• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Green, Gold, and Booze☆ - St. Patrick's Challenge Event!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • Certainly you didn't think I'd forget we need an event, right?​

Good day, lads! And Fish to the Challenge forum's first event!

Let's cut to the rules...

→Green Pokemon are the only ones allowed!
    Yes. You have to build teams around Green colored Pokemon only. It's like a mono-color challenge...but without the freedom of choice! Here is a list of green Pokemon. Please stick to this list, even if a Pokemon has green on it, like Gardevoir or Virizion, we're going with what the Pokedex says. Sucks I know, but Spheal with it!

→Only certain Blankets are allowed!
    Being a Popcorn challenge and all, only certain Blankets will be permitted for this challenge. You may only play this challenge on a copy of Green, Gold, Emerald, LeafGreen, HeartGold, or White. I only recommend Green or LeafGreen if you're feeling daring!

→The "Luck of the Irish" clause!
    If, on the off chance, you find a shiny Pokemon that is colored green (Zubat, for example, is normally blue, but the shiny is green) then you are allowed to use it! If you're unsure as to which shinies would count as green, please don't hesitate to contact me, preferably by VM. Also, remember that I'm not the Pokedex. I'm much more lenient with what I'm going to consider as "green" so don't be afraid to ask! :)

→Emulators and trading are allowed!
    Emulate the Blanket if you need to! And trade all you want!

→Duplicates are allowed!
    If you're playing a Blanket with a limited number of green Pokemon, feel free to catch more of the same Pokemon. Strongly recommended for anyone trying this on Green or LeafGreen Version.

→You must have at least three team members!
    We can't have everyone doing a solo challenge with their green starter. Team work, bb!

→Did I mention the deadline?
    Yes, there is a deadline, since obviously the event has to end at some point. Normally the event would end on St. Patrick's Day, however with the release of Pokemon Stunfisk and White this month, I figure people will be very busy. So instead, the event will end on April 1st (12 AM central time). If you do happen to finish before or on March 17th, then kudos to you!

→When does the challenge end?
    No matter what version you are using, the challenge will end after you defeat the Pokemon League.

→Regarding hacking and legendaries...
    Hacking for a green Pokemon (like Scyther in Green or Politoed in Gold for people that can't trade) is fine, but hacking for a shiny Pokemon that is green is not. Ruins the "luck of the Irish" Popcorn. Legendaries...never said anything against them. -whistle whistle-

→Have fun!
    This event is meant for fun, of course. That's what challenges are!

If anyone has any questions, please contact me via VM or PM!

Challengers and Champions:

Greenbacks☆
    Spoiler:

Gold Diggers☆
    Spoiler:

Emerald Eyes☆
    Spoiler:

Four Leaf Clovers☆
    Spoiler:

Hearts of Gold☆
    Spoiler:

White Wings☆
    Spoiler:

Leprechauns
    Spoiler:

~Yes, there will be an taco for this event!~​

But you must complete the challenge or you don't get it!
    as soon as i make it... ;)

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Alright adding. lmao Gearuvagen we're using the same team, cept I have Electrike. :(

You could trade one to LeafGreen? D: lol ;-; Or use more Victreebel idk. That will be the hardest challenge I reckon.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Syd is my hero.

Sign me up for Gold. Team is looking like: Meganium, Xatu, Scyther, and Politoed (only if I can get a Poliwhirl and King's Rock and then just hack in a Politoed instead. If not, then its just the first three)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Sorry, but you have to use at least three Pokemon. :( Throw a Skiploom in there? Or an extra Xatu or something.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    Sign me up for white--team will be Serperior, Garbodor, Reuniclus, Basculin, Golurk, and Fraxure.

Gotta love Gen V and it's many green 'mons! =)

TheFuturePokemon

Natural.....
    Years
  • Ok I'll do this with emerald.

Team: Gardevoir, Sceptile, Flygon, Breloom
    Edit: Apparently Gardevoir isn't green. D:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    Update #1:

-Picked Female Trainer, named self Lucky.
    -Picked Snivy, Nicknamed Caleb
    -Defeated Bianca/Belle and Cheren
    -Got through Route 1
    -Cried due to Trubbish's location being so far away...(JK)
    -Defeated N's Purrloin
    -Saved to post this teeny update >.>

((Note that this challenge is being played on my Japanese White cart, so no Screen Shots for you. =P Sorry.))

-Cygnus-

It's an odyssey
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2015
    Hmm. I will be more than happy to do this challenge in Green version once I learn how to trade a Scyther in... Is hacking okay to get a Pokemon? I promise I'll be good and hack only to get Scyther and nothing else :P

EDIT: I now have my trio! Scyther, Venusaur, and Victreebel/Weepinbel!

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Yes, you can hack for something as long as it's green. :) And sorry about that TheFuturePokemon. Just trying to go with how the Pokedex lists it. I'll add you to the list now though.

-Cygnus-

It's an odyssey
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2015
    Alrighty then, the game is all set! I've changed it so that the Farfetch'd/Spearow trade in Vermillion is now a Scyther/Spearow trade :) Thanks Swampert!
    So that makes my team of three... Venusaur, Victreebel, and Scyther. Expect the first update tommorow, with some pretty pictures and good ol' Engrish transration ^_^

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • Would there be any way for me to turn this event into an Ultimate Challenge? :D I'd gladly take the Ultimate version of this.

It'd only be semi-ultimate, because of the lack of a fourth gen. availability for this, but I'd still do it.

My teams would end up being:
    Leaf Green - Venusaur, Victreebel, Scyther
    Gold - Meganium, Xatu, Tyranitar
    Emerald - Sceptile, Ludicolo, Flygon, Cradily
    White - Serperior, Yanakkie, Reuniclus, Doredia

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Well, that's gutsy! Even with BW's release this month? Go for it then. :) I'll make another spoiler for ultimates, if anyone else wants to give it a shot.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • I'll get right to work on my challenges then. I'll be finishing a part of a different ultimate tomorrow, so that'll be a great time to start on LG. :D

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2021
    Heck, I'll try my best to take this challenge :3 I'll do my best in White~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back