• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Grand Line: The Great Pirate Era! [PG-13]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Every pirate has a dream, be it to win the mysterious treasure of Gol D. Roger, to become the best at everything, or to simply become the greatest pirate on the 5 sea's, North Blue, East Blue, South Blue, West Blue, and the Grand Line, or just to hoard treasure and riches, these dreams never die. The Great Pirate Era has begun, and it's far from it's perish, even after a century since it's birth. One Piece has faded in and out of legend, myth, and folklore, having only been claimed by, and believed in, by the D's. One Piece has been claimed, spent, replenished, hidden, and found again, over and over until it disappeared entirely from many pirate's dream's, other ambition's driving them on. One Piece became the dream upon dreams, though a handful of pirate's still believed in this mystical treasure, spending most of their lives braving the Grand Line to claim and capture it for themselves! Each time, at the execution of the owner would announce to the world that One Piece was again, hidden, and up for grabs, stirring great turmoil's of celebration and unfurling a great many sail's.

As the Era of Pirates repeated itself over and over, One Piece grew larger and larger in aspects of how much treasure it hoarded from the great pirates who'd taken it for themselves. But, as I said, it disappeared entirely after the fifth owner hid it in a place only he himself had ever stepped foot in. Not even his crew knew where he'd hidden the treasure, and many of them perished, trying to find it. Now, in the time of the greatest prosperity and greatest value to anyone who may be a Pirate, the spur and dreams of One Piece are being roused again.

The mission?

Become the greatest Pirate King!!

"You won't find where I hid One Piece!" The Pirate King Monkey D. Luffy had grinned at the same spot Gol D. Roger had been executed, "I don't even remember where I hid it!"

~ + ~

Mission & Setting
    The mission is to complete/achieve whatever dream your character can think of! Be it to find One Piece (Captain's default dream, sorry Captains.), to become the best of your profession, or to become the Pirate King (Another default,) you must achieve your dream before someone else does!! We'll start off in East Blue, and we'll take our time to sail past the Red Line into the Grand Line. If you come from the Grand Line, think of a reason you're in East Blue.

~ + ~

I will allow you to consume Devil Fruits, but trust me, if you try to refer to anything in the English Dub way, (Cursed Fruit, etc.) I'll boot you in a heartbeat. (I have very strong opinions on the Dub, so don't mess with me when it comes to the dub.) I'll be referring to everything in the Japanese Version, so if you're confused…well…that's what Wikipedia is for. I will choose whether you can use the Devil Fruit you've chosen, but I won't allow one's such as 'Goro Goro Fruit' because it's too godly. (Electricity, btw.)

Rules:
    1) I will be VERY displeased if your character is a god-like figure. And I mean VERY. If I think you're character is too good for rookie pirate, I won't accept you, even if you re-do your sign-up, because more likely then not, the character will still have god-like traits as the RP progresses.
    2) I will allow your character to consume two Devil Fruits, as long as you're okay with your first post describing how your character dies.
    3) No duplicate Devil Fruits.
    4) Japanese Dub references please and thank you.
    5) There will be a 'three-strikes' system, and if you bug me or post too little or make things go ridiculously fast more then three times, I'll ask you to leave.
    6) One Piece is my favorite anime series of all-time, and if you haven't noticed, I'm going to be a prick when it comes to people whom sign-up.
    7) This RP is NOT for people who have never seen One Piece in their entire lives. If you wish to join, I suggest you start watching One Piece, from Episode 1 to the end of at least the Little Garden Arc, which is episode 77. Yeah.
    8) I will make an OOC thread, in which update's will be posted, question's will be answered, and the like.
    9) REAL Devil Fruit's please. I don't want any imagination hokey-pokey's.

Now, after the pleasant experience of reading those happy rules, let's move on to the sign-up, shall we?

Name:
    Dream: (What is your character's ultimate goal/Why is he/she sailing the Grand Line?)
    Pirate Crew: (Until one crew if filled up, with a Navigator, First Mate, Doctor, Shipwright, Chef, and Captain, then another one can be made. The name can be decided by the members of the crew anywhere you like, including the OOC thread.)
    Position: (Chef, First Mate, Navigator, etc)
    Personality:
    Appearance: (Let's remember that we're pirates.)
    History: (Include which Blue or Line or White you were born in, and if possible, where in that Blue/Line.)
    Devil Fruit/Weapon:
    Other:

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    I apologise. It's a work in progress. And if they history seems odd, it's probably because I typed it at 2am. XD

Name: Presia Anzael (Preh-shi-ah Aan-zay-el) Presi (Preh-see)for short.
    Dream: To seek out her brother's killer to obtain vengance. She also longs to travel the world.
    Pirate Crew:
    Position: Navigator

Personality: Looking at Presi, you'd fail to understand the complexity involved with her personality. Her actions, almost 100% of the time, are fueled by her emotions. This is a negative aspect when it comes to conflicts such as actual battle, since it has a tendancy to interfere with her ability to think rationally. Her ability to rationalize situations is second to none, but that all goes poof when her own emotions are involved. She is the type of person who tries to seem like a strong person all of the time, often hiding her weakspots to things like sweet foods, as well as her secret obsession with all things cute and cuddly. One weakness she does not hold back on showing, however, is her soft spot for animals. This can easily be explained by her ability to converse with the animals of the world. There are moments when she can be easily angered, as well. For example, she has a strong dislike for Domovi, who has a tendancy of angering her. When she is in a state of anger, she has a tendancy to... eat, strangely enough. Though it's probably best she eats and doesn't drink alcoholic beverages! She also has a tendancy to sleep a lot. When she does, it wouldn't be best to wake her up.

Appearance: I apologize for having to resort to a picture for my appearance, its something I do not usually do. However, due to the time constraints I'm under, on top of numerous other things, this will have to suffice for the appearance. I'll submit a written version sometime over the next few days.

