• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Great Marsh or Safari Zone

Which was better?

• HGSS' Safari Zone!

Votes: 37 78.7%
  • DPPt's Great Marsh!

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Can't split them.

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • They both sucked!

Votes: 6 12.8%

• Total voters
    Years
    I say safari zone by far the marsh had no vareity and was just too much of a hassle to get like the three pokemon i wanted from there. I liked the custimization of the safari zone too and plus id rather wait 70 days to get my favorite pokemon then go through marsh hell to get some third rate pokemon

Years
    I voted that they both sucked. The Safari Zone was a (albeit customizable) waste of space, and no one actually told you how to place objects; they only gave vague mentions of it (I had to look online to find out). The Great Marsh was a confusing proto-maze of counterintuitive train lines and annoying mud pits. Another thing, true of both locations, that I did not like was the fact that most of the Pokemon could already be found elsewhere in the game (often earlier).

One more minor gripe about the Safari Zone: why do you have to pay to use it even when you own it?

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    They both sucked, but I liked the safari zone better. But nothing really compares to FRLG/RSE's safari zones.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
    I'm not really fond of either of them. The Safari Zone definitely held a larger number of Pokemon which were from varying environments, but you could actually explore the Great Marsh and get stuck in mud like a moron. I never really messed with the Safari Zone during the end-game so I can't say how I feel about increasing the types of Pokemon and stuff, but from what I've researched it seems to be an awful lot of trouble (waiting 100+ days in some cases) just to gain the ability to catch a Bronzong instead of a Bronzor. I greatly preferred it when the region's Safari Zone contained both a variety of Pokemon and allowed you to explore a vast and open space like in the first and third generations.

Now the Bug Catching Contest on the other hand, that was a fun park-based activity ;D

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
    Years
    The only thing I liked about the Safari Zone is the infinite time, and that's about it. Neither of them really interested me. Nuff said.

Hydro Pumper

Water Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I like them both. The Johto Safari Zone doesn't have the step limit, rarer Pokemon to catch and generally more variety. The Great Marsh seems more authentic and natural, blending in with the surrounding environment of Pastoria City and Route 12. Though those mud-pits were annoying. XD

Back