• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] GT 2021 Pokémon Challenge: Baton Pass

Years
  • Pokemon_-_Ruby_Version_U_V1.1_01.png

Chr. Draco beat Winona on Miau's save, earning Aecor another few points.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2024
    ☘️ Name: dylanm01
    ☘️ Team: Solum
    ☘️ Trainer Class (optional, just aesthetic): Veteran
    ☘️ Games that you can play for this challenge: Anything from Gen I - V
    ☘️ Game of choice (you can write this bit later if you need some time to work it out with your team): Platinum
    ☘️ Player name (in said game): Solar

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    Tigearthzap's third segment.

☘️ Name: Tigearthzap
    ☘️ Team:Aceor
    ☘️ Trainer Class: Gym Leader
    ☘️ Games that you can play for this challenge: Ruby, FRLG, HGSS, DPP.
    ☘️ Game of choice: Ruby
    ☘️ Player name: Troy

The Image

Rules:
    #1: All of the Pokémon in your team must know an HM move, in the games where they're available.
    #2: You may only catch three Pokémon per segment, so choose wisely! Gifted Pokémon such as your starter do not count towards this rule, however.
    #3: You must play with Set Mode.

I obtained the save from, Chr Draco and started my journey to Winona's gym (again, lol)
    Of course, I did the New Mauville side plot to obtain Thunderbolt, and a Magnemite (which I never used)
    I also unboxed a Kirlia (If you have not noticed, I have a weird obsession with having a member of the Ralts line in my team)
    and taught it Shockwave. There was also a Electrike in my team so I taught it Thunderbolt.

Instead of traditional grinding, I just popped my Kirlia and Electrike in the Daycare and cycled a lot. So I had a glorious level 27 Gardevoir and level 29 Manetric

And guess what......I beat Winona on the first try! WQith just Gardevoir and Manetric!

It was pretty cool!

and then I switched saves with Chr Draco (again)
    since he was the only one who was available

Final Team-
    Gardevoir
    Sandslash
    Nuzleaf
    Machoke
    Marshtomp
    Manetric

Last edited:

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Radio's eleventh segment
    Save: Ash Ketchup's Blue
    Segments: 2 -> 1
    Stretch: Badge 8

Same thing as last time, still claimed Pikachu as mine. It was dead useless against Giovanni but it pulled its weight during the rest of the run.

Radio's twelfth segment
    Save: Radio's Crystal
    Segments: 1 -> 0
    Stretch: Badge 8

And so we end where we began. Claimed Totodile once again to prevent my taint from spreading any further, but taught Attract to Growlithe. I guess I wanted the TM to be marginally useful, idk.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Eleanor's eleventh Counter Death
    Save played: Shahar - Pokémon Heart Gold
    Segments left: 2 → 1

Quick update for a long and crazy segment! After training up Pokémon, changing plans tons of times and finding out that so many items were not available as easily as I thought, I... decided to make do until the league, getting a random team of basically Lanturn and a few other things and dealing with the Kimono Girls, Ho-oh and all that. Then, I went ahead and got myself to the league... quickly, trying to do my best to avoid Graveler exploding on me like in the platinum egglocke. You'll be happy to hear, that never happened once in this run! Yay!

I did lose a Gloom to I don't even know what, though. And so I trained another one. From level 22. In Heart Gold. Let's just say, it was kinda difficult... and Lanturn, the only Pokémon I was 1000000% sure could kill Victory Road's Graveler in one hit, got a lot of experience from it. I then farmed at the PokéAthlon for a Leaf Stone (Lilith the Crobat is a beast in Speed competitions, and sort of made up for the wonky controls) and even got a ton of coins from Voltorb Flip just so I could get one TM13.

And so, with the glorious team of...
    ♥ Maynard the Lanturn, level 54 (!), with Surf, Discharge, Signal Beam and Ice Beam,
    ♥ Lilith the Crobat, level 42, with Fly, Wing Attack, Bite and Poison Fang,
    ♥ Crepe the Miltank, level 40, with Body Slam, Strength (oops), Milk Drink and Zen Headbutt,
    ♥ Que the Mamoswine (oh yeah I had to get a Heart Scale through Rock Smash for this thing), level 46, with Avalanche, Ice Shard, Earthquake and Ancient Power,
    ♥ Francis the Rapidash (aka discount RK9 because I was too tired to play more PokéAthlon), level 42, with Flame Wheel, Fire Blast, Stomp and Iron Tail,
    ♥ Maeve the Vileplume, level 47, with Sleep Powder, Giga Drain, Sludge Bomb and Moonlight...