History: Presi hails from the Grand Line. To be more specific, she comes from Nanohana in Arabasta. She lived what was consider an average life for those whom lived in that port town. Her parents were largely involved in the trading industry, so they weren't home very often. This left Presi alone at her home to take care of her little brother for most of the time. Usually, she would just take him down to the ocean shore. There, he would inquire her about what was beyond the vast blue sea, and always talked about wanting to see what was beyond. However, this peaceful routine was disturbed one day. Presi was out with her brother, making her usual trip to the ocean. She was unaware of the potential threat lurking in the town. A man had recently been fired from his job, and he had already killed his own family out of his newfound hate for the concept of life. The man came across the two while they were alone by the shore, and he quickly made a move. Instead of killing them like one might assume, he took them hostage aboard his ship as he gave his demands. When those demands weren't met, the man set sail farther down the Grand Line. After slaying Presi's brother, he revealed his identity to her. Apparently, he was a pirate who had made an attempt to clean up his life, but failed. Before casting her into the ocean, he left her with these words: "If ye truly want revenge, ye will become a pirate. Only then may ye get the chance to truly claim vengeance." It is unknown as to how Presi survived after being cast into the cold ocean filled with peril. All that is known is that she woke up on an island one day. On this island, she unknowingly consumed the Hiso Hiso no Mi, which gave her the strange ability to understand and speak to animals. With her special ability, to she was able to befriend multiple animals, and word of her ability became a rumor drifting throughout the animal world. After she was picked up by the navy after one month of surviving on stream water and fruit, she quickly began combat training. Making use of the three sectional staff, she quickly left the navy when she had gained enough knowledge to fend in a pirate crew. While in the navy, she also took navigational training, which went almost hand-in-hand with her special ability. Of course, the fact that she just got up and left made her a wanted criminal. However, weren't all pirates?

Devil Fruit/Weapon:
    Hiso Hiso no Mi- The consumption of this Devil's Fruit gave Presi the ability understand the hearts of animals (aka to communicate with animals). This aids dramatically in her ability to navigate, since she can use birds and creatures of the water to help reach her destination.
    Zanbenie- This is Presi's sabre-style sword. It is a standard model, taking a similar appearance to this.
    Other:

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    OOC: Apologies for the crap sign-up, I did while I was watching One Piece at the same time. ^^;; It might not have succeeded. xD When my sign-up is completed, the topic's will be bolded. <3

Name: Kaede Shimomura
    Dream: To become the most skilled doctor in the Grand Line.
    Pirate Crew: N/A
    Position: Doctor
    Personality: Kaede is just about the most arrogant girl you'll ever meet, and just about the most rude as well. She doesn't take crap from anyone, not kids, men, women, people her age, or even animals! She also has a reputation for a bad mouth, and an insane fee for her check-up's or anything that has to do with her medical skills. But even though this normally courageous, headstrong, and short-tempered girl may seem like someone who would fear very little, she actually fears quite a handful of things. Be it water, tight spaces, the dark, the sea, drunk people, or height's, Kaede's afraid of most things that normal people aren't afraid of, and isn't afraid of things normal people would be afraid of. She's utterly terrified of things like bugs, or strange looking people, and hyperventilates over just about everything. Kaede has the shortest temper out of all the girl's from her Home Island as well, which makes her mistrusting of everyone, though she's not afraid to announce it. Loud and outspoken, she hate's being ignored, and has comical superhuman strength when she's ticked off.

Appearance: Kaede has extremely long blonde hair that has a pale orangish pink. She usually has her hair in a a high ponytail that has multiple braids hanging from her ponytail, along with an assortment of asseccories. She wears large gloves that reach her elbow's, made of brown and tan leather, sewn together with thick strands of leather thread. A tight tube top that shows off her midriff. Though she has a flat chest, she's oddly curvy, which is an after effect of her Awa Awa Fruit. This also makes her skin extremely pale and clean, and she never has a speck of dirt on herself. Long thigh length socks are pulled up all the way, with a pair of ankle length boots that that have thick one inch heels. She has a strong frame and lean muscles that are only spotted when you look closely.

(No wings…)

History: Kaede was once the most arrogant little girl on Drum Island, but also the prettiest, palest girl in the Grand Line, as the people of Bighorn used to claim. Of course, this was probably far from the truth, but the people in Bighorn didn't care. Her medical skills were the pride and joy of Bighorn, but as for her attitude...many people called her 'Kureha's Apprentice', as she required insane prices for her skills, as Kureha did many years ago. These prices were meant to scare people off from bothering her unless it was absolutely nesseccary as she spent most of her time communicating with other scientists on the powers of the Devil Fruit, under the alias of 'Miako'. Kaede wanted to know everything about the fruit that had taken away her ability to swim, and she also wanted to know how to make it so that she was the most skilled Awa Awa Fruit user in history. She didn't get very far before a monarchy that the legendary Dalton had worked so hard to uproot started to emerge, and she fled Drum Island, fearing to be put to the same fate as her predecessor's. She ran off and joined various criminal organization's to live, and also to get the black market information on Devil Fruit's. In each organization, be it Marine, Pirate, or some other group, Kaede was treated like a jewel, because she was the doctor- and she was known to refuse to treat someone if they made her angry. This caused her to become as short tempered as she is, because of her slightly spoiled nature.

Devil Fruit/Weapon: Awa Awa no Mi- Allows the user to emit and control soap and bubbles that can not only clean off dirt but can also "clean off" power, essentially draining ones energy (and leaving them clean and shiny). This ability is not to be confused with a Logia power, as the user cannot turn herself into soap and bubbles, and thusly is not immune to physical attacks. Water can counter its effects

Simiune: Simiune is a large golden tear shaped ring that has a handle on the taper of the tear, and is a sharp sword-like ring on the gold steel. She wields it as if it were a sword.

