• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Gym & Gym Leaders Discussion

Which gym leader do you like better?

• Atei

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Kamitsure

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • Yakon

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Furou

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • Hachiku

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Iris (White)

Votes: 17 18.1%
  • Shaga (Black)

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Dento, Poddo or Koon

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • Aloe

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters

The Red Chain

She's speaking the truth, to be honest. She is just some pixels.
    Yes, she is pixels, but you don't have to tell people to "get over it" for liking a character.
    Let them be, sheesh. XD

Anywho~ I think Kamitsure or Fuuro are second favorite to me. Not sure which yet, they're both pretty cool.
    Kamitsure is pretty cool because of her design and stoic expression. I like how they used the poker faced look of a model and an android as an inspiration for her.
    Electric is my second favorite type as well, so it only makes me like her more~

Fuuro is very free-spirited, and charming to say the least, and I really enjoy personalities like that.
    Her gym is hilarious as well! When else in a Pokemon game do you get shot out of a cannon and face plant into the wall right before the gym leader?
    I couldn't stop laughing at that. XDD

W Kenshi

Booyah!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2011
    And what all this Fuuro lust by some? She's like, a kid o_O

Where in the world is a kid like that...? (yeah, "Japan", but...) ¬v¬

Fuurou have on of the best designs, besides Kamitsure and the ice type gym leadre (forgot his name now). I just find awful there's not a dark gym YET.. What the purpose of dark types, if they haven't a grm, after all?

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • My favorite is Kamitsure. She and Fuuro are some hot pixels XD
    But, I think Kon comes in second for me...not quite sure, the only gym leader I dislike is Poddo.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years

• Exactly! By giving you the Monkey that has the type advantage over their Pokemon, they're forcing you to think and not make random, sporadic decisions.

They should have given the monkey as a reward for beating the trio. That would have made sooo much more sense :/

Years
  • I don't know if it's just me, or are the gym leaders in these games really easy?

My favorite of them all is Iris. I think that is because she is in the Anime as well. :P

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I don't know if it's just me, or are the gym leaders in these games really easy?

My favorite of them all is Iris. I think that is because she is in the Anime as well. :P

Her hair is over the top in the anime. I miss Dawns nice neat hair. All the girls have had crazy hair except Dawn. But Iris looks nice in game. Her hair doesn't stand out as much.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • No love for Yakon, the fifth Gym Leader? I'm not stepping into 'fanboy/girl' territory of anything (or am I?), but personally, I like him. He's got a badass, doesn't take crap from anyone atmosphere abou him. Plus...he's a Wild West cowboy or at least some representation of one. It's about time we have one of those in the games!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • No love for Yakon, the fifth Gym Leader? I'm not stepping into 'fanboy/girl' territory of anything (or am I?), but personally, I like him. He's got a badass, doesn't take crap from anyone atmosphere abou him. Plus...he's a Wild West cowboy or at least some representation of one. It's about time we have one of those in the games!
    Yakon reminds me of a character from the Original series actually...I personally like the idea of having a cowboy gym leader plus he's got emeralds in his gym (it's so a hint to R/S or E remake(s)!)

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Yakon reminds me of a character from the Original series actually...I personally like the idea of having a cowboy gym leader plus he's got emeralds in his gym (it's so a hint to R/S or E remake(s)!)

Yakon is a little weird to me.
    Plus, we all know there's gonna be an RSE remake next *rolls eyes*
    (No, seriously. It even follows a pattern. 1st gen remake in 3rd gen, 2nd gen remake in 4th gen, 3rd gen remake in 5th gen!)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I actually like Yakon's design a lot. His cowboy/western style really is unique and I would have never expected such a Gym Leader for the Pokémon games as I've never really thought about it before. He seems like a "professional cowboy" with the suitcase and all as well. :P

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I actually like Yakon's design a lot. His cowboy/western style really is unique and I would have never expected such a Gym Leader for the Pokémon games as I've never really thought about it before. He seems like a "professional cowboy" with the suitcase and all as well. :P
    You stated the vary reasons I like Yakon :)
    He really deserves more fans...

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back