• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Guess what? We're moving to Alaska. 8D

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • So, have you ever moved before? If so, how many times? Is there any reason why you have moved? How did it affect you after you moved around?

I have moved a lot. It's affected my schooling in the eighth grade, but I never stayed back. We moved to Arizona after living in Maine for fourteen years of my life. We came to Arizona because the climate was better for my dad.

Sirfetch’d

I've only moved once in my lifetime and that was just temporary while they built us a new house. So really I have lived here my entire life and love it that way.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • I've been moving around since before I can even remember. Moved around twice while in my home country of Belgium, then moved to Quebec here in Canada for a year, then to England where we moved twice, and then to here where we haven't moved at all, thankfully.

A lot of people I know tell me it must be awesome to move around so much and to so many different places (though I've only lived in three countries I've been to many more) but I say no. It's annoying. After a childhood of moving around, never being able to properly maintain friends, it's affected me greatly. I don't regret it, however, because it contributed to me being who I am now, which is someone I like being. However, I still think moving around so much caused me to miss out on many valuable childhood experiences. My schooling, oddly enough, was never greatly affected, despite the fact that I've been schooled in three different countries with three different schooling systems. I guess the administration was having a busy day and got lazy or something. :D

I know though that my youngest sister was moved up a year when we were in England. Don't even know what their reasoning was behind that, and because of that she never got to experience kindergarten, but now she's like a brainiac for her age or something.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I moved here somewhere in 2011-2012, during Christmas break. It didn't affect me much, since it's still close to my school, but I switched schools eventually. I'd say it was nice we moved, our previous neighborhood for some reason had a lot of reported burglaries; and we have been thieved twice (thankfully one was unsuccessful).

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • I have moved more than 20 times throughout the years of my existence. It hasn't affected me, now that I think of it.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • The last time I remember doing a move was in 1996 - when my grandma and I lived in Anaheim, California - and moved to Seattle, Washington - mainly since my grandma had family in Seattle and she missed them a lot, so she made the decision to move to Seattle to be closer with family... I was too young back then (about 10 or 11 years old), having to move states was the biggest thing I had to adjust too.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • I have moved 4 times in my life.

I have moved from my first apartment to another when I was 13. From there to another about 10 miles away when I was 14. From there to the next county over when I was 16. Then I moved into a house with my roommate when last August.

Years
  • I've moved a handful of times in my life.

First was from Washington to Florida when I was like....two or three years old. Can't say much about that since I honestly don't remember anything from that time. Florida to Connecticut when I was five, I don't remember the actual move itself. Connecticut to Georgia when I was eight, I think the biggest thing about that move was leaving behind some friends (although some ended up moving to the same place as well - yay navy families). There were a few times while living there when I was told "don't get too comfortable here, don't expect to finish out middle/high school we'll probably have to move again blah blah", but...that apparently never happened!

And then a few years ago, back in 2010, I moved from Georgia up to Pennsylvania to move in with my husband. Finally got to flip out that southern weather I disliked for cooler weather (although I could do without the snow), and I moved to an area where there were places I could actually go if I desired (last place was kind of bare in terms of things to do), so...positive move there, definitely.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I've lived in the suburbs and city of NY, Connecticut, and California. I've mostly been in the same city here the majority of my life so the other moves haven't really affected me that much.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I've moved four times in recent memory. I've moved at least three other times in my childhood and maybe twice when I was little.

Years
  • Only moved houses once, but I've moved between schools several times. Couple times during elementary school because I was sent to a gifted school, and then back to a normal one because I didn't like it. And during middle school, I was doing a couple high school level classes during the morning so that meant switching 2 schools at the same time when we actually moved up the escarpment.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • I moved once, when I was in 4th grade. I used to live in a rednecky town in Ohio on the bible belt, now I live in a very rich, conservative town in Pennsylvania. Hooray?

Years
  • I've moved...six times, to my knowledge. The first time was around when my parents got divorced; my mom needed a cheaper place to live, so we moved. The second time was after my mom remarried and could afford a bigger, more expensive place. The third time was after my stepfather was laid off and got a job in North Carolina (we lived in Maryland). The fourth time came not long after the third, as my stepfather got laid off in NC and we moved back up to MD. The fifth time was because we were staying with my grandparents, one who had Alzheimer's (and was thus difficult to deal with), and needed a place of our own. The sixth time was when my stepdad found a different job in NC, so he and my mom (I was in college) moved back down.

The first two moves didn't affect me too much, as I was still young. (I also didn't have to switch schools during the second move.) The third move, however, was a huge change for me because we were living in an unfamiliar area and didn't really know anybody. After the fourth move I attended the school I went to prior to moving down to NC, and by the time we made the fifth move I was going to a different school. As for the sixth move, my parents were now an hour closer to me as opposed to seven hours, so it made traveling between their home and college much easier.

Years
  • Nope, I have lived here in the same state in Pennsylvania my whole life. But my parents lived in an area around ten minutes from my home and moved here between when my sister was born and I was.

Unless you're talking moving into a college dorm, then there's that. And I liked it xP

Years
  • I've moved twice, but that's it. Once was from my family's home to an apartment complex while it got renovated after having severe flood water damage. The second time I moved, it was back into my original home (on a different lot though and yes it's a mobile home), and I've lived in that same spot since.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I moved... meh, not so sure how many times.

Once to another city in Indonesia. Then I moved to Saudi Arabia during a crisis that befallen Indonesia. Then I moved to another city in Saudi Arabia. Then I moved back to Indonesia to the place we left to our relatives when we were escaping the crisis. Then we moved to the capital when we noticed school is too far away.

And then we finally got a new place in the same complex albeit now we're not renting the place anymore just last week.

How does it affect me? I could barely remember the years back at Saudi Arabia, and I lived most of my school years at the same place. It's not affecting me that much.

But I guarantee that when I move to a new place for college, it will certainly affect me in some way.

Years
  • I moved to my current unit block in 1999 (I think it was back then) when the complex I used to live in was damaged by a hailstorm. In fact, I didn't move that far, the complex I live in now is only just in the suburb south of where the old one was.

Back