• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GT11 Pokemon Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Count me in!
    Username: ScoSap
    Game: Pokemon X
    Favorite Pokemon: Absol
    Favorite Color: Mauve

Planned Team:
    He was #011!: Pidgeot
    Bitter Rivalry: Seviper
    Harsh Weather: Arcanine
    Hoenn Confirmed!: Altaria
    Unity: Nidoking
    Wild Card: Swampert

Really looking forward to this challenge!
    Good luck to everyone :P

J2a1m1i2e

Moon Princess In Training
    Years
    Just finished White last night, really don't want to use Y, so was in a rush to complete it xD

Username: J2a1m1i2e
    Game: White
    Favorite Pokemon: Gourgeist (Vileplume pre Gen 6)

Planned Team:
    He has #011! : Watchog
    Bitter Rivalry/Pair: Lilligant
    Harsh Weather: Ninetales
    Hoenn Confirmed: Metagross
    Unity: Absol
    Wild Card: Scrafty

Good luck everyone, this is gonna be fun! :D

Last edited:
    Years
    Update: I have hatched and caught my entire team, all currently LV 1 expect for Nidoking who is at LV 21. Now the hard bit, training them all to about LV 60, this is going to tough as It will require a lot of grinding, might just watch a movie or something whilst doing it. Although I am going to take a break for a bit as I spent a couple of hours deciding and then hatching and catching my team.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Oh a challenge on a completed game, I'm definitely signing up!

Username: MIAU
    Favorite Pokemon: Toxicroak
    Favorite Color: Mauve ♥

Planned Team:
    He was #011! Mightyena
    Bitter Rivalry Luxray
    Harsh Weather Ninetales
    Hoenn Confirmed! Camerupt
    Unity Gourgeist
    Wild Card Cryogonal

Last edited:

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
    Years
    Let's get this started!

Username: TeunCornflakes
    Game: Pokémon HeartGold (from my Golem solo)
    Favorite Pokemon: Umbreon

I'll go think about a team. Is it possible (since I hacked into that game a bit) that I catch a new Graveler and let it evolve at level 40 automatically?
    And wait, why would we need HM Slaves if we just have to beat the Elite 4?

Last edited:

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Username: Gulpin
    Game: X
    Favorite Pokemon: Carbink (If you aren't playing X/Y just let me know and I'll give you a different favorite!)

I think I should have time to do this over the week, though I'll have to put my monotypes on hold for the time being. I'll figure out my team shortly, and get started ASAP!

Edit: Ok, I've decided on my team:
    GT11 Pokemon Challenge
    GT11 Pokemon Challenge
    GT11 Pokemon Challenge
    GT11 Pokemon Challenge
    GT11 Pokemon Challenge
    GT11 Pokemon Challenge

Pidgeot is #11, Gothitelle is a pair of Reuniclus (in my eyes at least), Rotom can learn Sunny Day and Rain Dance, Banette is a Hoenn native, Umbreon is TeunCornflake's favorite Pokemon, and Noivern is my wild card. I also made my team so that it consisted of one Pokemon from each generation, for extra fun!

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I have already signed up, I'm just providing an early update. Next user to join still gets Carbink.

My new team plans around the E4:

#11: Malamar (it learns Flamethrower for Ironworks Chamber, I'll OL it since it might be bad otherwise)
    Rivalry: Seviper (for Mega Gardevoir)
    Weather: A Rain Dance user (Blazing Chamber) (EDIT: just figured it out...Azumarill with Surf and Play Rough, can provide support all around and I had one on my E4 team!)
    Hoenn: Considering a Grass type (Flood Chamber); I have a Treecko, might be the time to breed it
    Unity: Salamence (why I avoided the Normal/Flying TBH for #11; will handle Ironworks Chamber if I OL them)
    Wild Card: Still unknown (I have all the other types figured out, so I'll pick something for the Champion after I level these up)

Last edited:
    Years
    Update to the rules. Rare Candy may not be used in this challenge. If you used a Rare Candy before this announcement, there is no penalty.
    [/FONT]

I take it I can't use Join Avenue services that give level-ups at (i.e. the Cafe and Dojo), either?

Anyway, i've caught four of my team members so far, three of them in mid to high 50s, haha.

Years
    Update #1

Got all six members of my team! Thank you Safari Zone for existing. Only one that still needs to evolve is my Pidgeotto. Training is gonna be super fun--and by fun I mean challenging--especially since there isn't any place I can go to battle normal Trainers; I also could've sworn I acquired a Lucky Egg but I dunno what happened to it ;;

Anyway, the team so far:

Spoiler:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    Let's get this started!

