• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Guardians (PG-13)

CrossJHero

Kiriya White......
Years
  • Walking into the guild, Scott/Axis simply looked at the mission board, and took the last one he saw, which was at the bottom. He decided to to take that one because it saved him the hassle of looking at other ones. He simply walked out of the building through the wall, and began his trip through the forest in order to get into the 'haunted' house. Scott, being somewhat smart, chuckled to himself as his Golett followed behind him. The duo then picked themselves up and went into a woman's house, and Scott smiled to himself.

"Excuse me ma'am. I came concerning your request to get rid of the ghosts." Scott said as he entered the house.

Years
  • The Police and their own Powermon ceased their attack, with a combination of feelings of not wanting to get stuck in between an Aura battle and morbid curiosity as to what would happen next. Without any hesitation, the Kadaba lifted up its spoon and shot a Psybeam straight for the Shadow assassin's chest. Knowing his aura's strength against that of a psychic's he allowed the beam to make a direct hit. The multicolored beam made contact with his chest, dissipating instantly with no force being felt by the Dark aura user. In shock, the Kadabra shot off a second beam, only for it to suffer the same fate as the first.​

While the Powermon focused on its attack, Shade made his own. Conjuring energies into his fist, the young assassin hurled the black ball at the Kadabra in a curveball. With the Kadabra focusing on his own attack, there was little it could do to evade, and took the attack in the arm. The Powermon winced in pain for a moment and its spoon left the hand that normally clutches it with such ferocity. The Dark user smirked as the symbol of his enemy's power fell through the air, only to be retrieved telekinetically by Gerry while her partner regained its composure.​
    The linked minds of the two psychic users collaborated within a millisecond, and came to the conclusion that they were facing Dark powers. The two decided it would be wiser to retreat, with the odds stacking against them. As a diversion, the Kadabra let off one more Psybeam, aimed at the roof directly below Shade. The beam was powerful, and the roof started to crack. The cracks gave way into small holes, and soon the entire roof started to crumble. Having to use all of his agility to stay above the falling debris, the Guild member shuffled his feet quickly, but to no avail.

He fell through a hole into the top story, landing on his feet and dropping to his knees from the force onto the rubble below. The impact caused pain in his leg from the force of the fall, but nothing was injured, and it quickly subsided. Gazing around him, Shade saw that the foundation of the building itself was still stable, with little risk of an immediate collapse. Still, the unmistakable sound of people leaving in a frantic penetrated through the doors with little effort. With no power anywhere for most of the town, he could only imagine the chaos below him while he took a quick breather to numb the small pain in his leg.

After a moment, Shade had left the room he and rushed his way down the now cluttered stairs, trying to catch up to his quarry without losing much distance. Since their main threat temporarily taken care of, Gerry and her Kadabra tried to make a break for it back into the town hall to restrategize. The psychic Powermon used Protect again, slowing giving ground to the encroaching police force. After a minute of defending against constant fire attack, the two broke off their defense and headed for the hall , only to find Houndour standing in their way at the main entrance. The tyrant rulers stopped in their tracks and had to move out of the way to escape the Dark hound's own Flamethrower attack. Logically, the pair of psychics concluded that the building's security was now compromised, and the Kadabra used its Teleport before any of the Growlithes could take advantage of his back facing them.

In a bright flash, both psychics were gone, and Shade made it out of the building just in time to see the light show of the active Growlithes sending wild Flamethrowers into the air. "DAMN IT!" Shade shouted, having lost his target as he hit the railing of the stairway to the front porch. The officers regained their formation, and the one leading the operation walked over to shade. "She couldn't have gone far. She's a small girl, and she's barely been out into Route 1. If she's anywhere, she's still in the city, probably somewhere safe where she thinks no one will search for her." The assassin looked curiously at the man in riot gear, who had by now taken off his helmet to expose his short brown hair and dark brown eyes, before responding with a question. "And you have an idea of some place that would fit the bill?" Nodding, the officer confirmed his suspicion before giving further confirmation.

"Yep. On the outskirts of town, there's a warehouse one of the local business owners here used to store all his merchandise before the shop fell through months ago. Thanks to the current situation, no one would buy any property in town, much less an empty storeroom, so the place has been empty since. It's far enough away from the town center to escape us, but close enough that she can make a return. That's where I'd head if I were in their situation. Unfortunately, we won't be able to accompany you right now. The team is already going to split up and comb the town hall for any hostages, and search for any injured citizens inside the building you and Gerry just gave a giant sun roof too. I wish we could help, I really do, but our hands are tied at the moment." Shade bowed his head slightly, gesturing that he understood. "Fine by me,"he thought as he walked away, now accompanied by his Powermon. "Useless authority figures will only get in my way." The two Dark users walked in the direction of the warehouse, hoping that the size of the city granted them only a short walk to their destination.​

Last edited:

luxuriate

Original Trainer
    Years
  • Hours elapsed on foot the trek from Cerulean City to Viridian City.