Other: Kaede has a tendency to collect valuable things. At one point in time, she had another Devil Fruit in her possession, but she sold it for Beli, as she had heard of the dangers with eating two Devil Fruit.

Last edited:

JBCBlank

Satanist to the core.
    Years
    Name: Ichigo *Strawberry* -.-" Morilied.

Dream: His father was a Cook, his father's Father was a Cook, and his father's father's Father was a Cook, Can't help him for being one, but he wants to show that even Cook's can make it to the Grand line and Make a name for themselves.

Position: Chef

Personality: About the only thing that a person can expect from a guy who spent his whole life being called Strawberry. He's grouchy, Ill tempered, short with everyone, and lonely. Never having a girlfriend also adds to the way he acts, he's clumsy around them; well he's clumsy all the time. Since he hasn't spent time with girls he has grown a fascination with bugs that most deem unnatural, he'll always have one with him which will cause him to laugh for no reason at all. Being a Champion swimmer makes him think that he's the king of the sea, although he isn't able to save himself, let alone anyone else.

Appearance: Ichigo looks like his name, dorky and sad. His large glasses make his deep grey eyes almost unnoticeable against his lightly tanned skin. His long hair covers most of his forehead and gives him a childish appearance, red hair (a family trait) is another thing that attributed to the nickname. He tries not to make it noticed by dressing formally, a grey suite with a silver shirt and baby blue tie are his favorites. He keeps his Black leather dress shoes spotless and super shiny; you could swear that you could see your face in them.

History: Born 18 years ago on a ship that was headed to an Island in the East Blue. Unfortunately it was only a bit after they had left land behind so, technically he was born in the West blue, at the age of 6 he realized that the name Strawberry was more then just a cute thing that ones parents tell one. He went to school at the age of 7 and was tormented non stop; he ended up dropping out two years later and just taking up cooking like his dad. He became quite good, even took the place of his dad when he couldn't hold a spatula anymore. Ichigo's parents were heartbroken when he told them he wanted to sail, they kept telling him that he should be trying to say home and taking over the family business, he just kept telling them that he had to do it, they needed the money and having one less mouth to feed was the fastest way. They agreed after a long while and he was off with everything he needed and some stuff he didn't, you know mothers.

Devil Fruit/Weapon: I only use Xiolin, the Korean form of Kung-fu, so my Weapon's are my legs and feet.
    Other:

Niwa

.Blank
    Years
    Name:Chiba Takumi
    Dream: Chiba's dream is something that he holds very close to heart,the dream to be able to become famous for something extrodinary and perhaps the finds of new things.
    Pirate Crew:-
    Position: First Mate
    Personality: Chiba possess a essence about him that makes it very easy for people to trust him,being laid back and a person who doesnt let difficult matters affect him or ruin a good time,it is said that he is nearly a carefree person with no worries or problems.Seemingly,being a laid back person would essentially mean the person is a bit lazy,but the exact opposite can be claimed about Chiba.The teenage boy would not pass up the oppurtunity to go out and do something adventerous,whatever the challenge may be or a task that might prove hard,Chiba is always up for something to decrease his boredom.Containing these special traits make Chiba a person you would want to go out and have a grand journey or just be friends with,this young man will willing sacrifice anything that is important to himself just to help others out,a role model one might say and which could be very true of Chiba.Of course there isnt one person in the world who does not/can not get mad,he does have his days were,though still a happy person,will mostly ignore everyone and block them out,he tends to do this when the day of his mother and sister dissapperance is coming close,because on that exact day,Chiba will be so despressed,it would seem as though he is a completley different person.

Appearance: Chiba is clothed with some very unique clothes,upon his forhead he brands a dark yellow banadana tied to the back in a tight knot,his hair is a light brown color and the style is hung down,hanging over the head band (Refer to Paulies hair for a more clear image).
    Going down below Chiba's face,he wears a yellow open vest over a white long sleeved shirt that extends pass his hands.Along his waist is a thin sash mounted in a diagonal position with the words "Overall" written across it,the color of the sash is black while the letters are white.Continuing down his body,he wears white shorts that are ruffled at the end which appear to be cut and with the logo of a pirate flag that trails down the left side.Feeling as though shoes would restrain some of his freedom,Chiba always wears his brown sandels.

History: Lougetown,born and raised,Chiba is from this dark and dreary haven,the same place where great Pirate Kings have been executed and announced there treasure known as "One Piece" being hidden.These events are what make Chiba want to go out and make himself known for famous things,just hanging around town and doing boring adventures such as,exploring a cave or going swimming at night,he wishes to go out into the world far from the East Blue and discover new unknown places,Lougetown is all the boy knows,never having left the place,he doesnt know what lies behind the ocean he sees from the harbor.
    Chiba is a good son and helpful brother,living with only with his mother and sister,he takes it upon himself to make sure there safety is secure and they are happy before his own.One day when Chiba returned home from running errands,he found that his mother and sister were no longer there,simply,abanodonded was all Chiba could think of.Reasons unknown to himself why they would do such a hanious act is beyond him,no clothes were packed or any packing of the sort was involved it seemed as though they just ran way from home,or more importantly,him.
    During his daily cleaning of the house and shortly after his mother and sister left,in his mothers room he found a chest that was locked,seeing as she left,he found that it is now his possession and has the rights to know what is inside.After busting the lock and opening the chest,a strange odd looking fruit was inside the box.To Chiba, it looked rotten and was going to throw it away when he came to the realization that he was going to be short on food now that his main source of food left.Seeing as he was already hungry,he decided to eat the fruit,not wanting it to get more expired then it already is he thought.Waiting for some type of strange reaction to happen to him seeing as the fruit looked expired,nothing happened,and was sastisfied.That same night,as he was cooking lunch for himself on the short amount of food he had left,as he was cutting the vegetables up,the knife was becoming dull of old age and Chiba soon threw it away,slightly annoyed that he wouldnt be able to cut his food properly anymore,he decided to tear it up with his bare hands,but something strane was happening,as he was tearing,his fingers were getting slightly sharper and cutting the vegetables more smoothly,looking at his hands,he discovered what appeared to be tiny razors being emitted from his fingertips,taking a closer look,he realized the more he concentrated and thought of the sharp object coming out,the sharper his finger became and longer as well.Day after day Chiba tried to learn the mysteries of how this has happened to him,then it was known,the fruit!Eventually Chiba did learn how to harness the power of the Supa Supa fruit and was thought of himself as a "Master Silver Swordsman" although the days of his mother still lingered on in him.
    Being hurt deeply,Chiba did his best to try and hide his feelings of depressions,he never once told anyone of what his mother and sister had done,of course the occasional question would arise,but he would make an excuse such as "They are sick" or "I think they went to the market",which he did for more then five years,on the fifth year when he had turned nineteen,he decided to leave Lougetown and move pass the fact that the only family he had known left without a word,he would make something of himself,something big so that everyone will know him as a great figure like the Pirate Kings.