Username: TeunCornflakes
    Game: Pokémon HeartGold (from my Golem solo)
    Favorite Pokemon: Umbreon

I'll go think about a team. Is it possible (since I hacked into that game a bit) that I catch a new Graveler and let it evolve at level 40 automatically?
    And wait, why would we need HM Slaves if we just have to beat the Elite 4?
    ROM hacks are allowed, and it's normally just a trade evolution anyway, so that's fine.

The HM Slaves thing is more of a formality I guess, more to prevent the eventual question of if they're allowed that usually comes in every challenge. I suppose it didn't stop the questions though haha!

Question: I didn't see any specifications, but I'm gonna ask anyway. For version-exclusives (alternatives for rivalry/pairs), does this allow use of exclusive pokemon of other games? E.g Mankey/Primeape(Gen I exclusive) to be used in Platinum.
    The version exclusive should be from the game you're playing, not one that is version exclusive in another game.

Last edited:

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
    Years
    Username: Gulpin
    Game: X
    Favorite Pokemon: Carbink (If you aren't playing X/Y just let me know and I'll give you a different favorite!)

I think I should have time to do this over the week, though I'll have to put my monotypes on hold for the time being. I'll figure out my team shortly, and get started ASAP!

Im playing Platinum, could you give me a new one?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    UPDATE #2

I'll count the team reselection as an update.

My first five (for now, I am using Treecko) are in the 30s in level. I have reviewed the Champion's lineup and the weaknesses. I have determined that my Wild Card needs to be something that can fire ample quantities of Ice as four of Diantha's first five are weak to it. Amaura, Snorunt (Froslass), and even Sneasel come to mind. I might rule out Sneasel (even with Icicle Crush) because I don't think I can use it much of anywhere in the E4. However, I will level up all three and see which stats work out the best. I'll start working on them when I get the core of the team into the 50s.

Why the 50s?

Because I get Salamence then.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
    Game: Pokémon Black 2
    Favorite Pokemon: Nidoking

Team:
    He was #011!: Mightyena
    Bitter Rivalry: Latios (B2 exclusive)
    Harsh Weather: Ninetales
    Hoenn Confirmed!: Seviper
    Unity: ??? - no Pikachu in Gen V, so need another one Emolga
    Wild Card: Nidoking
    I was given Emolga via VM.
    The version exclusive should be from the game you're playing, not one that is version exclusive in another game.
    So, can I still use Latios, or do I need to choose a Unova Dex one? I used this webpage, which has Latios as a B2 version exclusive: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Version-exclusive Pokémon

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I asked about Latios via VM as a general legendaries question. Legendaries can be used, but I think you have to physically catch the legendary during this week for it to count.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    ROM hacks are allowed, and it's normally just a trade evolution anyway, so that's fine.

The HM Slaves thing is more of a formality I guess, more to prevent the eventual question of if they're allowed that usually comes in every challenge. I suppose it didn't stop the questions though haha!

then I guess I'll have to change the arcanine i wanted to use since its a fire red exclusive and I'm playing in black.

Will update later which black exclusive I'll use
    for now i currently got a rattata to use and am going for a snivy now

update: as rival I´ll use zangoose since i can get it in black

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Necrum, does that apply to regular Pokémon as well? If something cannot be caught in X, I can't use it for that? Or can I use it as long as I breed one, making it a native to that game? I ask because I have a Treecko for my Hoenn selection and it's clearly not catchable in Kalos; I bred one I got in WT after leveling THAT one up and it's currently Lv.44. If I have to swap it out, I need to know now so I can put another Grass type in my next group.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    Necrum, does that apply to regular Pokémon as well? If something cannot be caught in X, I can't use it for that? Or can I use it as long as I breed one, making it a native to that game? I ask because I have a Treecko for my Hoenn selection and it's clearly not catchable in Kalos; I bred one I got in WT after leveling THAT one up and it's currently Lv.44. If I have to swap it out, I need to know now so I can put another Grass type in my next group.
    No that only applies to if you're using a version exclusive. Because some Pokemon are not exclusive in certain gyms, like Growlithe in BW2 is in both games, but only in Fire Red in Kanto games.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
    Username: Wobbu
    Favorite Pokemon: Wailord/Wobbuffet
    Favorite Color: Mauve (what color even is this??)

Good thing we don't have to make a new game for this challenge haha. X is the only completed save game I have and I didn't want to lose all of my progress :P This looks fun, though!

My team:
    Diggersby tho
    Pyroar
    Abomasnow
    Wailord
    Carbink
    Dragalge

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back