• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Gym Leaders and Elite Four

Years
    Normal Mawile has low attack so it wouldn't be as good as Mega Mawile, and since he has Mega Metagross he can't use Mega Mawile. Though Mawile irc was the only steel type in the dex that he didn't use in the originals (not counting Registeel), so maybe.
    Actually Phoebe used all ghosts in the dex except for Shedinja...maybe she can have Banette, Dusknoir, Duskclops, Sableye, and Shedinja. Shedinja is weak though...so yeah...

He didn't use Magneton either, but that was Wattson's signature Pokemon (in RS, anyway), so that might be why it wasn't used.

As for Phoebe using Shedinja, that's sort of a bad idea. Sure, there's plenty of ways to take it down, but newer players may find they don't have any means to do so, and thus automatically lose. (Unless they last long enough to deplete all four of Shedinja's moves so it KOs itself with Struggle, anyway.)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    He didn't use Magneton either, but that was Wattson's signature Pokemon (in RS, anyway), so that might be why it wasn't used.

As for Phoebe using Shedinja, that's sort of a bad idea. Sure, there's plenty of ways to take it down, but newer players may find they don't have any means to do so, and thus automatically lose. (Unless they last long enough to deplete all four of Shedinja's moves so it KOs itself with Struggle, anyway.)

Oh yeah. Maybe Steven will have Magnezone in his team now. Back in RS it lacked attack Steel moves, but now the line has them.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Those would work well for 'Z'.

Anyways for ORAS they can be

Sidney: He can appear in cool contest as he seems like a rocker.
    Phoebe: She can appear at Mt. Pyre with her grandparents and maybe even tell us a bit about the orbs and the Primal Reversion legend.
    Glacia: She could be seen in Mossdeep, studying Shoal cave, mentioning it's the coolest part in all of Hoenn (or they could add an icy mountain...)
    Drake: He could appear at the Slateport Shipyard.

I think Sidney would pull a Malva and be a secret undercover agent of Team Magma xD Maybe in OR, you can have a chance to battle him pre-E4, and in AS, fight alongside him?

Years
    Having another E4 member be part of the region's evil organization would be cool, but I can't see it with the Hoenn E4 ;; The one who could best pull it off is Glacia: Ice types are similar to Water types (Ice is frozen water, after all), so she could be in Team Aqua. However, she just doesn't seem like the sort to be involved with them. Of course, there's the possibility of one of them being an undercover or ex-Team Rocket member; could see Sidney as one, but it's still highly unlikely.

That being said, I think it'd be neat if we could learn a bit more about the E4 members, since there doesn't seem to be too much info. on any of them.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    If any member of the Elite Four were going to interfere with Team Aqua and Team Magma it would be Phoebe. After all it is her grandparents who the teams steal the orbs from. I could see her trying to track them down to get the orbs back. She'd also probably a have a better idea what those orbs are capable of than just about any other trainer out there.

Years
    If any member of the Elite Four were going to interfere with Team Aqua and Team Magma it would be Phoebe. After all it is her grandparents who the teams steal the orbs from. I could see her trying to track them down to get the orbs back. She'd also probably a have a better idea what those orbs are capable of than just about any other trainer out there.
    I think so too. Perhaps she'll tag team with us to stop their administrators (admins) like how Barry teamed up with us against Mars and Jupiter (at least in Pt).

Years
    Guys, I have good news regarding the challenge order of the Elite Four...

Spoiler:

And I love how cool the Gyms have gotten, especially Brawly's. His has to be the most drastic change because it's now got literal exercise machines in it as opposed to the dark room it used to be in the original games.

LavenderTownGhost

Returning to Hoenn
    Years
    I can't wait to see the rest of the gym leaders. I was hoping to see a bit better of a design for Flannery, though. Granted, we can't exactly see all of her (xD), but from the parts that I can see, she looks a bit.....kiddish. Specifically in the face.

Brawly looks great! As well as Wattson. Phoebe literally looks exactly the same but regardless, it's an adorable artwork of her. :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I like how the Gym Leaders get a close-up of their over world models before the battle starts. I especially like Flannery's flustered expression because of her being a Gym Leader for a short time before the player came along.

Anyway, I noticed that Sidney's Shiftry used Leaf Blade. Glad that it got a strong Grass move other than Seed Bomb. I'm also intrigued that one of Phoebe's Dusclops has evolved into Dusknoir.

Edit: I'm also glad that the Dewford Gym got a overhaul; the pitch-black maze in the originals screwed me up.

Last edited:

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    It turns out I was wrong. Sidney was just wearing a regular watch and Phoebe is still wearing the same old anklet. Quite disappointed.

