• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Grass in towns. What's your stance?

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2024
    I'm going to have to say no, because a no one wants to be bothered with having to fight wild pokemon in a town. Maybe it would be okay if the was made to be abandoned/broken down, but other than that I find it to be a bad idea.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    I don't really mind grass in towns just as long as it isn't abused to death, or mandatory that you walk through it. I have a bunch of tall grass in my backyard, and it's pretty much a haven for birds, so I don't see why Pokemon hacks HAVE to be different.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2012
    Depends, if it was an empty unkept yard, then no, though there should be shadows in cities (like on bridges) that Pidove might randomly attack you for your BreadCrumbs. And an OW that is a Trashbag in allys, sometmes it's nothing but trash, somtimes an item is in them, sometimes a Trubbish attacks you.

Evan44

In Severe Ilness
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2012
    Funny,no one has mentioned Fortree yet.
    I actually think grass in towns is a good idea,Depending on wear it is.I would reccomend it in small towns, or fairly spread out towns (like fallarbor) but not in larger cities like celadon or goldenrod.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2013
    i think its fine just make a flower patch or garnden it makes it look neatly kept and all that

moudinho

Moudinho Of All Trades
    Years
  • NO!!!Unless you want to make an area in which can only be accesed lets say when you can move boulders.That way,it would be a whole new area unrelated to the town.

bcrobert

Lazy Antagonist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2022
    I love grass in towns. Logically, I just don't think that wild pokemon would always avoid towns. It has to be somewhere easily avoidable though. Like in the corners of towns where it only punishes inattentive mach bike riders.

On a side note, grass doesn't have to have pokemon in it. I have one town in my hack that has grass but no wild pokemon because something scared them all away.

Funny,no one has mentioned Fortree yet.
    I actually think grass in towns is a good idea,Depending on wear it is.I would reccomend it in small towns, or fairly spread out towns (like fallarbor) but not in larger cities like celadon or goldenrod.

EDIT. And I also endorse the above quote. Variety is the spice of life, after all.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • I'm fine just as long as it's done right. By that, I mean don't force the player to go through it and don't use too much. Also, be sure to put in some Pokemon data and whatever you do, don't put any in the first town! I also think it might be good if you could somehow get it to fit in the "theme of the town, such as putting it in forested areas and keeping it out of the capital city.

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2012
    If you keep it to a low level it shouldn't be a big deal. Just not all over the place.

Or alternatively you could have a forest full of poison pokemon who constantly try to poison you, then surround the nearest Pokemon center with a ton of grass.

Trolll.

Nemilos

Water Type Fanatic
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2011
    Well, if it's not blocking anything and has something with good typing/typing that has not yet been revealed in the game/rare Pokemon I'm completely fine with it

jabberjabber8

../\..
    Years
  • I don't hate grass in towns but I believe it should only be there for aesthetic reasons and should be inaccessible. The exception to this rule would have to be if it is needed for a event.

cal3bcool

caleb
    Years
  • Well I think if I would to hack a game I would have shinny pokemon lose every were even your starter pokemon would be a shinny pokemon! And you would have to beat a evil team to stop it!

I don't mind you useing this idea by the way

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    From my limited experience on mapping and hacking in general, it is only natural not to include tall grass patches in a town, so no, lets leave it for the routes and forests.

Back