• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GT11 Pokemon Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Username: Anna
    Game: Pearl
    Favorite Pokemon: Crustle (if unavailable in next person's game, Azumarill)
    Favorite Color: Mauve

Prospective Team
    He was #011! - Staraptor
    Bitter Rivalry - Houndoom
    Harsh Weather - Abomasnow
    Hoenn Confirmed! - Breloom
    Unity - Pikachu (from Griffinbane)
    Wild Card - some water type idk yet

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    END OF DAY 1 UPDATE

Originally posted to a thread I'm not participating in - how did I do that? Original post appears below.

My evening ends. A productive battling day. Hope to finish tomorrow (now today) and relax game-wise, doing just quick things and trades, until the time to try the three breeding challenges later this week.

Salamence evolved and took on Fly, and I retired Fletchinder to the PC with a job well done and deserving of a break. My entire team is now with me as one party. In order to keep the levels the same as I go to the E4, I'm having the lower levels battle now. My highlights of the day:

- I took on (while heavily overleveled with Fletchinder leading) Restaurant Le Yeah and, due to skillful use of Fly by both Fletchinder and Salamance, managed a perfect meal. Protect in the first two battles by my opponents also saved me, particularly where four turns was required.
    - Just before 8:30 PM, I found and captured a Shiny Klutz Audino.

My team review:

Spoiler:

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    Why do Unova Pokemon evolve so late?

Anyhow, I've been giving the babies some exp. from the Wild Audino while searching for an Absol. Results are Starly evolved all the way to Staraptor while the others got some decent leveling. Maybe it's already time for me to take out my old party and go train at the Sports Dome.

The team so far:

Spoiler:

I'm trying to take this nice and slow, but I'm sure I'll complete it in time.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I'm at Lv.70. Flew to the PL and saved on the bench like I usually do when I save anywhere. Quickly checked the E4 and found that the levels do not change. Let's see if I am high enough to sweep them now.

EDIT: The E4 has been defeated. The Blazing Chamber fell first, then the Ironworks Chamber proved difficult and I didn't manage my Pokémon strategy well, but I came back and decimated the remaining two chambers without a knockout, using excellent strategy in the Flood Chamber and four different victorious Pokémon in battle.

I have Diantha to defeat now. Can I do it before I head out for the rest of the day? I'm actually kinda enjoying this.

EDIT: I am victorious! Sceptile, who I couldn't find a spot for in the final battle, had to step in for a OHKOed Seviper and took down Mega Gardevoir with two Leaf Blades.

CHALLENGE COMPLETED

(If I need to show something to prove it, I can provide evidence later. I have to head out for a bit.)

Last edited:

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Necrum or Jak, I have a silly question. So in post-game X, whenever I want to train some low-leveled Pokemon, I usually give them a Lucky Egg, turn Exp Share on and lead with my lv 80+ Talonflame and grind at the Victory Road. I'm assuming it's not okay to do this for this challenge, right? So you're only allowed to battle using the 6 Pokemon that fit the requirements, right?

Years
    Username: Janp
    Game: White 2
    Favorite Pokemon: Nidoqueen
    Favorite Color: Mauve... or whatever that was... I don't remember :D

Anyway... My team:

#11 - Watchog
    Bitter Rivalry - Haxorus
    Harsh Weather - Excadrill
    Hoenn Confirmed! - Camerupt
    Unity - Crustle (thanks, Anna)
    Wild Card - Samurott

Last edited:

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
    Years
    Soooo this will probably be my team:

He Was #011:
    GT11 Pokemon Challenge

Earthburst Junior the Golem
    Already caught and evolved it, this one was kind of obvious.

Bitter Rivalry:
    GT11 Pokemon Challenge

Rival the Arcanine
    Couldn't think of any better name. Growlithe is easy to get in HeartGold, so this is the first one I thought of. Currently level 14.

Harsh Weather:
    GT11 Pokemon Challenge

Seabubble Junior the Blastoise
    Yay, also got a good reason to put in this one again :)
    Got it from Professor Oak, and I am training it right now. Currently level 15.

Hoenn Confirmed:
    GT11 Pokemon Challenge

Absol
    Well that was stupid. I was going to get Treecko from Steven, but some of my friends were standing behind me and convinced me to take Mudkip while I already have Blastoise... Not quite sure about this one, but it should be nice to have. I'll only be able to obtain it with Hoenn Sound on Wednesday, though.

Unity:
    Aghhh. Toxicroak's a real pain in the ass to get in HeartGold and SoulSilver, with Blocks in the Safari Zone and everything which I don't understand anything of. I will try, but is it possible that I get another one?