Devil Fruit/Weapon:Supa Supa no Mi-Turns the users body permanently into steel and allows the user to turn any surface of his or her body into a steel blade.
    Because of this unique power there is never a need to purchase uneeded weapons or utensils to aid him in his cooking!

Other:Chiba has much experience in swordplay,as he trained dayin and out, after he was left behind to learn how to defend himself if the time were to ever come.

(Note:I realize the small text might be hard to read so i will increase the size)

Last edited:

SilverTail

Noble Warrior of Woodsclan
    Years
    ((hey sis ^^))

Name: Takamine Haru (last name first, as in true japanese style)
    Dream: To be the best pirate he can be and to see teh world! (some treasure might not be such a bad thing....<.< >.>)
    Position: gunner
    Personality: Bold and out going, he speaks his mind alot even if it gets him in trouble, hes an easy going guy that looks out for his crew and likes to have fun when he fights. He thinks that 'a happy ship is a good ship'. He gets serious only when he has to and is kind of dence, think luffy but in a different body actually xD.

Appearance: He has a scar over his left eye that extends from just above his eyebrow to his chin. He has silver hair and greyish eyes, but is not blind. He wears a black tunic and silver pants, along with charcoal black sandals., He also wears a cloak from time to time for no reason. He just thinks it looks cool.

History: He lived in the Red Line his entire life, always wanting to travel with his own crew, which finnaly became a reality, sort of. He joined a renagade crew by means of stowing away, they put him through tests to see what he was good at and it turned out to be marksmanship, always hitting targets dead on as though his eyes were crosshairs. The only downside to his being there was that he could down enough food to feed a man for a whole day, in one sitting. Eventually they dropped him at a port and hired somone else. It was a sacrifice they had to make, for their own stomachs. He found a strange purple fruit in a cart and simply took it, hoping they wouldn't notice, and he gained new abilities from it. He later found out it was the gomu gomu no mi, the 'rubber rubber' fruit as it was called, due to its ability to give the one that eats it rubber like abilities. He is currently looking for a new crew to join.

Devil Fruit/Weapon: gomu gomu no mi, throwing weapons. (kunai, shuriken, throwing knives, ect.)
    Other: He's really fun loving and cares alot, even if he gets hot headed at times, he's the same guy at heart.

((DONE!))

Last edited:

Deathspector

I'm so hardcore, I'm "X"-rated
    Years
    Name: Takato Fukushima

Dream: To meet and battle every other pirate he can, and come out victorious. If he loses in one battle, then he will challenge the pirate again. He has no wish for godly wealth, despite being a theiving pirate. He prefers to steal to see how good he is at stealing; not intending to actually keep the goods he steals, and give the goods to his crew instead. This is what has made his cfrew so loyal to him, and unlikely to mutiny.

Pirate Crew: Black Dragon Pirates

Position: Captain (at the request of Bijou. Not that I'm comlaining)

Personality: Takato has an extremely strrong sense of right and wrong. Yet it is not your typical sense of right and wrong, seeing as he is a pirate, and lives his life on the shady side of the law. His idea of right is simply, the gut feeling. When you see someone hurt, your gut feeling tells you to go and help that person. His idea of wrong, is thinking too hard about things, and only caring for oneself. No wonder he became a Captain. Wanting to help people and all. Never mind. He also has a very artistic eye and can create a masterpiece in aday. His father always told him to be an artist, but he refued, becoming a pirate, and Captain at that. Intellectually, Takato is not smart, and is rather stupid, but he has a big heart, and is ocean-smart, so despite not being actually smart, he can make his way around. It is this little aspect that made him such a good pirate, and a perfect Captain. He has his First-Mate fo intelligence is he ever needs it.

Appearance: Takato is tall, tanned and toned too. He stands nearly six feet tall, and takes complete advantage of his height, using it to intimidate people who he doesn't like. He has a sense of being in control, and the feeling that he is used to having his orders being explicitly. Takato has shoulder-length brown hair, and being out at sea constantly, captaining his ship, he has to time to take care of it. So, instead, he has put them into braids so that even if they are matted, it looks "piraty". He keeps these braids neatly under a bandanna so that they stay out of his eyes. His eyes are a dark brown in colour; a swirl of never ending emotion, and trust. His bro is constantly furrowed, because he is always thinking about what to do next. He wears a white shirt (now dirtied by travel) coupled with a pair of brown trousers. He has a pair of black boots which he tucks his trousers into. On one side of his belt he carries a double-sided sword (the knightly type, not the samurai type).

