• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Grass in towns. What's your stance?

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2012
    I don't see it as being a problem.

And remember - In Icirrus City in B/W there's the swamp where you can find Pokemon.

demondismon

Booted out - don't be like me!
    Years
  • i think grass should be allowed in town as long as you don't have to walk through it, i get yelled at a lot for either having to many blank spots or something... but at least bare with me grass in towns make it seem more life like because like bolens said not all city/towns while be perfectly mowed or even tended :P

RHIOneAlbum

Banned
    Years
  • Brown used grass in a city, I thought that was entertaining and cool. You could go get a pikachu in that small patch :D
    Course, it's not right if it blocks the mart/center. I think it's fine to block gyms, a lil extra challenge.

jvpski3

Banned
    Years
  • Nice. What about grass right by your house, by your door, and you walk right into it w/no Pokemon. You would probably, most likely to be CENSORED. Wild Michael Jackson, or Lady Gaga? Jynxed.

Articuno23

Sub-Zero
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2012
    I don't mind a bit of grass as long as it doesn't look out of place and you're not forced to walk on it. What's the big deal?

Cyndaquil312

It's been 7 years... but i've returned once more.
    Years
  • Personally, I've yet to see a scenario that grass within "city limits" works. However, if one could do a script to make Pokemon appear in urban areas, such as in alleys, it would be interesting. FR/LG has "urban" Pokemon in the pokedex, such as Meowth, which coincides with alleys and such (you'd see cats, mice, and the occasional bird or dog in alleyways of almost any major city in real life). tall grass just doesn't fit in towns, but that doesn't mean there can't be alternative methods to wild Pokemon in such areas.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2012
    Urban Pokémon's should be able to be catched in towns and cities. Maybe not in grass but maybe a Meowth sprite and when you talk to it it will attack you or something, that would be cool :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2011
    Grass in towns to me would just be really frustrating and annoying...

I am one of those players who carries max repel everywhere i go

Shinypoliwrath

RMXP Noob
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    I don't mind seeing grass in towns, It can add to the scenery and general feeling of the town/city.
    However, what would get on my nerves would be having to walk through it to get to houses, marts, pokémon centers, etc.

darkbane28

Champion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2013
    i personally think grasses in towns are okay,but not to much please :)
    and i juz started on Rom hacking so dun mind me :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2019
    Personally, I've yet to see a scenario that grass within "city limits" works. However, if one could do a script to make Pokemon appear in urban areas, such as in alleys, it would be interesting. FR/LG has "urban" Pokemon in the pokedex, such as Meowth, which coincides with alleys and such (you'd see cats, mice, and the occasional bird or dog in alleyways of almost any major city in real life). tall grass just doesn't fit in towns, but that doesn't mean there can't be alternative methods to wild Pokemon in such areas.
    One could create "dark alley" tiles and give them the behavior byte used by tall grass. Then, set the desired urban Pokemon in the Grass Wild Pokemon list.

Of course, there could be problems with the grass animation showing on those tiles... Maybe using the water Pokemon behavior byte would work better.

ShockHERO

#TeamSonia Member
    Years
  • Ok I guess

I guess it's ok as long as the pokemon are in levels that you can beat not high levels and not fully evolved Pokemon Either

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
    Years
  • I think grass in towns is fine if it's not forceing you.In my old hack I added a house and right in back of it grass so people can get pokemon in there,kinda like Mr.Pokemon(or whatever's) mansion in sinnoh, only that it's in a city :)

siwaslikescats

ROM Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2011
    I completely agree with what you said. As long as you aren't forced to walk through it. I like the convenience and fun of putting different pokemon in different towns. It's fun. ^-^

Last edited:

ManInTheMask

Pro Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2016
    Well............ I'd accually say yes, as long as there's no grass, but there are wild pokemon pannels in a city alley.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
    Years
  • I get real frustrated when people say something like ITS ANNOYING BLAH BLAH BLAH. Of course this grass would be in small patches and NOT BLOCKING ANYTHING.
    Also, somebody in a really old post said it didn´t make sense, and I have to say I totally disagree. It´s like saying there´s an invisible barrier preventing wild pokemon from entering. There are animals in all cities, even big ones, (pigeons, etc.) and even though grass is a bit awkard in some scenarios, like some genius above said, one could create different tiles.

Last edited:

barkalar

It's fine with me as long as there aren't any pokemon in it. But I do find it strange for the to be around the houses.

Back