• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphic Rating Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    i made a banner.

Graphic Rating Thread

i had to render it myself. i also used the dashed border thing from hazuki

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
    Years
    i dont really like 2 colored borders but the blending and
    aipoms pose are nice. You couldve gone a little smaller with the text.
    Using Xenocrates tut I rendered and made this:
    Graphic Rating Thread

Last edited:

Shika

F o r e s t Wizard
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009
    I know that was the first try but the tutorial Mizzy-chan gave was hard too.
    So try this one.
    Clicky!

If you weren't confused by that, your rendering job will get better and easier~

Shika

F o r e s t Wizard
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009
    For the second one, the background blending is nice but the drop shadow and stroke (guess) for the foreground picture is unnecessary IMO~

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    i dont really like 2 colored borders but the blending and
    aipoms pose are nice. You couldve gone a little smaller with the text.
    Using Xenocrates tut I rendered and made this:
    Graphic Rating Thread

No one did you again ><

Okie. I can like... see the blocks of color in his hat ._.
    I'm sure that has a name, but yeah, that throws you off. The blending is something to work on, his hair cuts off on the left side, unless that's just how the picture goes. You really do like your gradients, it flows nicely :D

What I DON'T like about it is how that flower/plant brush looks like it was just put there to take up space. It doesn't really go with the rest of the picture. I like the stars at the bottom better, you could have done some more stars or gotten a shiny new star brush and done it that way.

Well I'll stop then ><
    7/10 It's nice but needs work~

---------------------------------------------------------------

UHBUT I have 2 banners that need rating this time. First off, the new on in my signature...
    Graphic Rating Thread

I like this one more than the other one, it took forever to do though x.x

And then there's this one...
    Graphic Rating Thread

My first attempt at leaving some parts transparent. I've seen it done like this a lot so I tried it and yay~

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I guess the tutorial was too vague. Dx;; Sorry Mizt.

Anyway, yeah, the render job would be the most degenerating feature in that banner IMO. The pixellation (squares of color that Chikara was referring to,) is also pretty bad. Try using er... higher quality images. xD;; The stars are well-placed, but I'd advise against adding more of the same stars, because that's, again, treading on overuse. You should get a few different brushes, because your banners are starting to get a bit monotonous.

Chikara, I prefer the one on top to the one on the bottom, so I'll rate that one. xD

Well... You should definitely try for a few more colors in your banners. xD It's very cute though, and I like the vector-y style. Although, maybe you should try out a few banners that aren't vector-styled? |D;; Focus is nice, and since it's vector, I guess blending isn't an issue. However, what is an issue is that the render is all shiny and the background is flat. It kind of collides, if you know what I'm saying?

---

So if anyone would be so kind as to comment on my new banner;

Graphic Rating Thread

And, as much as I love to know that 'it looks great', 'looks okay', 'looks terrible', or something vague like that, I'd love to know exactly what part of it 'looks great/terrible/okay'.

xD;;

I'm also wanting your opinion; Should I make a matching avatar with the same render as the banner in it, or keep my current avatar?

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Aaaah, I missed this thread xD

Anyway, since I'm lazy and I only have about an hour of internet time and it usually takes me ages to rate one banner, I'll rate Xenoc's latest one. I might rate some more once I get back... In two weeks, or something like that >.> Some of the banners I've seen just scanning through the last few pages of the thread were really nice, though.

Soo... Onto the rating. To start off, I must say that the text is brilliant, as it is with most of your banners. The text font, colour, size and placement are very well done, although I think the "Yours" bit could have been nudged a bit to the right, since it looks a tiny bit too cluttered, but other than that, it's wonderful ^^ The heart is an awesome addition as well.