I beat the league.
    We had some terrible moments, such as one death due to Counter (lol as if I hadn't had enough, just see my Black segment) - Lilith the Crobat, from Bruno's Hitmontop... and of course, we also had the crazy Karen's Gengar situation, where I lost my counter to it (Crobat) and tried to just put it to sleep, then go into Miltank, avoid a Focus Blast and hit with Zen Headbutt (oof). But in the end, we had a solo Lanturn sweep against Lance, because of course I was going to do that. In fact, I'm glad I got the TM for Ice Beam - I'm not sure if Mamoswine could've done the same, I'll admit.

So yeah that's another save to get to the Hall of Fame! And probs my last segment for this challenge, but we'll see <3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    Tigearthzap's 4th segment.

The Image

Rules:
    #1: All of the Pokémon in your team must know an HM move, in the games where they're available.
    #2: You may only catch three Pokémon per segment, so choose wisely! Gifted Pokémon such as your starter do not count towards this rule, however.

I got the save from Chr Draco and headed off to Mt Pyre. On the way, I caught a Duscull. After obtaining the red orb over there, I caught a temporary Wingull, and flew to Lavaridge Town and caught a Swablu, and taught it fly. Then I flew to Mauville City, popped them both in the daycare, and biked very hard till I got an Altaria and Dusclops at around level 45. Then I reached Mossdeep and went straight to the gym. (the rest of the party members were caught by the earlier users there in case you were wondering.) Solved the puzzle and challenged Tate and Liza. IT...Was a disgustingly hard battle. Let's just say my plan of using Dusclops and Gyrados did not work, (at least the Dusclops part did not) Finally a combination of Gyarados and Breloom took those floating rocks out (with a bit of help from Altaria).
    But anyways, it was borderline fun, I still gave a lot of time to the daycare grinding of Dusclops, which in the end, did not pay off)
    After this, i switched files with HeroLink

Final Team-
    Gyarados
    Nuzleaf
    Altaria
    Magnemite
    Breloom
    Dusclops (a pretty weak one)

(Also I just realized that this is the only team up till now in which I do not have a member of the Ralts line)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    Tigearthzap's 5th Segment

The Image

Rules:

This was an interesting one. After getting the save from HeroLink, I went on with the Magma hideout Story. I then caught a Duscull, because I had not learned from my mistakes. I thought about getting an altaria but decided against it as I already had a Swellow. I then flew to Mauville (Like I do) and Popped the Duscull and a Lairon in the Day Care (waste of time) and biked ...a lot. Then I got a brainwave and decided to check which moves were learned by Duscull....and it was disappointing...all the good moves were learned very late, and I did not have that much time. So I ditched the Duscull, and caught a level 10 Magikarp. I Exp-Share trained it untill it was about level 16, and then Day Care Grinded it. I was Aiming for the Move Bite, but I accidentally overleveled it and missed Bite. But I still taught it Surf and Moved on to Tate and Liza.. Mt=y plan was to spam surf with Swampert and Gyrados, It failed though, because of Solrock using Sunnyday and then Solar Beam.; I finally won by using a combination of Gardevoir using Flash and Manetric using thunderbolt. It was stressful, to say the least

Final Team-
    Swampert
    Gyarados
    Manetric
    Swellow
    Gardevoir (Oh look! It's back again!)
    Lairon

Last edited:

saniachan

Second Violinist
    Years
  • Segment 5: Lycan in Platinum (Crasher Wake arc)

Rules:
    Spoiler:

• Helped Dawn to get her Pokedex back from those Galactic goons.
    • Got Mad Dummy the Porygon as a gift.
    • Made my way to Pastoria City somehow.
    • Caught these two out of my three slots per rule #1: Asgore the Tropius (not to be confused with Asriel's Oshawott Dewott) and Gaster the Pikachu.
    • Rival (Aecor) battle: Flash got through his Staravia, Flowey's Stun Spore helped against his Buizel, Felix handled his Monferno just fine, and Asgore managed to take his Roselia down despite being way underleveled.
    • Took me forever to train Gaster up to level 30-something and evolve Flowey into Roselia even with a Soothe Bell.
    • Crasher Wake battle: Gaster and Solum did a one-shot to his Gyarados and Quagsire, respectively. His Floatzel, however, was a tough cookie for taking Flowey and Flash down. Props to Asgore for tanking an Ice Fang before delivering the final blow tho.
    • Passed this savefile to... I dunno.

