• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Graphics Discussion

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
Years
  • Guys I found a new Silver Sprite on the official Japanese Nintendo Site.

New, they edited it to make it look like his artwork. (Also Gold has a new backsprite)

Graphics Discussion

Old, he looks kinda of childish.

Graphics Discussion

Wow ... the first picture there is what I thought they changed it to, and I was so happy. Turns out they changed it to the 2nd picture actually, making the rival look like an a**hole. I loathe him.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Wow ... the first picture there is what I thought they changed it to, and I was so happy. Turns out they changed it to the 2nd picture actually, making the rival look like an a**hole. I loathe him.
    Yeah right. You have to be some kinda crazy to believe that they would have a more proper sprite as beta and the lesser quality sprite as a finished version.

Fantomix

^^^^^^^^^
    Years
  • Waitwaitwait, I'm confused, which one is the new one?
    And in that second one, why are the Pokeball symbols upside down? xD

~PokeJosh~

Pimpatune
    Years
  • I just want to see more 3D cut scenes. Those would probably get fans more excited if we could have some 3D scenes that showed parts of Johto, like at the ende of DPPt when the dragon started creating the new world, and it showed parts of Sinnoh.

That was awesome.

PokeJosh

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • ...I figure you mean the bottom one, then? If so... hmm... not sure if want.

Yes the bottom picture shown with Silver is the legit sprite of him in battle. It was the first to be shown in scans and was also brought to attention by the fans first. I highly doubt they would show such a difference in him now after the first scans with Silver in battle came out a few weeks ago. As good as his sprite and graphic design looks with the new jacket and hair in the first image, I actually prefer the bottom one, which is the real one.

I just want to see more 3D cut scenes. Those would probably get fans more excited if we could have some 3D scenes that showed parts of Johto, like at the ende of DPPt when the dragon started creating the new world, and it showed parts of Sinnoh.

That was awesome.

PokeJosh

Well, there are many 3D cutsenes that were brought into the game. As of now we have seen those with Lugia behind the waterfall and Ho-oh flying around the Tin Towers. However, seeing as there is more to Johto and the game than this we can possibly expect a bit more with the graphics. Also, not to mention the graphcis has made a great display as well for the first person images, such as when entering the Sprout Tower.

Years
  • its all great. i kinda dont like how the grass is and Pikachu's sprite is HORRIBLE. but other than that, love it all.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    It does seem that the grass is much different, though I'd like it a little less "puffed up" than this...
    Graphics Discussion
    Platinum sample for grass

Graphics Discussion
    Graphics Discussion
    HG/SS samples for grass

But whoever mentioned anything about the trees not being better this time, I'd like that person to explain to me why do they think so, because if you compare these two pictures, HG/SS obviously seems to have the better trees...

Graphics Discussion
    Platinum sample for trees

Graphics Discussion
    Graphics Discussion
    HG/SS samples for trees

Years
  • I think Phanpy got much cuter. Its sprite is adorable. Sentret looks cute as well.

Graphics Discussion

Look how awesome these graphics are. Kurt's house looks so pretty. I like the additions of the logs. The white apricorn tree is back. :D

Edit: I agree with the person who posted before me. HgSS's trees are much better than Dppt's. The grass looks much better as well.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • I really don't care about graphics but I think these are great. It's same for me what does grass and trees look like if they just look like grass and trees.

ELSE THAT I HAVE TO SAY... :
    I hate people who thinks that graphics makes the game, for me the important one is gameplay and whole idea. I just was in finnish Nintendo site and there I noticed that there was thread that talks about "What if there is going to be SSB DS?" and there people talked about that it could be 2D and someone said that he never could play that game if it's in 2D, I just have to say 2D graphics are just as good as 3D. How about saying I can't play with my NES because it has so bad graphics. And many people has NES games on their Wii (or NES) and they play those even if someone says something else and they just enjoy the game. My favorite game is Pokémon Gold and it has bad graphics, so what? This doesn't fit so good in here but I just have to say this...

Brushfire

afc bournemouth <3
    Years
  • I'm personally loving the new water (Platinum's just looked old and basic, but HGSS has some nice depth and deeper colours).
    Graphics Discussion

Graphics Discussion

The new grass is a bit too puffed up, but I like that it actually looks tall and you can imagine Pokémon hiding in there. I prefer the colour of the new grass too, even if it does seem a bit... dull.
    Graphics Discussion

Graphics Discussion

Where trees are concerned, HGSS wins completely. >Feelings< summed it up perfectly, but I would like to add this:
    Graphics Discussion

Graphics Discussion

Just perfect, I'm loving the graphics at the moment. (Apart from New Bark Town, it looks like D/P/Pt and I don't like it. D: )

Last edited:
    Years
  • I quite like the new grass actually. It reminds me of the Hoenn rainforest grass. Those autumn trees look awesome! Which vid is that from?

Back