• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Gym Leaders and Elite Four

Years
    Nah, you're right, it was four; I was thinking of their rematch battles, ahahahaha....

Four's a good solid number for them, so they'll probably have as many this time around~

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    I've envisioned Tate & Liza having two Kirlias and on their rematch battle Liza uses Gardevoir and Tate uses Gallade. Or maybe you tag-battle with each of them against Team Magma at the Space Station and they use the final evolved formes, so on and so forth. The parallels are perfect for their duo and I've got my fingers crossed they are implemented somehow.

Years
    I've envisioned Tate & Liza having two Kirlias and on their rematch battle Liza uses Gardevoir and Tate uses Gallade. Or maybe you tag-battle with each of them against Team Magma at the Space Station and they use the final evolved formes, so on and so forth. The parallels are perfect for their duo and I've got my fingers crossed they are implemented somehow.

I know they'll definitely keep Solrock and Lunatone, but having Gallade and Gardevoir would be interesting but I noticed that with both of these duos, one is physical-based and the other is special-based.

Tate would pretty much focus on physical while Liza would focus on special. And they did use Gallade and Gardevoir on their teams in the PWT in B2/W2 so yeah it would be nice to see because having only 2 Pokemon for a late Gym looked quite weird to me.

Years
    I wonder if the people who produced RS though, "Double Battles are difficult, so these guys are only gonna get two Pokemon!" or something XD They weren't even all that powerful and were pushovers if you had Pokemon that could deal super effective or strong neutral damage to them. Heck, just get a Pokemon with Surf and BAM! they were pretty much done for :V With four Pokemon, however, Tate & Liza were slightly more challenging. If they don't get Kirlias/Gardevoir and Gallade, I can see them having the two other Pokemon they did in Emerald (Xatu and Claydol). Love how all four of their Pokemon in Emerald are immune to Ground moves, pft.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years

I doubt they'll do the Space station scene as that was Emerald only and happened after Groudon vanished so Magma went to plan B in their evil plot which was to throw the fuel from the space station to blow up Mt. Chimney and unleash the magma in it...and in these remakes (as far as we know) only one team is evil.

Anyways I think they should have Gallade and Gardevoir as they're the seventh gym...they shouldn't have pre-evos.

Years
    I wonder if the people who produced RS though, "Double Battles are difficult, so these guys are only gonna get two Pokemon!" or something XD They weren't even all that powerful and were pushovers if you had Pokemon that could deal super effective or strong neutral damage to them. Heck, just get a Pokemon with Surf and BAM! they were pretty much done for :V With four Pokemon, however, Tate & Liza were slightly more challenging. If they don't get Kirlias/Gardevoir and Gallade, I can see them having the two other Pokemon they did in Emerald (Xatu and Claydol). Love how all four of their Pokemon in Emerald are immune to Ground moves, pft.

I have to say it's so funny that they typically lol at Ground-types due to almost everything on their team having Levitate (while Xatu is Flying-type) meaning Surf was the move of choice to hit both back in the old days.

However, 4th Gen changed Surf's mechanics to cause it to hit the user's partner meaning I guess the new strategy would be having your partner use Protect to avoid getting hit. Dark-types, despite being super-effective, were special moves back in the original games and most Dark Pokemon were physical meaning it wasn't as effective back then.

But now with the physical/special split I'm sure they can finally be used as an easy defeat for the twins. Lunatone getting Moonblast might be a good counter to those who plan to dominate with Dark-types though.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    Anyways I think they should have Gallade and Gardevoir as they're the seventh gym...they shouldn't have pre-evos.

Um... Blaine used Growlithe and Ponyta in RBY and Magmar in HGSS, Pryce used Seel, Candice used Sneasel and Piloswine, Brycen used Vanillish, and Drayden used Fraxure. I don't think it would be out of place for Tate & Liza to use Kirlias if it meant the use of parallelism with their evolutions.

Years
    Um... Blaine used Growlithe and Ponyta in RBY and Magmar in HGSS, Pryce used Seel, Candice used Sneasel and Piloswine, Brycen used Vanillish, and Drayden used Fraxure. I don't think it would be out of place for Tate & Liza to use Kirlias if it meant the use of parallelism with their evolutions.

I said "they shouldn't", not that it hasn't happened. Also it wouldn't help the parallelism they havemas (irc) Kirlia is more of a special attacker while Tate is known for having physical attacker Pokémon (which Gallade is). Liza however is a special attacker.