Badge Proof:
    Spoiler:

Post-Crasher Wake squad:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Here it is... my final update :(

Personal rules:
    #1: You may not use Female Pokémon in battle (unless they're a gift, such as the starter).
    #2:When you pass your current save file to someone else, the player must have $1,000 or less. What a shopping spree!
    #3: You may not leave a new area without beating all the trainers available to you first.

Segments used: 12/12

For my tenth stint, I got the chance to finish what I started, by getting my OG Blue game past the Elite Four!

I'm pretty sure me and Radio done every stretch of this game between us which made for a nice stable team! Many Pokémon I caught in the very first segment made it into the HOF!

As with all E4 segments I completed, I made sure I had less than $1,000 before I battled the Elite Four. I know I didn't need to, but it seemed like the right thing to do given my ruleset.

After that, I had a go at SuperCookie's HeartGold, meaning I was lucky enough to play all Gens from 1-4 during my run! I very much enjoyed completing segment 7 of this game, as the Lake of Rage and Mahogany Town area is one of my favourite locations in all of Pokémon!

I held back my last stint, so I could apply it where it would be most beneficial. An opportunity came up to get another Gen3 game into the HOF, this time Sapphire, so I grabbed it with both hands.

I was actually pretty upset while playing this, since it was the final segment I was eligible to play. I took my time, knowing that nobody else would need the game after me, and also that I couldn't be utilised elsewhere.

I messed around, completed many tasks I really didn't need to do, and even found a shiny Makuhita in Granite Cave! I also decided to catch and raise a Gyarados to lv.50 so I'd have some coverage for the Elite Four!

Eventually I had to stop stalling, and finish the job. With the E4 beaten, my Baton Pass Challenge was officially over. Thank you to the organisers, and also to my partners in each game. It has been a wild ride, and a tremendous amount of fun :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Since the GT is slowly coming to an end, we sincerely ask everyone to post a screenshot of the trainer card from all saves they played the last segment in (and no one else has continued), or beat Elite Four in. To have enough time to count the points, we would appreciate if you can provide them by midnight (EST).

For example, I have two such saves. I beat E4 on Mewtwolover's save and during my last segment, I obtained 8th gym on my own save:
    KhsiBWX.png
    2lo8IM6.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • Played my last segment on Tigearthzap's save. Since I finished the challenge almost week ago, I must say that this save hasn't been played in the challenge after that.
    4jlGbHf.png

Years
  • I believe the only three I was last to play are the three I put into the Hall of Fame:

InsaneBlathers' Ruby

Sduem8h.jpg

Ash Ketchup's Blue

9s7tmrs.jpg
    YWivXZT.jpg

Professor Plum's Sapphire

nXAGHh5.jpg
    5ZNJpzW.jpg

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Didn't get to use many segments unfortunately, but being able to bring one save to the Hall of Fame was really nice.
    Emerald_-_Sheep_-_8_badges-1.png

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Managed to play 11 segments. Got only one hall of fame, and passed all the other save files

PokeGuyFinalRuby-champion.png

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Quick and last update because I beat Drayden again on a different Black save with Beartic carry so... here's an unofficial Eleanor's twelwth deja-vu with the save played being Asriel - Pokémon Black and the segments left being now 0 because yes, I finished them all including the 3 bonus! That save is being played right now so I won't post any screenshot from it, but here's a screenshot of a save I did finish~ (see above just in case...)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • EVIDENCE

Pokemon_Emerald_Vendily_5_badges1-1.png

Vendily's save, 6th badge, what what

I am too busy to give a full account of this and other segments since sorry

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Could only do 5 segments, but these are the files I have most recently done segments for that have not been picked up and continued

8m6ztKj.png

qzBTIdT.png

saniachan

Second Violinist
    Years
  • Not my segment, but here's Sophie's finished Emerald save (the one I've previously did the Juan arc in) with the last leg played by [user]dylanm01[/user]. 😉

unknown.png

Last edited:
    Back