• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GP's Art

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
  • Avelect.png
    Avelect.png

Old New

^_^ there ya go!

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
  • If you want to get what she means looks at the game sprites themselves, you notice that the midtone on the body( not the highlight ) is the outline around the lighest part of the body, getting darker in color away from the light eventually leaving you with a little bit of black.

storm393

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2009
    nice work on the red gyrados! loved the colors! keep up the good work! :)

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • domin8 and mobile tsk, you have my permission to take the avelect sprite, and redo the shading. i am not quite getting what ya mean. i know how to do the shading, but i cant seem to get it right, and i know that... :(

Fantomix

^^^^^^^^^
    Years
  • Hey, I like all your stuff :) I believe that what they meant was your shading is fine. You just haven't shaded the outline properly. Sounds confusing, yup. Well anyway, where the light spots are on the sprite, on the top of the wings, head etc. the outline should be a little darker than the light colour itself. Therefore, you will usually use the main colour of the thing your shading as the colour of the outline around the lighter colour. Then when the main colour has an outline, you usually use the darkest colour you used to shade the part for that. So on and so forth. Here, i sorta did it for you. (It was real quick though xD) I know I didn't have permission but yeah.

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • thnx fantomix! i see what they mean now, i just wasnt comprehending it before...
    ...this looks awesome now! hehehe... you even used my color pallette!

but really, thanks alot!

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • thnx! i think fantomix did a great job on it! thnx again fantomix! anyways, it does look very nice, and i liked the idea of an electric flying type, since there is only one other, and it's the legendary zapdos... at least now, trainers can catch a pokemon that is not a legendary and is the only one of it's elemental type!

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • i seem to be able to make beautiful sprites, but with terrible outlines! that seems to be my one point of weakness... i might, might go back and change em all...

btw... something i made in like ten minutes for a friend...
    5369eed34e2710aa498e65ab53cdf8d2.png

called Wraithoreon
    ...i dont like it much... but she loved it...it is definetely not my best work...

i have been working on outlining...

Sparkrust.png

Sparkrust

what da ya think?

Last edited:

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
  • I don't like the shading on sparkrust too much. And it is really just a cirele with legs and a tail, I don'tunderstand it

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • it's technically a voltorb... an old one that is all rusty that never evolved into an electrode... it is exclusive to Grotto in Carbon...the shading is funky b/c it is supposed to be rusty. i know that it's not one of my greatest, but it really isnt that bad, is it?

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • a few people asked about em... so here ya go, i'll make more eventually... these just seem to be my catch phrases on pokecommunity ^_^ (ask before using!)

little_gyarados_head.png
    Keep Spriting! (phrase copyright by gp_arts39)

Hypno-tising.png
    Hypno-tizing!

Cmon_Slowpoke.png
    Come on Slowpoke!

yuck_lickitung.png
    Yuck!

Tenta-Cool.png
    Tenta-Cool!

Psy-yi-yi.png
    Psy-aye-aye!

odd_like_and_oddish.png
    Odd... like an Oddish... (Phrase coined by HoppyFred)

Last edited:

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Cake_Time.png

YAY!

so i dont get scrutiny from the public... here are my own pmd rips that i have done...
    Pokemon_Myster_Dungeon_Gyarados.png

Last edited:

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • something new i had made...my party:
    Hurricane the Gyarados
    Flashfire the Blaziken
    Indy the Xatu
    Fierce the Salamence
    Dracula (very original) the crobat
    zapzilla (even more original) the raichu
    steelix the steelix (yep that tops the chart in origianality!)
    Lance_PMD_party_field.png

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
    Years
  • Your spriting just seems to get better and better, I wonder no one comes to this page.

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • me too... for both of ya... i dont like sparkrust's shading much... nor do i know why not a lot of people seem to come here...

i think sparkrust's shading is to "layered". it is like soil sediments stacked on eachother, it is not very round, and it doesnt make much sense... i did a good job on the outlining though, which was supposed to be the purpose of him... he was just outlining practice! ^_^

thanks everyone!

... i think we can consider this my catch phrase from now on...

(Keep Spriting!>
    Keep_Spriting_Gyarados.png

Years
  • The fossil is pretty neat, but I have no clue about anatomy. I'm not sure if all of that would fossilize in the same way. I know it's just a little sprite but you might wanna look up the way the bones would probably lay. Like his eye sockets would be hollow, and the whiskers might now have actual bone in them.
    I guess the colors are right but it just doesn't give off that "boney" feel. Perhaps a different way of shading?

I do like the ground though. xD It looks just like spray paint but it's nice.

Back