History: Takato was born in the East-blue, to a chef and his pretty wife. His father (Akihiko) and his mother (Sakura) were both extremely law-abiding people, and feared pirates above all. Yet this fear made Takato want to know even more about these blood-thirsty sea-men. When he went to school, and learnt about pirates, he was intrigued by the brave deeds that these misunderstood men did every single day of their life. He felt that they had been wrongly classified as criminals, and all that they really did was take goods from the rich. Which was justified, seeing as the rich were more corrupt than all the pirates put together. But Takato never found a need to get riches. However, he did envy those great sea-faring do-gooders.

When he turned the passing age of sixteen, he left his parents, who wished dearly for him to either become an artist, or join the navy. Without telling either of them, he took up work as a gunner on the ship The Black Dragon. There he learnt how to be a pirate, drinking rum late into the night, and stealing from rich nobles during the day. He enjoyed his life immensely. However, one unfortunate inccident, and The Black Dragon met up with the Navy. In a heated fight, his captain was killed, and his ship sunk. Takato swam to shore with the rest of his crew, but none of them wanted anything to do with pirating anymore. Takato wanted to avenge the death of his captain, and got a Shipwright to build him a ship, which he named The Black Dragon II. Gathering a crew, he set out to fulfil his dreams.

Devil Fruit: Inu Inu no Mi, Model Wolf: Allows the user to turn into a wolf.

Weapon: Takato is a master of no martial art. Instead, his old captain came from the West blu, and taught him how to use a long sword, which he is skilled in.

Other: In battle, Takato only changes into a wolf when absolutely nessesary. Otherwise, he prefers to use his actual skill.

DS

Last edited:

Rena

i WILL save this patient!
    Years
    Name: Ichigo Kirameki [Her name means; Strawberry Sparkle]
    Dream: A quite simple dream actually, Ichigo's dream is to travel the seas, and meet new friends! Odd actually. But to add to that fact, Ichigo wants to be known everywhere, people would be like "Hey! There's Ichigo! Hi Ichigo!" and that would make her smile the most.
    Position: Gunner
    Personality: Ichigo is one of those people that can turn the world upside-down with a small hint of a smile, grin, smirk, or just her lips turned upward in a happy position. She's blindly optimistic and never takes a chance to make the scenario more clement, more sunny. Ichigo is dubbed as the "Bawling Baby," or in a manifested definition "A cry baby," how she alleged that name, was that in every doleful or inadequate moment, she does one simple thing, she crys her heart out. One may see this annoying, but Ichigo will particulary barricade the tears herself, not for any known reason. She's upbeat and perky, and tries to make the best of the situation, another recitation, if any someone of something is abiding to be rapacious to her, she'll also lament over the situation. In precise, Ichigo is hyper, acts like a toddler, is buoyant, and not aghast to bellow. Her own language, is definately her eccentric deameanor, where she says -chan at the end of everyones names, including boys, which mentions her character.

Due to her hyenic nature, you could easily conclude that Ichigo loves to laugh, a chuckle, or giggle and can fit into her personality too. Mostly, she loves to laugh at her own little jokes and quirks, which don't amuse anyone but her, then people look at her as odd and queer. Ichigo can be identified as "A 4 year old in a 15 year old's body," and many people recognize her as that.

To Ichigo, life is a game that must be always of fresh moves and continuous entertainment, free of routine. Changing horses in the middle of the stream is another small quirk for Ichigo, which makes decision making, and sticking to a decision, particularly hard for her. Ichigo is incredibly imaginative, thinking of new ideas almost all of her time, but concentrates on the good stuff in life. Only thinking of optimistic things, you could address her as a "Goody goody." But Ichigo likes to break ther rules, as she took from her sister a path of smoking and cussing, so she could be a bad influence to others her age.

When in battle, Ichigo can be addressed as the complete opposite, determined, strong, but some vague quirks of when she's in battle is thinking before she acts, she scarcely stops to logically analyze the data before her. In general, she just takes swings with her sword and pray that it hits, or even scratches the opponent. Dexterity doesn't matter with her, as she hardly has any time to pinpoint her location and "all that hard thingies," Ichigo would say. But when its a life and death battle, she takes out her gun and focuses for once, while her accuracy is pinpoint, but this is rare.

Description: Ichigo is rather short for her age, and seems the least bit imtimidating. She has contrasting scarlett hair that seems to be ringletted into ample curls, with a coral ribbon ever-so-slightly previaling on the apical of her head. Ichigo's viridian eyes seem to hold a lot of optimism inside them, as they are glowing every minute. In her mouth is always a ciggarette, while in her pocket are two boxes of them (No, I'm not copying Sanji, or my Shika-kun though). Ichigo has her army of freckles carefully residing under her eyes and as we go on there are two dimples on Ichigo's cheeks that seems to look asinine when she beams at you. Ichigo wears a tight top that has many paint splatters on it, dirty, it might say. This was from her past as she had no other clothes to wear. Also, it is lined with ash while being terribly dirty on the ash side. Khakis adorn Ichigo's curved figure, they are a tan color but they also have ash stricken on them. Ichigo absoulutely depises shoes and usually wears nothing, barefeet.

History: Once upon a time, a rambunctious, blondie was born, and her name was Ichigo Kirameki, a name that suited her greatly. Her mother later died of a pirate raid in the village, but her sister, her name was Shigeko. She was a mischevious teenager and rarely followed the rules, cursing, and worst of all, smoking. Ichigo's father...he was rarely home, for he was a trader and traveled the seas. While Shigeko was teaching Ichigo to become a pirate, a dream that Shigeko had no time to complete, while also teaching her aiming and how to use guns. It may have tooken two years, added with both Shigeko's and Ichigo's short attention span. Sooner and later, Ichigo set out to the seas, a sail boat and a gun in her pocket.

Pirates raided.