Wild Card:
    GT11 Pokemon Challenge

(Unnamed for now) the Grumpig
    I really didn't know anything, so I asked my girlfriend to say a number between 1 and 492. Came out to be #325 Spoink, so that will be a kind of added challenge I guess. The name is still coming :)

Team members have been caught! I decided to keep my Black 2 post-game file and run through this challenge with that instead of restarting and getting to post-game once again. That'd take too long.

The Team:

GT11 Pokemon Challenge

Forrest the Tropius ♂ [Hoenn Confirmed]
    Lv. 58 | Hardy | Alert to sounds | Chlorophyll
    Synthesis, Leaf Tornado, Air Slash, Fly

GT11 Pokemon Challenge

Pashmina the Patrat ♀ [#11]
    Lv. 2 | Sassy | Good perseverance | Keen Eye
    Tackle

GT11 Pokemon Challenge

Kiba the Axew ♂ [Rivalry]
    Lv. 1 | Naive | Highly curious | Rivalry
    Scratch, False Swipe, Dragon Claw

GT11 Pokemon Challenge

Not Nemo the Finneon ♂ [Wild Card]
    Lv. 40 | Relaxed | Good endurance | Swift Swim
    Captivate, Safeguard, Aqua Ring, Surf

GT11 Pokemon Challenge

MintChoco the Vanillish ♂ [Weathermon]
    Lv. 45 | Lax | Likes to run (lmao) | Ice Body
    Mirror Shot, Acid Armor, Ice Beam, Hail

GT11 Pokemon Challenge

Mansyd the Eevee ♂ [Unity]
    Lv. 1 | Sassy | Mischievous | Adaptability
    Helping Hand, Tackle, Tail Whip

Next stop... evolving everyone! :D Axew to Haxorus, Patrat to Watchog, Finneon to Lumineon, Vanillish to Vanilluxe, and Eevee to Umbreon.​

Last edited:

J2a1m1i2e

Moon Princess In Training
    Years
    Yay for first update!
    I've only managed to catch my team members so far, I'm hoping to get some grinding in before my precious sleepy times! Absolute was a PAIN to catch, I managed to get Metang and Vulpix really easily, but Petilil and Watchog were kind of hard, heck, I got Misdreavus, who has a lower catch rate, before I got Petilil! Luckily, the atrocity that is the level curve if this game actually came in useful, my mons are pretty high levelled for the most part.

Team:
    Spoiler:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    Necrum or Jak, I have a silly question. So in post-game X, whenever I want to train some low-leveled Pokemon, I usually give them a Lucky Egg, turn Exp Share on and lead with my lv 80+ Talonflame and grind at the Victory Road. I'm assuming it's not okay to do this for this challenge, right? So you're only allowed to battle using the 6 Pokemon that fit the requirements, right?
    The 6 Pokemon need only fight the Elite 4. How you train them is up to you.
    EDIT: I am victorious! Sceptile, who I couldn't find a spot for in the final battle, had to step in for a OHKOed Seviper and took down Mega Gardevoir with two Leaf Blades.

CHALLENGE COMPLETED

(If I need to show something to prove it, I can provide evidence later. I have to head out for a bit.)
    No proof is needed, but I do suggest you post details about your final team, levels, moves etc.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
    Alright, I have caught/bred all my team members. I picked a save file where I had just defeated Iris for the first time.

Update #1 on Black 2.
    • First I went to the Dreamyard and caught Riveon the Latios.
    • Then I went to the Abundant Shrine and nabbed a Drought Vulpix named Sol.
    • Cyclone the Emolga was grabbed at Dragonspiral Tower, and OneOneFour the Seviper at Village Bridge.
    • Got a L55 Poochyena from White, bred it with a Stoutland, and hatched Juichi the Poochyena with Crunch and the elemental Fangs.
    • After a few battles against trainers, Juichi evolved into Mightyena!
    • Got to the Route 2 Hidden Grotto and caught a Nidoran♂ named Rex. Forgot screenshot, so just took a status screen pic.
    Screens:
    Spoiler:

Team Roxy:
    GT11 Pokemon Challenge

Juichi the Sassy Mighyena, ♀ - L28 @ Exp. Share
    Ability: Intimidate
    Moves: Ice Fang, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Crunch
    GT11 Pokemon Challenge

Sol the Lax Vulpix, ♂ - L38 @ Lucky Egg
    Ability: Drought
    Moves: Will-O-Wisp, Hex, Payback, Flamethrower
    GT11 Pokemon Challenge

Riveon the Calm Latios, ♂ - L68 @ Soul Dew
    Ability: Levitate
    Moves: Psychic, Fly, Surf, Dive
    GT11 Pokemon Challenge