The blending of the render to the background is amazingly done, although I think that the right side is done better than the left >x< The scanlines are nice, but they stand out quite a bit over the lighter bits rather than the dark bits, so maybe reduce the opacity, or use a soft brush to erase over it at a low opacity, or something O_o

Although the good thing about the scan lines is that they take focus away from the guy's clothing, so you focus on his face. Well, it works like that for me, anyway. Oh, and have I mentioned how much I love the background <3 It looks incredible, and the colours are nice as well.

And that's pretty much it, I guess... Oh, and the lack of lighting kind of sucks, but it seems to be kind of hard to add lighting to that banner as it is right now, so I'll let that slip by for now... xD

Oh, and I think your current avatar works with the banner. Not only does it match, but it also prevents people from going "But you just cropped that avatar out of your banner! You're laaaaaaazy!!"

-is bored-

>.>

Hazuki

delenda est.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    I'll rate Mizzys. =)

Well..... all I can say that it is really good! I like the texture and the text that blends in with the mood of this banner. And I was hoping how did you do that abstract stuff in the background. ^^;;

Really, all of your works are great. Plain and simple. ^^

Hazuki

delenda est.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    What? No I was talking to Mizzy (aka Xenocrates) 00;;;;

But for you Espeon banner you mean? Well... just look at your PM. xD

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Shira-chan; I'm glad you like the text, and since I still have the .psd, I'll try out moving it aside to see how it looks. xD This is actually the first time I've ever actually set aside a spot on the banner for text in the very beginning, so I'm rather pleased with how it turned out.

Yesss, the blending. xD; Well, I'd have to say that I probably should've used a smaller brush on his hair concerning the left, because there was actually... quite a few strands that I ended up scattering. <_<;; And I didn't want to blend his face in fear of losing the focus. xD

At a second glance now, I realize that the scanlines are a little too heavy. xD;; I'll probably fix that too and see how it looks. *It was my intention to use the scanlines to flesh out the focus, but I think due to the texture I added, the scanlines were darkened, and I didn't notice...*

Ahhh, the background. |D I do love rusty textures. *It looks a little earthen to me now, but before the texture, it was all... space-like. But I like this earthy look better.*

Graphic Rating Thread

(spacey... well it was. xD This is without the texture, with the text moved aside. Darn you, apply image! Dx)
    (I was obviously too lazy to add a border... xD; Or add the burn that's on the first one.)

Guh, I'm still working on making lighting work in my banners. I have a lot of trouble with it. D: *facedesk* It never looks natural. I should probably add it a little earlier on I guess... *fish'd*

I'm glad the avvy is alright though, I was fretting over it a bit. xD;

Mizt; No c4d's in this one, just brushing, color layers, and smudging. I was going to use a c4d, but I couldn't find an appropriately fitting one. So I tossed the idea. xD I got this image off some D.Gray-Man site, but I usually get my other images from planetrenders and photobucket. Thanks for the compliment too. xD

Like I said, this looks just the same as all your other banners, except, it's a different color scheme and the render is different, and considerably cleaner. So, I don't find any particular need to rate it, since you might as well check out my other comments about your other banners that look like this, and voila. xD And, again, like I said, you should really try a different style.

Hazuki; Why, thankies! |D The abstract stuff is a combination between a grunge-sphere brush I got of dA, and smudging.

Thank you thank you~ <3

Hazuki

delenda est.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    Oh hey, can you guys rate my current avatar? (Not the banner please, because I know it sucks >>)

Thanks. ^^

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    @mizt looks very good is what i have to say. it looks a little empty though needs text.

@hazuki looks very cute. ive never seen that kind of style before very creative. although i like the text to be readabl but thats just me

can anyone rate my sig?

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I made this banner for theEND, so if anyone wants to give a quick comment on it or something, that'd be awesome. ^^

Graphic Rating Thread

Hazuki; It's a nice icon, but the text doesn't really match to me, and it probably would've been better if you'd added less of the pink on top and more of the image on the bottom.

Shika

F o r e s t Wizard
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009
    I don't know how to comment at this one. It's so fabulous this time... Sorry for not rating D:

But I got a new set.

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back