Pirates raided Ichigo's sailboat, but all they could find was money here and there, though they also "took," Ichigo's sailboat, leaving her on a deserted island. There was a special tree, one that held a pitch-black fruit. Ichigo's curiousity took over, and she ate it. In a while, she noticed she had odd powers, she could dissapear in smoke and well as control it, but not good at all. At Shigeko's; she was terribly worried - that wasn't like Shigeko. With her skills, she created a sailboat as well, and she sailed over, looking for Ichigo. She soon found Ichigo, it took a matter of weeks, but she found Ichigo all right. But that worrying stopped, and she soon sent Ichigo out to do something wise, find a crew and become the Gunner, Ichigo's specialty.
    Devil Fruit//Weapon: Moku Moku no Mi; allows Ichigo to turn into smoke at will and control it, but her lacking of wisdom and all that jazz, so she can't control it well. Tsuki; On her back resides Ichigo's sword, "Tsuki," or more common "Moon." Tsuki isn't proclaimed a normal sword, maybe it even isn't a sword. The way it isn't that Ichigo's "sword," looks particulary like a club, one that's gigantic, an onyx steel color, and up-ward spikes sticking out of it, it's said to be asinine, but the real mystery is, how can a delicate girl carry a 50-pound sword? A Gun; being the gunner, Ichigo also carries a small, handheld shotgun, its an onyx color, though Ichigo hardly uses it.

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Don't worry Mikuru, there's plenty. Shiney reserved, JBCBlank, post an RP sample with your character in the OOC thread, in the meantime, choose a different position.

Silvertail, I'm sorry, but I'm only going to entrust the captain position to one of the more experienced RPer's, and anyway, your sign-up is still declined. And this time, no complaint's please.

Niwa, accepted.

Deathspector, ^^;; there are now plenty of positions to choose from. Er...wait...Well, I hadn't expected this many people, so I've added one to the three that are open now: Captain, Shipwright, and Gunner.

Mikuru-chan mostly accepted, finish up and choose from the above.

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
    OOC: Due to recent events, this character is expected to change dramatically after my next talk with bijou, so don't take this to heart yet.

Name: Domovi Kular

Dream: Domovi hopes to prove, that when used carefully, poisons can make excellent cooking ingredients. And, hopefully, to make enough profit to start his own market for 'cooking poisons.'

Pirate Crew:

Position: Chef

Personality: Domovi is surprisingly calm in all situations, though, not very surprising to the few who knew what he used to do for a living. Domovi is calculating, but caring at the same time, and usually focuses on doing his job, and if he has nothing better to do, helping the others with theirs. For a bit more depth though, he's usually making strange jokes that very few people understand, and has a great deal of patience, or some form of mental handicap that keeps him from getting angry with people easily. He can become irritable from time to time though when people insist on bothering him when coking, or when invading 'his' kitchen or pantry. He does have one rather large vice though. He is a pervert at heart, and he will go to great lengths to pursue that hobby.

Appearance: Domovi is literally a guise to confuse people who don't look closely enough. His build seems rather normal, but to those who look closely, will see he once had an acrobats, or possibly a gymnasts body shape, but now carries a small layer of pudge over it, probably from his own cooking. This makes him look fairly normal, and inconspicuous without damaging his physical condition too much. About the only conspicuous feature to a sharp eye, would be that under the pudge, Domovi's right arm is a bit more muscled than his left, from the use of his Pata. Normally, he has short cut blonde hair that seems to defy style, laying in a flat mess on his head, though he changes styles, and sometimes even colors when he gets bored. His eyes, though, are a deep brown, and seem to always be relaxed, no matter what emotion he's actually feeling. Clothes wise, he's equally nondescript, wearing a loose, baggy, button shirt with several pockets, both inside and out. He also wears tough denim slacks, likewise baggy, and with a similarly ridiculous amount of pockets, with soft leather sandals.

History: Domovi's exact birthplace, or even the line he was born in, is a mystery to himself. His earliest memories are of traveling in the pack of an old man. As he grew, he was told, what little there was to the man's history. They traveled, thugs one day, Noblemen the next. The old man was an assassin, and a fine one too, but he had given up taking the big jobs with his age, usually only taking small errands now and then to keep his skills sharp, and to show the young boy the ropes of infiltration and murder. Growing up this way warped the child's mind, resulting in Domovi's permanent calm.

As he learned of the man's past, he also learned of his. As one of his last few major jobs, he had murdered domoivi's parents; two influential people who's voices were to be silenced. And rather than abandon the child to an orphanage, he stole the young boy, and began to teach him. This, of course, led to Domovi trying to kill the old man on several occasions, but he calmed soon due to the nature of his upbringing, and soon returned to being grateful to the man for caring for him.

As they traveled, he was trained in being inconspicuous, killing, and the use of varying tactics. He was soon taught the use of varying poisons, how to identify them b taste, and quickly find the right antidote. (This was probably the chief factor in his later role as a cook.) Indeed, shortly before setting out to his own devices, the old man gave him a gift. One of the rare devil fruits, that would prove invaluable to an infiltrator. But alas, all good things must come to an end. One morning, he awoke, little more than a preteen, alone in a huge city. He was, of course, concerned, but fell back onto his training. Soon making enough of his own money from killing and looting to wander on his own, until most places began to become a little too alert for him to continue that easily. Deciding to take a tour somewhere far away, or at least, out of the way until the authorities could cool their heels, he signed on for a position on a pirate crew as cook, deciding that it was probably the safest place he could be in the world at that time, aside from a nice stone cell. The safest place he could be in the world at that time, aside from a nice stone cell. During that time, he quickly discovered a passion for cooking, and quickly becoming bored with the orthodox, he started combining trace amounts of poisons, or poisons along with antidotes in the food. This quite literally spiced things up, and gave him his goal to introduce an entire new set of ingredients to the world. Of course, he'd need a good bit of money to set things up beforehand, so as not to be ridiculed, or even prosecuted for putting non-lethal poison in food.