Kanto was a beautiful land to discover; Kerr adored every nook that had its story and when he recollected, the fragrance of flowers and timber was just as fresh.
    His lips dissolved into a demure smile. As much as he saw man, he saw Pokemon.
    It was remarkable and astounding friendship, teamwork, and mutual respect. All of these, he never had with any human.
    The concept of what was family and home surrounded him everywhere he went. At times, he vicariously loved through them.
    Other times, he wallowed on his own, dwelling of the dark stain that plagued his past.

Seeing Trainers line up outside Gym after Gym, the sense of their accomplishment gradually escalated.
    Kerr found himself standing in silence on the periphery of Route 22 and Viridian City.
    The road to the Indigo League lied out before him, rising upon terraces and bending out of sight into familiar, misty mountains. Beyond that was the Region where he was born.
    He could only imagine what it must've felt to sojourn here as a Kanto Trainer.

He never won a Badge before in his life. Neither in Kanto, nor in Johto.

Then black eyes and fanged smiles flashed across his mind, a striking resemblance to his father Hart and grandfather Douglas.
    His brother Markus had won a Badge in Mahogany Town, and from the way he battled their parents, he might have already been Champion and surpassed them.
    Luckily, it was in their favor. The Bug type was more effective in its attacks against the Dark type.
    It was the particular reason Hart and Wanda raised these Pokemon as their defense. They had known something like this would happen.

Just how dangerous were his grandparents and how did they change Markus? Kerr rubbed his neck, tense in the brisk chill.
    They weren't very interested in him until his Aura was revealed, and now, who knows what they've got in store for him? Dread started to build, almost if to bury him.

In a fleeting look, he watched a girl pass him in heels, departing Viridian City with a face of resolve, commencing the end step of her journey to confront the Elite Four in style.
    Her silvery white frizzy hair which was held back in a scrunchie bounced with her. This instantly emblazoned a fire in him.
    She resembled a model or an actress too, but something told him she chose an even higher purpose. This compelled him to jog after her.

"Hey, wait up," Kerr called. She didn't slow down.

"I have a boyfriend," she put curtly once he caught up, her eyes piercing him as iridescent as water, colored teal with rainbow flecks.
    If that didn't throw him into pause, her defensive stance did.
    He broke into a breathless laugh, "Well, good for you. I'm actually heading towards Johto, because that's where I'm from. Honest. You just looked like interesting company."

Her face faltered then fell flat, "Oh…"

There was a moment of awkward silence before she turned on him with a suspicious glower, "I bet you're a complete weirdo. Why do you have a sword? Is it even a sword?"

"Sanford, my name's Kerr Sanford," he looked ahead, a bit uncomfortable, "I'm… nobody. It's a scepter blade, it's just for show. You're heading to the Indigo League, obviously."

"No, been there, done that," she promptly shook her head and had said it with a bored tone. She looked at him curiously, "Nice guess, but I'm actually from Johto too."

"Oh? Where you from? I'm a Mahogany native."

"Blackthorn City."

"Dragon type Pokemon, huh?"

"Some," said she, then grew quiet afterwards.

The path reached another terrace before they found themselves facing the wild grass.
    Kerr tensed up, wondering how she'd react once he revealed himself to be a Guardian, a glowing yellow Guardian instilled with Ground power.

She glanced at him, "You're not going to hack at Pokemon with that sword of yours, right?"

Kerr broke out in another breathless laugh, "No, I'm a complete different kind of weirdo."

She led the way in silence, rustling through the grass at a swift pace. He staggered a bit in surprise how fast her small feet took her. "You in a hurry?"

"Yes, I am," she replied.

"What is your name anyway?" he stressed the question.

She stopped and turned to face him and the sun. Her eyes softened and glimmered radiantly, "I can't believe I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Linda Lock. Nice meeting you."

Linda raised her hand to begin, so they shook hands briefly. She instantly returned to her power walk, and Kerr followed, a bit dazed from her rigid energy.
    Then three Mankeys cut their path, clearly in an outrage from something else. They had them in the line of their sight and roared before they charged into battle.

"Heads up!" Linda shouted before she threw a PokeBall, unleashing a burst of light. A Dragonair shone with multitudinous color from its flapping scales and sang beautifully.
    He nodded and summoned Kalah, his Sandile. She snapped her gaze on him, a bit taken aback.

"That's Unova Pokemon," she said in disbelief.

"A gift," was all he could say.

"Huh," was all she could say. "Interesting company."

Last edited:
    Back