• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gotta catch 'em all?

Mentalii

Back
Years
  • Not at all. I catch the Pokémon I want or need, and I don't mind the number of Pokémon caught on the Pokédex.

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2012
    out of all the games that I have or have played, I have yet to complete a pokedex, well national dex. I think I did for the first time in Sinnoh and then they updated it to national! lol

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    The last (and only) time I went into a game with a "Yeah! I'm going to catch them all!" mentality was in White, since all the Pokemon were new. I set myself the rule of "catch all Pokemon available in the previous routes before moving forward" in my first playthrough and, well, I almost immediately broke it after the first Gym.

I guess it's because everything was new that I wanted to bolt through the whole game to see all the Pokemon, and stopping to catch everything every time would just slow down my progress.

I do try to catch everything I missed after I finish the main game (as I did in Pearl), but I never really aim for full completion seeing as my DS can't connect to anything, so I can't trade at all. The closest I got to completion was probably in Crystal, though I can't quite remember how far I got...

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Since I've never been able to get event pokémon, and I don't trade over the WIFI, I've never really been able to complete the dex fully.

Therefore I don't even bother :) Only ones I did were Red/Blue since I had a gameshark to get Mew with.

Itstoppedatumbreon

Destroying Zubats since 1996
    Years
  • last year, on diamond, after no hacking (i traded on wifi, and got some hacked, but i never hacked) i succesfully caught all 493 pokemon. The final one i got was venomoth, which i named "PKMNMASTER"
    I have never touched that game since

Back