Devil Fruit/Weapon:
    Mane Mane no Mi- This fruit allows the consumer to change into anyone that they've touched, also gaining their unique abilities, as well as the power to switch back by touching their face with their left hand.

Sally- The only weapon he was formally trained with, was the Pata, Sword-Gauntlet to those with lesser knowledge of the weapon, able to focus the full strength of his arm into the blows, unlike with a regular blade.
    Erica- An Urumi, usually kept in his bunk, though on the occasions when he does wear it, he hooks it onto the left sde of his belt.
    Though, being a killer, he was also taught the basics of small knives, and poisons, not that those are too much use in a battle.

Other: Quite obviously, he's kept most of his past a secret, up to this point in time.

Last edited:

Rena

i WILL save this patient!
    Years
    Bijou; I edited my sign-up now, I chose gunner, I'll make my history soon.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I'd rather someone else take it... o o;; I'm sorry, as I'd already asked someone to take that yesterday, and I didn't specify. >.<; My bad. I'm sorry!

EDIT: Let's talk about this in the OOC thread please. ^^

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    OOC: ...OOC thread? Please? ^^;; Anyway, I take back what I said in the OOC thread JBC, if you want to join, go ahead, but I kinda want to be a Shipwright. ^^;; But, yes, you can make your own crew, but you're on a three-strikes system, because I've seen how you RP. o o;. I apologize for the picture's, it's just, I find it much easier to be able to have a visual aid when dealing with Pirate appearances. ^^;;

Name: Jaque (Jak) Bouer (Bao-er)
    Dream: Jaque's Dream is to see the mystery island at the very end of the Grand Line, the one that only the King of Pirates have seen.
    Position: Shipwright
    Personality: Jak is a very upbeat person, who has an insane alcohol tolerance level- which comes hand in hand with his heavy drinking. He has a terrible habit of flirting with nearly every girl he sees, and has a tendency to be incredibly kind to girl's, and incredibly rude to male's. He's never had any respect for any kind of superior, be it Captain, Parents, or Teachers, Jak doesn't listen to anything, unless the command is a request, and as long as it has something to do with carpentry. Amazingly, he really doesn't care about becoming a great carpenter, or shipwright, and in fact, he doesn't really care about becoming great at anything. Jak is an odd fellow, often found silently reading when he's nothing better to do, which is a great difference as to his eccentric, and obstinant attitude at any other point in time. He is very sensitive when it comes to his workmanship, though he often does things for free, he does require that you compliment his work, or just shut your trap about it.

Appearance: Jak has dark golden blonde windswept hair, which match his amber eyes. He has lightly tanned skin, and he's never seen wearing anything different then his white sleeveless workman's shirt, stiff blue jeans that are much too long for him and drag on the floor, mostly covering his black motorcycle boots. He wears flexible fingerless gloves, which mostly protect his hands. A chain necklace, and a pair of thick goggles hang around his neck, and a tan carpenter's belt.

History: Having been kicked out of his home in Orange Village, which resided in East Blue at the young age of 13 due to his thieving nature, he sailed the seas, hitching rides on broken down ships of pirates and Marine's and fixing up the ships in exchange for food, shelter, and a ride. He was often penniless, and got tips from the Marine's, though, nothing from Pirate's. He found that it was Pirate ships that needed more fixing up though, so he reserved himself to the less luxurious ride's on unfriendly ships that gave him little to no rum. But no matter what ship he boarded, none of them were headed for the Grand Line! He was frustrated, and it seemed as though his dream would never come true. He decided to join a pirate crew as a permenant shipwright, but he found that very few pirate's were heading for the Grand Line. After being unable to find a crew willing to hire him, he tried a different town, further away from Orange Town (as his reputation seemed to have shadowed him).

Devil Fruit/Weapon: Mera Mera no Mi- Allows the user to transform into fire at will as well as control it.
    (Though he doesn't really know how to use it all that well)

Sledge Hammer: ...Just...a larger then usual sledgehammer. Nothing special.

Other: Jak has a tendency to mix strange (Sometimes deadly) substances together in his leftover rum bottles to see what happens, and usually leaves them around, making it hard to tell what's rum, and what's...not.

JBCBlank

Satanist to the core.
    Years
    You and me both!

Name: Ichigo *Strawberry* -.-" Morilied.

Dream: His father was a Cook, his father's Father was a Cook, and his father's father's Father was a Cook, Can't help him for being one, but he wants to show that even Cook's can make it to the Grand line and Make a name for themselves.

Position: Freelance (can I do this... I mean to be just whatever anyone needs at any time... so if I ship want's me to do something I'll do it!)

Personality: About the only thing that a person can expect from a guy who spent his whole life being called Strawberry. He's grouchy, Ill tempered, short with everyone, and lonely. Never having a girlfriend also adds to the way he acts, he's clumsy around them; well he's clumsy all the time. Since he hasn't spent time with girls he has grown a fascination with bugs that most deem unnatural, he'll always have one with him which will cause him to laugh for no reason at all. Being a Champion swimmer makes him think that he's the king of the sea, although he isn't able to save himself, let alone anyone else.

Appearance: Ichigo looks like his name, dorky and sad. His large glasses make his deep grey eyes almost unnoticeable against his lightly tanned skin. His long hair covers most of his forehead and gives him a childish appearance, red hair (a family trait) is another thing that attributed to the nickname. He tries not to make it noticed by dressing formally, a grey suite with a silver shirt and baby blue tie are his favorites. He keeps his Black leather dress shoes spotless and super shiny; you could swear that you could see your face in them.

