focusing on collecting a powerful line-up) then I'll pay more attention to my captures.

Years
  • I usually don't try to catch them all on my first run through. I go back after I have gone through the E4 and post game stuffs. I've only ever completed a pokedex once, and I kinda cheated to get a few, so I never legit completed a whole pokedex. Though I just got my legit Arceus, so a 493 run is in order soon, methinks.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Well, during my first main playthrough of that region, I'm usually a catch-it-all freak...

...except at BW, because it's a new generation, and I was still getting used. I mean, I first got back to Pokemon at 2006, when DP was released P:

But other than that, I usually stick to get rare + Pokemon I want, then raise them to become an epic team.

Although, right now I'm trying to complete my SS dex, seeing that I already obtained all legendaries + starters, I think why not?

Mysterious

ahahaha NOPE
    Years
  • If it's my first run through a new game, I usually attempt to capture as many Pokemon I can before running out of Pokeballs/getting bored.

Later, I really only capture Pokemon I need and I've never completed a single Pokedex. Since some Pokemon can only be found with trading...

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • It's been awhile since I've played/beaten a Pokemon game, the last being Black version a couple days after it released.
    It's gotten to the point of where I just play a Pokemon game to beat the main story, then I usually stop playing for some reason. With all that being said, no, I don't catch all the Pokemon. Rather I just catch what I need to beat the game.
    If ever I do more than that, it's just me catching and training Pokemon I like, but that was mostly back when I EV trained/battle competitively.

I've always wanted to catch them all, but I never can bring myself to do it. D:

Years
  • I haven't completed a Pokédex yet, but I plan to catch all of the necessary Pokémon after I beat the game.

~V~

"Winds of a New Beginning"
    Years
  • I had 150 pokemon on Red (damn you Mew!). That is as close as I have ever gotten. If I could get the promotional legendary's (Mew, Celebi, etc...) without promotional events then maybe I would attempt at 100% completion.

Back