Years
    If Tate & Liza retain their Emerald teams, either Claydol or Xatu could be physical, though Liza is the one who has both with a physical moveset in the PWT. They could also run mixed sets, which would make them fun to deal with.

captainfez3

Old School Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2019
    Since Tate & Liza do doubles, though, they'd have to have an even number of Pokemon, otherwise one would be left out. And in Emerald they did get six! GF could always go with four; that way, they could have the Kirlia evos. plus Solrock and Lunatone~

I wish GF would have used more of the unique battle types for gyms. Single battles are great, but doubles, triples, and rotations can add a lot of strategy that would be great to work with for gyms. I think it would be great if they added under water battles and made us get teams that could Surf/Dive to battle Wallace/Juan. Aerial battles would be great for flying gym leaders too. Anything that might make you have to train some different Pokemon for a while to succeed.

edit: It's late and I'm falling asleep, but I just wanted to acknowledge the fact that I used the word "great" too many times in this post. It grates (lol) on the ears I know. Maybe I'm just a fan of Frosted flakes who knows? :P

Years
    Lol.
    I think it would be cool if they tried different battle forms. Not sure how I'll feel about Sky Battles or Underwater battles (if they make them) being a requirement.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Tate and Liza only had their two ace Pokemon in Ruby and Sapphire, Lunatine and Solrock. It was only in Emerald in which they had two additional Pokemon, so whether they decide to give them two or four idk.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    Even though I really want Tate & Liza to have Gardevoir and Gallade, I'm pretty sure GF won't change their teams, as GF is really careful with changing teams of special NPCs. (Main story only) And Phoebe's Dusclops evolved of course. And Glacia will probably have a Froslass instead of one of the Glalie.

In the Mega evolution thread, I speculated Sidney was wearing a Mega Bracelet, but with the clear artwork of Sidney uploaded yesterday, it turned out I was mistaken and it's just an accessory. Phoebe also has no Mega Stone in her ankle band.

I also want Wallace to have a Gorebyss or Ludicolo instead of Luvdisc xd.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Yeah I really can't see all E4 members having Mega Evolved Pokemon, it would just be too much. As for Glacia I definitely think she will have a Glalie and Froslass, after seeing Phoebe having Dusknoir it just shows that they are including the Gen IV evolutions.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Guys, with the release of the latest 'trailer' does anyone else think Phoebe kind of looked...childish? She's supposed to be an Elite Four Member; I want them all to be tough and intimidating and she just looked like a laid back sixteen year old. ;;

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    HNNNNNG OMG THE GYM LEADERS ARE AWESOME <3 Apparently Dewford's Gym has been redesigned, removing the Flash element, maybe hinting that Flash is no longer an HM, while the other gyms are pretty much the same. Lavaridge's gym looks different but I guess it's an update to the old RSE gym, so no biggie

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Yeah for some reason they took a perfectly fine woman and Moe'd her up(down?). Worst redesign by far.
    HNNNNNG OMG THE GYM LEADERS ARE AWESOME <3 Apparently Dewford's Gym has been redesigned, removing the Flash element, maybe hinting that Flash is no longer an HM, while the other gyms are pretty much the same. Lavaridge's gym looks different but I guess it's an update to the old RSE gym, so no biggie
    Well yeah. Its the only badge without an HM move, and they even reinstated HM status to Rock Smash. I guess GF has no idea how Flash would work without a 2D environment. But yeah, the gym change was kinda expected, no doubt about that. Hate that its now some linear switch thing, it makes Brawly's gym look even more useless and ignored. With the best gym leader in place. Anyway, about the other gyms:
    -Ruby/Sapphire Map in Rustboro Gym. Cool nod.
    -Watson's gym putting red/blue switches makes the puzzle look easier. Why GF, it was perfectly fine the first time round, why?
    -Red/Gray contrast in the Lavaridge Gym is brilliant. Best looking gym so far.
    -Those shiny floorboards in Petalburg are gonna drive me insane. They look excellent, sure, but the rest of the flat matte look of the place is too different. Make all the wood shiny god damn it!

blue

gucci
    Years
    Phoebe always struck me as somewhat immature, it's different I suppose from them all being professional trainers. It doesn't really take away the difficult of the battle, but she does seem less mature than the rest.

Back