History: Born 18 years ago on a ship that was headed to an Island in the East Blue. Unfortunately it was only a bit after they had left land behind so, technically he was born in the West blue, at the age of 6 he realized that the name Strawberry was more then just a cute thing that ones parents tell one. He went to school at the age of 7 and was tormented non stop; he ended up dropping out two years later and just taking up cooking like his dad. He became quite good, even took the place of his dad when he couldn't hold a spatula anymore. Ichigo's parents were heartbroken when he told them he wanted to sail, they kept telling him that he should be trying to say home and taking over the family business, he just kept telling them that he had to do it, they needed the money and having one less mouth to feed was the fastest way. They agreed after a long while and he was off with everything he needed and some stuff he didn't, you know mothers.

Devil Fruit/Weapon: I only use Xiolin, the Korean form of Kung-fu, so my Weapon's are my legs and feet.
    Other:

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    OOC: We've already got an Ichigo, so if you could find a different name or something...^^;; Anyway, add more to the appearance and personality and you're accepted.

Village/Town: Unknown (As to Jak)

Time: Around 10:00 AM.

Weather: Sunny, light breeze.

IC: To say I was lost, was an understatement. I couldn't remember what town I was in, I didn't know where I was in general, and I was too proud to ask for directions. That, and the nice big black Jolly Roger tattoo's up and down my right shoulder and arm weren't exactly screaming, "I'm not a pirate". Of course, none of them were my ship's pirate symbol's. They were all the symbol's of past Pirate Kings, Gold Roger's, Whitebeard Pirates, Strawhat Pirates and so on. All up and down my arm, these tattoo's practically obscured any kind of pale skin from showing through. And people stared. Indeed they did, but it hardly bothered me. Pulling my hair through my finger's I was disappointed to see no girls (at least, no pretty ones,) and no Pubs.

"I-I can't pay you that much!" Someone was blubbering. I glanced over the crowd and saw the exact sight I expected to see. Someone who was all bruised and cut, along with Kaede, local Black Dragon Doctor, standing with feet planted side-by-side, fists on her hips, long braids pulled up into a ponytail, and a high air that was surveying the invalid.

"1,000 Beli, and I'll fix you up. If you don't get to a doctor soon, you'll get infected~" She said in a sweet, honeyed, sing-song voice.

"That's a rip-off!!" Someone was yelling. But it was quickly quelled, when Kaede glared at the man, who determinedly glared back. "Very well." And Kaede turned toward me, a satisfied look on her face when she said, "Find a different doctor then." Stalking towards me the man seemed to be having second thoughts- I wasn't even sure if there was another doctor in town. There probably was, but, Kaede was from Drum Island. She motioned for me to follow her, and I was no longer lost. When we left the scene, Kaede was fuming, and ranting to nobody- though I guessed I was her last resort.

"I can't believe him. 1,000 is cheap for medicine all the way from the Grand Line." She was blathering, "And he didn't even stop me. I hope he dies. He's never going to feel the touch of soap ever again, I'll be sure of that."

"Where's the ship?" I asked boredly.

"How should I know?!" She snapped irritably, "Find someone else. I'm going to go shopping." Huffing with an indignant stomp, the next instant, she disappeared into the throng, and I wasn't really wanting to get lost all over again. I blinked and stood where I was, on the edge of traffic, just there. Someone would find me eventually. And if not, Kaede would remember where I was. Actually, that probably wasn't likely but, whatever.

Niwa

.Blank
    Years
    Ooc:Im just going to go out on a limb here and make the town decisve to me,seeing as Jak doesnt know what town it is,im guessing it is up to the following poster to determine it im guessing.

Status: Jak- The Black Pirates, Kaede- The Black Pirates, Chiba- Civilian

Village/Town: Cocoyashi Village

Time: Around 11:34 am

Weather: Sunny, light breeze.

IC:
    Ah..my face, it feels extremley hot..... Opening my eyes,I find that I am on the shore of what appeared to be a beach. Thing is,I dont remember how I came upon this place..Wait, thats it,last night,While I was on a boat a friend of mine back at Lougetown let me borrow,there appeared to be a storm brewing,but of course, being the simple minded person that I am, I put it in the back of my mind thinking nothing were to happen, lucky me I seemed to have dozed off and well,im guessing those planks of broken wood and that bow near me are all parts of my boat. To think, I was going to travel in that little boat and try to achieve something of myself, how foolish, when I think back to it now it seems like it was just yesterday that I decided to leave Lougetown and explore the world for what it really is. But on a boat the size of this, what was i really thinking.

This seems like a good place to ask From the beach i headed toward the mainland and decided to check out the market place to at least determine my location.Looking around for any people that might appear friendly, I glanced over at a man with odd tattoo's running down his arm, there was no way i was going to ask someone like that, he seemed like the type to start trouble at the slightest things, I brushed it off and turned around before noticing one particular tattoo Straw-Hat!.Walking away, I felt as though the young adult was indeed a pirate, and not just small fry.

Continung to look around i saw a man that was completley battered, the bruises and woundes seemed to run all around his body. "Sir, do you need any assistance?" I started towards the man and suprisingly he pulled away rather annoyed
    "I dont need any damn help from selfish punks anymore,im going to the local doctor, child now move from my path!" He replied remarkinably rudley.Of course,I did as the man said not wanting to make such a big fuss, even though my only objective was just to help.

"Really?Thank you so much little one!" After asking around and finding someone that wasnt rude or obnoxious,There was a little girl who happily told me the information I wanted, I was currently in Cocoyashi Village.But man, what do i do now, where do i go, how do i begin.All these questions I have for myself, ugh its a bit annoying."What I am certain that I need is a boat, heading back to Lougetown might be whats best, at least until i can come up with a new idea or concept on how or where to start with my dream" I must of looked weird to some people, because I was talking aloud to myself, looking down, and walking.Hmm there goes that same guy from earlier, postive thats him, i can clearley see the Straw-Hat symbol on him, from my point of view he appears to be lost, as he is just standing there staring into blank space, AH!I know, i can offer some assistance, I really dont know much about this town but from the looks of it he didnt either, and as they say, two heads are better then one.Time to make my way past this crowd and over to him.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back