• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gotta Catch 'Em...Some?

天照

Nicku
Years
  • Who can "Catch 'em all" if they just keep making new Pokemon? The first 150 (or 151 if you want) was okay, but then they made the Johto ones, and then Hoenn, Sinnoh .. and well they're just continuing. I don't think anyone in the Anime can keep up with that.
    And well, the plot part of it... I don't think it have a plot anymore. Catch em all is dead, Satoshi is still (together with almost everyone else) talking about being Pokemon Master one day. But is that ever going to happen? I don't think so. The anime doesn't really have a 'real' plot anymore, they're just keep going for no reason so they can make more money or something like that.
    They should stop it now, and make a new more serious Pokemon Anime if you ask me.

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
    Years
  • Wow, 491 Pokemon in 72 hours? I've had my Ruby version for 5 years now and I've only managed 331 out of the 385 or something. That is pure insanity.

As to the anime, it's pretty obvious that Ash would have never caught em all anyway. Even in the first season, you had to think of Mew, Mewtwo, the birds, and fossils. When you look at those eight Pokemon, you begin to realize very fast just how hard it will be. Plus, he will never catch em all unless he evolves his Pikachu XD

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
  • Haha, that's funny. I've been talking with my sister about it and we both agree that Ash is a moronic, stupid idiot slightly odd person not to stick by his 'omg gottz 2 catch them allz!!1!1!!' thing. It would be slightly impossible, but he still should've stuck to it. Like his Bulbasaur? Remember him? Yeah, Bulba was going to evolve into Ivy and of course Ash didn't let him.

And his lack of strong Pokemon...he thinks he can win with a Pikachu? Along with the 'supercharged' electricity thing he pulled with Brock...electric does not affect rock no matter how supercharged it is.

Getting off-topic. The gist is that he sees a rare Pokemon and totally lets it go. I'd like a new storyline, please. Maybe not get rid of Ash - after all, most of the teenagers on here have grown up watching Ash make his journey across the regions, crying when Pikachu gets hurt and miraculously doesn't faint, and saving the world like he's Earth's own protector. But make him do something different, change up the plot. Badges and catching all Pokemon are getting old.

Personally, I'd like to see Misty and Tracy come back. Brock is getting on my nerves, so are May and Dawn. *long story*

But yes, you're all right, the plot has to change somehow.

And the Pikachu. Like P.O.B. said...evolve the thing already. What a moron, it'll still be the same Pokemon. Just bigger. But it'll have the same personality.

Although, I do think Ash seems to have a phobia of evolving Pokemon after what happened with his Charmander-evolved-Charmeleon-evolved-Charizard. He might never evolve another Pokemon of free will again.

Lord, that was a long post. I need to sit down and get some relaxation now. It's got me all tensed up, talking about Ash's stupidity strangeness.

XD

ハリマ☆ハリオ

播磨拳児
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2009
    Didn't they dump the slogan later anyway? "Gotta Catch 'Em All" is also a U.S. slogan, no? The Japanese slogan just means "Everyone, go out and catch some Pokémon!" and even that isn't as overused as the popular old American slogan.

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
    Years
  • Didn't they dump the slogan later anyway? "Gotta Catch 'Em All" is also a U.S. slogan, no? The Japanese slogan just means "Everyone, go out and catch some Pokémon!" and even that isn't as overused as the popular old American slogan.

Yeah but I think the point isn't when or where it was dropped, it's who was asleep in the dub room when they created it in the first place? Seriously. You'd think these people would be fans of their own show and know what's going on (or going to be going on) a little.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    Years
  • During the first season when Ash & Gary were bitter rivals, Professor Oak stated his grandson had captured over 200 Pokemon which would mean that he had more than one of certain ones. Ash was supposed to have 60, with 30 being Tauros, but what were they? He had Pikachu, Suqirtle, Charmander/Charmealon/Charizard, Bulbasaur, Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree which he set free, Pidgeot, Mankey which he left to be a better fighter, and Krabby although it hadn't evolved yet.

Back