• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Gym & Gym Leaders Discussion

Which gym leader do you like better?

• Atei

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Kamitsure

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • Yakon

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Furou

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • Hachiku

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Iris (White)

Votes: 17 18.1%
  • Shaga (Black)

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Dento, Poddo or Koon

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • Aloe

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    So we know about two gym leaders so far:

• Dento is the first Gym Leader - you fight him in Sanyo City.
    • Aloe is the second Gym Leader, a woman you fight in Shippou City.
    • It seems like Dento is the first gym leader like Brock was in Kanto (he also travels with them in the anime...just like Brock...)
    So speculate on their types :)
    Update:
    • 1st Gym: Dento, Poddo, and Kon - Grass, Fire, Water - ????? Badge - Sanyou City. All Pokemon up to Level ?? will obey.
    • 2nd Gym: Aloe - Normal - ????? Badge - Shippou City. All Pokemon up to Level ?? will obey.
    • 3rd Gym: ????? - Bug - Beetle Badge - Hiun City. All Pokemon up to Level 40 will obey.
    • 4th Gym: Kamitsure - Electric - Bolt Badge - ????? City. All Pokemon up to Level 50 will obey.
    • 5th Gym: Yakon - Ground - Quake Badge - Hodomoe City. All Pokemon up to Level 60 will obey.
    • 6th Gym: Furou - Flying - Jet Badge - Fukiyosa City. All Pokemon up to Level 70 will obey.
    • 7th Gym: Hachiku - Ice - Icicle Badge - Sekka City. All Pokemon up to Level 80 will obey.
    • 8th Gym: Iris - Dragon - Legend Badge - Souryuu City. All Pokemon will obey.

Last edited:
    Years
    Well Aloe is rumored to be steel from what I read from the rumor thread. She's also rumored to be water and grass.
    Pokebeach:
    • Aloe is the Gym Leader of Shippou City (シッポウシティ).
    • The city could be named after a religious Buddhist term for the "Seven Precious Treasures," being Gold, Silver, Pearls, Agate, Crystal, Coral, and Lapis Lazuli. Some of these have been game namesakes to boot. It can also be named after "Cloisonne," which is enamel work ("enamelware in which colored areas are separated by thin metal strips"). So the city may deal in religion or art (or perhaps uses the metal from that religious term for the enamel work). Considering Aloe is wearing a big apron, she might be a cloisonne ware maker. But none of this is confirmed yet of course!
    • Speaking of which, an "aloe" is an African flower.

Last edited:

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
    so people who dont know who she is know who she is.

I think that raising the issue of questioning the presentation of such things is more racist than presenting them.

if you draw attention to it, more people are going to complain.

Hence. ferme bouche.

I think Dento will be Bug
    and that aloe will be grass (aloe vera) :D

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    Aloe is also an african plant, possibly referring to her ethnicity. I think she's either rock or steel based on the PokeBeach article (also posted a few posts above me)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Oh wow... LOL. But anyways,
    I think she's a grass-type. I dunno why. It seems like it. Since her name means African-flower. (Where did I read that again?)
    I should have taken that off...that's was copied from PokeBeach actually...I'll go edit that part off :)
    Yeah it does, you probably read it in the Aloe thread :)

Bay

Years
    I'm pretty surprised Dento is the first gym leader you'll face in the games. At least we know a bit what role he plays in the games, though. Shall be interesting though the older protagonist(s) will be going against a gym leader younger than you (this is assuming Dento is 10/11 if going by the anime). As for Aloe, already stated it's good her being gym leader shed some light on what her role will be in the games.

Tyxomm

Akimoto-Kenta
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2010
    From the moment I saw dento in the anime preview I knew/thought he was a gym leader.

Prob. because of the lamp going on. and him being all smug after that.
    the preview

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Dento is my fav anime character, I will be piiiissed if he is bug, but yeah Aloe will definetly be grass, and don't forget the rumored electric gym in the amusement park

Years
    Just saying, we still need a Dark type gym leader....

I had a feeling that since aloe and dento were released so early they'd be early gym leaders/early encounters.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    Thats cool that Dento is the first gym leader,I was hoping he was going to have some part in the game :)
    and Aloe being the second gym leader is great news too.
    I think Dento is going to be Bug or Ground and Aloe might be Grass.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Aloe isnt dressed for Grass types, plus her outfit doesnt hint at grass like all the other grass users, shes dark typed :)

Dento.... Grass,or Bug :) if hes the first, then ill go YES! no more Rock type first XD

Dento is my fav anime character, I will be piiiissed if he is bug, but yeah Aloe will definetly be grass, and don't forget the rumored electric gym in the amusement park

wats wrong with bug types?

i know real life bugs are disgustin, totally epic fail creations, but bug pokemon are awesome :)

Last edited:

Betwixt

[ The Unknown Enigma ]
    Years
    Hmmm, this is actually quite interesting since this is the first gym leader of a region to travel with Ash since the first generation. Don't forget that they said that the games will have all new original Pokemon instead of rehashings old ones so I have high hopes for this generation. As for the types I believe Dento will be either a Normal or Dark type Gym Leader. If he's the 1st Gym Leader I don't think they'd do something so awesome as a rollercoaster theme park gym at the beginning of the game.

As for Aloe, most likely grass or rock, mostly grass.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    It would be horrible if she was a Dark type Gym Leader.

js

I think she'll be grass. :3

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2017
    If Dento is first, would it make sense for him to be a rock or steel type user? It seems that most of the games have started with a gym type that is resistant to normal-type attacks.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    Hmmm by the looks of Aloes outfit, she seems to me like a normal type trainer, but grass type looks promising too. I actually wouldnt like to see a dark type gym :P
    As for Dento, he seems to be a waiter or something so that could hint to his type

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2010
    I think that Dento will be a bug type gym and that he has that new cute kurumiru on his team ;p

Last edited:
    Back