• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GT11 Retro Gaming Event

Years

• → GT11 Retro Gaming Event
    Featuring triple the retro!

Hey there PokéCommunity, welcome to the 4th annual retro gaming event here at our 11th Get-Together, hosted once again by Brendino and Nathan! This year, we've got three exciting games for you to participate in: Snake, Arkanoid and Asteroids- three favorites of the 70s and 80s, right to today!

→ Rules and F.A.Q.

How do I play the games?

It's easy! All you have to do is click on the picture of the game you want to play at the top of this post, and you should be sent directly to the game. If that doesn't work for you, click here to play Snake, click here for Arkanoid, or click here for Asteroids!

It says game over. How do I submit my score?
    To submit your scores, we ask that you take a screenshot of the game once you're finished. To do this, either hit the print screen button on PC, or press Command+Shift+4 if you're on a Mac. After you've done this, upload your screenshot (sites like TinyPic work well), and include this in your post alongside your username and score.

NOTE: We ask that you include all of your scores in one post to keep the thread tidy. If you wish to update your score(s), please just edit your original post, as any subsequent entries won't be recorded.

What if I don't want to play all three of the games?
    If you'd rather just play one or two of the games, go right ahead! We added multiple options in the hopes that there's something for everyone, and so that it'd be easier to participate in.

What mode should I be playing Snake on?
    Since the game gives you three options, we've decided to go right down the middle with the "Worm" difficulty. Feel free to practice on "Slug" if you'd like, but we'll only be accepting scores from the "Worm" difficulty.

How long do I have to enter the event?
    If you're reading this right now, the event has already started! Entries for this competition will be accepted between now, and July 12th at 3:59 PM EDT. Don't wait until the last minute to post or update your scores though, or you may not be eligible for one of our prizes (which we'll talk about below).

What if my question wasn't answered here?
    If you're still confused about something, feel free to either post your question here, or send a VM to Brendino or Nathan so we can help you out.

→ Prizes

For finishing in the top three of any of our games, you'll receive one of the special emblems seen below (top scorers emblems will be revealed later in the week). If you don't manage to finish as a top-scorer in either game, don't worry- everyone will receive a participation emblem for their efforts. Even if you don't think you can win, it doesn't hurt to give it a go and pick up a fancy emblem just for trying!

1nsbjDK.png
    2uSSaBv.png
    p6ve90E.png
    WvLoXT1.png

→ Current Leaders

Snake

Yato - 2782
    Pixelrushe - 2587
    Guildmaster Wigglytuff - 2518

Arkanoid
    Maruno - 322723
    Penta Penguin - 310852
    Guildmaster Wigglytuff - 140062

Asteroids
    (Brendino - 61510)
    Alpha May/Omega Brendan - 58880
    Guildmaster Wigglytuff - 56160
    itari - 55520

Last edited:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Here goes nothing. n_n

Snake
    Spoiler:

Arkanoid
    Spoiler:

Asteroids
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Tip for Mac users: If you just wanna screenshot part of your screen, press Command+Shift+4~

Idk if I'm gonna do the other two (probably will at some point), but Snake is my forte, soooo:

SNAKE (updated 7/6/14)
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • The ball in Arkanoid moves really fast.

I'm just gonna occupy myself with these games this entire day.

Arkanoid score so far:
    Spoiler:

Astroids score so far:
    Spoiler:

I tried Snake and i suck at it so i probably won't play it

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Arkanoid: 322,723
    Spoiler:

Asteroids: 17,420
    Spoiler:

Snake: 1,490
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Maintaining a high score is going to be more difficult than I thought. Here I was thinking my base scores were acceptable.

Years
  • Here's my run of Snake after over three hours straight:

Spoiler:

I really hope I don't have to do this again, please, that was so arduous x_x I'll probably do the other two later.

Years
  • Great scores so far everyone, keep it up! ...and what's that? I'm competing in an event I'm hosting? Is that even legal??

Spoiler:

Also, the hover text for the third secret emblem says "Top scorer in Frogger!" Maybe you meant Asteroids?
    Oops, that'd be an oversight left in from last year's CSS- it should indeed say Asteroids. Thanks for catching that but not for stealing back the top spot in Asteroids...

Last edited:

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Snake:
    Spoiler:

I struggle with Snake sometimes, and even the D'OH! catches me by surprise.

Arkanoid
    Spoiler:

Game complete. This is actually 100x easier than the Arkanoid version I've played. I normally can't get past level 8.

Asteroids
    Spoiler:

Asteroids, another weak game for me, but I don't think I did bad, here.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Snake
    Spoiler:

That's the best I can do...I was a lot better back on the Nokia phones. xp

Arkanoid
    Spoiler:

That was pretty fun :o I'm still not so great, but it was fun n_n

Asteroids
    Spoiler:

I got bodied. Nothing more x_x

Braxien

Banned
    Years
  • This challenge should be annoying and will make me want to kill myself fun!

Snake:
    Spoiler:

Arkanoid:
    Spoiler:

Asteroids:
    Spoiler:

I'll try these games again when I'm not as annoyed with how hard retro games are.

Last edited:

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • I really suck at retro gaming, don't see my scores getting any better than this lol.

Snake:
    Spoiler:

Arkanoid:
    Spoiler:

Asteroids
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    I thought I would give it a go.

Arkanoid