OneOneFour the Bashful Seviper, ♀ - L39
    Ability: Shed Skin
    Moves: Poison Fang, Night Slash, Gastro Acid, Strength
    GT11 Pokemon Challenge

Cyclone the Timid Emolga, ♂ - L56
    Ability: Static
    Moves: Thunderbolt, Volt Switch, Cut, Discharge
    GT11 Pokemon Challenge

Rex the Hasty Nidoran♂ - L58
    Ability: Hustle
    Moves: Flatter, Poison Jab, Captivate, Horn Drill

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    No proof is needed, but I do suggest you post details about your final team, levels, moves etc.
    Fair enough. Opening up in Vanillite Town - and noting I made a TM move change or two (don't worry, I left Rain Dance there) in the middle of the challenge (Salamance's Flamethrower became useless at one point, so I swapped in Stone Edge), my final team layout was as follows (spoilered):

Spoiler:

I tried to give everyone a chance to fight Diantha. I may have missed one, though my policy did lead to two knockouts on my team. Seviper was the unfortunate one due to being outsped. Froslass was the other, but it was hilarious; I got Tyranitum to half its strength, and then got OHKOed; the recoil knocked it out. Ace!

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Aghhh. Toxicroak's a real pain in the ass to get in HeartGold and SoulSilver, with Blocks in the Safari Zone and everything which I don't understand anything of. I will try, but is it possible that I get another one?

Sure, I don't know how those things work either. So let's see, a Johto favorite? Take Jumpluff ♥

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
    Username: Blastin'TyruntZ
    Game: Pokemon White
    Favorite Pokemon: Tyrunt
    Planned team: Watchog, Reuncilus, Lilligant, Lunatone\Solrock, Nidoqueen, Heatmor

This team sucks but eh what can i do

Years
    The team has been rounded up, and is as follows right now:

GT11 Pokemon Challenge
    Lv. 39 Brodie (#11)

GT11 Pokemon Challenge
    Lv 55 Yasmin (Rivalry)

GT11 Pokemon Challenge
    Lv. 49 Cooper (Weather)

GT11 Pokemon Challenge
    Lv. 60 Omar (Hoenn Confirmed)

GT11 Pokemon Challenge
    Lv. 40 Lilith (Unity)

GT11 Pokemon Challenge
    Lv. 44 Samson (Wild Card)

Almost done training Yasmin, done with Omar. Need to keep grinding, for now d:

For_Whom_The_Bronzong_Tolls

Pokemaniac since '98
    Years
    Username: For_Whom_The_Bronzong_Tolls
    Game: Y
    Favorite Pokemon: Tynamo

Party:
    #011 Malamar
    Rivalry Luxray
    Harsh Weather Tyranitar (Sandstorm)
    Hoenn Metagross
    Unity Tyrantrum (Tyrunt
    Wild Card Elektross

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    Fair enough. Opening up in Vanillite Town - and noting I made a TM move change or two (don't worry, I left Rain Dance there) in the middle of the challenge (Salamance's Flamethrower became useless at one point, so I swapped in Stone Edge), my final team layout was as follows (spoilered):

Spoiler:

I tried to give everyone a chance to fight Diantha. I may have missed one, though my policy did lead to two knockouts on my team. Seviper was the unfortunate one due to being outsped. Froslass was the other, but it was hilarious; I got Tyranitum to half its strength, and then got OHKOed; the recoil knocked it out. Ace!
    Congrats on becoming the first champion of the GT11 Pokemon Challenge!

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    Username: blueredemption
    Game: Y
    Favorite Pokemon: mudkip

Planned team:

#011: Diggersby
    Rivalry: Kabutops
    Weather: Dewgong
    Hoenn: Mightyanna
    Unity: Tynamo
    Wildcard: Gardevoir

I'll get this going in a bit ^.^

Last edited:

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    I'm aiming to get Larvesta to evolve right now, and then I'll move on to Rufflet. I don't want to rant on late level evolutions again though.

After going back and forth Giant Chasm for Audino, doing some daily battles and realizing that I haven't activated the Tornadus event yet, Larvesta's only 6 levels away from evolving. I might try adding Tornadus, but that'll be a huge hassle to catch, so I'll just stick with this team.

The team so far:

Spoiler:

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    Username: BakingBluePotatoe
    Game: Pearl (Hazzah! Good thing I never killed the file!)
    Favorite Pokemon: Dragonair (Or Riolu/Lucario if you can't get it)

#011: Golem
    Rivalry: Houndoom
    Weather: Cherrim
    Hoenn!: Dustox
    Unity: Mudkip
    Wildcard: Leafeon or maybe the Togepi line

Hopefully this'll work out okay.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back