But Sidney with that really obvious watch seems REALLY fishy. Perhaps the E4 could mega evolve in rematches if there's any?

Years
    Guys, I have good news regarding the challenge order of the Elite Four...

Spoiler:

And I love how cool the Gyms have gotten, especially Brawly's. His has to be the most drastic change because it's now got literal exercise machines in it as opposed to the dark room it used to be in the original games.
    Well this the order staying the same come from? I checked the official site but couldn't find anything. Or are we jumping to conclusions here? I want the order to stay like the originals anyways xD.

Years
    It could always be possible that the golden part can be opened to reveal a Key Stone; as for Phoebe, the back of her anklet isn't shown, so that could maybe hide one. If it is the case, I would assume they wouldn't use them until post-game, unless Shiftry really isn't Sidney's ace and was just shown for other reasons. (It'd seem weird that they'd show it and not make it the ace, though.)

On the subject of Gym Leaders, loving the revamps done to Roxanne's and Flannery's gyms, and Brawly's gym's new puzzle seems pretty interesting. As for the order, it seems weird that Norman would be first. They might've just shown him first on the trailer because his is the first gym you see, but him as the first leader wouldn't make sense because it's too early in-game (unless they add another sidequest first), plus that means no fighting Slaking ;;

Years
    It could always be possible that the golden part can be opened to reveal a Key Stone; as for Phoebe, the back of her anklet isn't shown, so that could maybe hide one. If it is the case, I would assume they wouldn't use them until post-game, unless Shiftry really isn't Sidney's ace and was just shown for other reasons. (It'd seem weird that they'd show it and not make it the ace, though.)

On the subject of Gym Leaders, loving the revamps done to Roxanne's and Flannery's gyms, and Brawly's gym's new puzzle seems pretty interesting. As for the order, it seems weird that Norman would be first. They might've just shown him first on the trailer because his is the first gym you see, but him as the first leader wouldn't make sense because it's too early in-game (unless they add another sidequest first), plus that means no fighting Slaking ;;
    That thought came to me too, like a sort of locket watch. However one would think they'll have shown them Mega evolve in the screenshots considering the in game trainers with Megas use them at the start. Of course they may be beta.

I love the looks of the gym. I'm also glad to read the dialogue is still the same (or largely the same) as the originals :3.

Edit: About the order, the official site has the gym leaders in the right number from Roxanne as 1 and Norman being the fifth.

blue

gucci
    Years
    That trailer was too much! All the gyms and their Gym Leaders look beautiful, and the Elite Four is back to the ladder system which is perfect! I'm super hyped for these games now, ever more so.

Years
    That trailer was too much! All the gyms and their Gym Leaders look beautiful, and the Elite Four is back to the ladder system which is perfect! I'm super hyped for these games now, ever more so.
    Is it confirmed that they're back to ladder system? I haven't heard anything. I'll be happy if it's true though :D.

Years
    re: gym order, I didn't have a chance to check the main site yet, so that's good to hear!

Seeing as Brawly's gym got a new puzzle, do you guys think any of the remaining Gym Leaders will get a new puzzle for their gyms?

Tate & Liza's looks a bit similar to their RS gym:

Gym Leaders and Elite Four

(I know some people also speculated this could be the eighth gym because of the waterfall, but it looks like the Trainers in it are Psychics.)

Sort of hoping the eighth gym has the same puzzle; it'd look really lovely in 3D. Winona's I can see either staying the same or being changed; there's plenty GF can do for a Flying gym with the current graphics!

Years
    re: gym order, I didn't have a chance to check the main site yet, so that's good to hear!

Seeing as Brawly's gym got a new puzzle, do you guys think any of the remaining Gym Leaders will get a new puzzle for their gyms?

Tate & Liza's looks a bit similar to their RS gym:

(I know some people also speculated this could be the eighth gym because of the waterfall, but it looks like the Trainers in it are Psychics.)

Sort of hoping the eighth gym has the same puzzle; it'd look really lovely in 3D. Winona's I can see either staying the same or being changed; there's plenty GF can do for a Flying gym with the current graphics!
    I think some would get redesigns.

I think that is Liza and Tate's. I liked the teleportation tiles but it looks beautiful anyways so I'm fine with it :3

Years
    Well nothing has been confirmed as of yet, but the images seem to definitely look that way. There's doors which lead me to believe you progress through the rooms as you did in the original RSE games.

I hope so. Of course, the doors could lead to a central room with the remaining three doors...hopefully not though.
    The rooms looks similar to the original, actually both so far do.

Back