• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Gym Leaders and Elite Four

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    I certainly hope they'll retain Tate and Liza as a double battle, instead of the PWT format (I see a possibility of Tate being exclusive to one version and Liza the other).

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I certainly hope they'll retain Tate and Liza as a double battle, instead of the PWT format (I see a possibility of Tate being exclusive to one version and Liza the other).

I hope so too. I expect they will as even in PWT the guy who knows something about all the gym leaders says they work better as a team. So we'll see them team up again. I hope that Tate and Liza will wear something somewhat different. Maybe Tate will wear blue and Liza red in tribute of the Lati twins (which happen to be psychic typed twins (well in the anime they're twins but they may not always be twins)). Also maybe make Tate more visibility boyish as some thought that they were both girls >_<.

Years
    Glacia:
    Dewgong for Glacia would be great replacement for the second Sealeo (although it reminds me of Lorelei a bit, since that's what Lorelei leads with during her initial Elite Four matches). On the subject of Glacia, I'm hoping she's retconned as being from Sinnoh, with it being a cold/wintry area and Glacia being from a distant land (a connection which some people speculated during Generation 4, as I recall; would work great for a wonderful "early-bird" mention, in my opinion). On the flip-side, Dewgong would mean yet another chance for Glacia to abuse Sheer Cold and Horn Drill (as Dewgong tend to do in Hoenn's Battle Frontier).. I don't think Mega Walrein is needed (I'm torn..I want more toughness, but it was irritating already merely trying to two-hit knock out (2HKO) Walrein in the Battle Frontier with the constant threat of Sheer Cold, and more bulk/strength will only worsen my Walrein nightmares XD), although if Salamence and Metagross are getting one (with Sidney and Phoebe already having viable Mega Evolutions introduced in Pokemon X and Y), I guess it fits.

For some reason I want her to be related to Wulfric. Distant land, winter environment, peaceful location like herself, and I feel like he could be her older brother or something. Since Hoenn was referenced a lot in Kalos, I would hope that Glacia has an Avalugg on her team as well with Ice Body. Might be a bit far fetched, but I would like that. (Walrein [mega {not on first go of course}], Froslass, Glalie, Dewong, and Avalugg)

Am I the only one that hopes they "unlock" a new biome of ice types? Besides shoal cave...
    I know Hoenn is the tropical region, and I LOVE that, but I want a place to find some nice ice types in a nice frozen environment. Since they're expanding the Hoenn dex, they're going to probably have more ice types. Do you think Shoal cave is an appropriate place for them to be housed in?
    P.S. From what I recall I haven't seen any snow on the Hoenn map.
    Gym Leaders and Elite Four

All those clouds do leave me "sceptile" (=skeptical.... badum tsssss)

Last edited by a moderator:

Years
    Am I the only one that hopes they "unlock" a new biome of ice types? Besides shoal cave...
    I know Hoenn is the tropical region, and I LOVE that, but I want a place to find some nice ice types in a nice frozen environment. Since they're expanding the Hoenn dex, they're going to probably have more ice types. Do you think Shoal cave is an appropriate place for them to be housed in?
    P.S. From what I recall I haven't seen any snow on the Hoenn map.
    Gym Leaders and Elite Four

All those clouds do leave me "sceptile" (=skeptical.... badum tsssss)

You're not alone. I want an island with a tall mountain with ice pokémon at the peak to be added.

I see Glacia having Glaceon...I think Glaceon and her share a name in different languages.

Years
    Of all the official Gym Leader and E4 artwork, Winona's, Tate & Liza's, and Glacia's are the ones I'm most looking forward to. I'm really loving what GF did to Brawly, and I also like how Flannery and Phoebe look, so I'm hoping the aforementioned four look good as well!

I see Glacia having Glaceon...I think Glaceon and her share a name in different languages.

Yes, they do! Glaceon's Japanese name is Glacia :3

Years
    If they add the eevee line to the Hoenn dex I for sure see her getting it for the translanguage pun xD. Plus Hoenn is the only region to lack eevee in all of it's dexes thus far (RSE's).

If they keep the order the same as the originals it'll be difficult. As to defeat Sidney we'll need fighting, bug, and fairy types. Yet next is Phoebe who's Pokémon resist bug, and aren't affected by fighting types, so Fairies are our friends...yet one of the ones we know will be available is Gardevoir, a part psychic. Sure we can back up our team with Dark types too but with Sableye we hit a wall. Imagine if they give her Sableye Prankster. Then comes Glacia who we can use fire types...I hope they give Walrein surf or some strong water move it can learn. Also if she pushes us she could end up KOing our any Dragon types we're saving up against Drake, Against Drake we can use our Fairies. Yet Steven will kill them...same with any ice types we may have on us. If Mega Metagross is strong it could take down Mega Blaziken and heal... so Mega Swampert is our friend...but Cradlily may come back...Mega Sceptile would be stalled...goodness I see myself getting a lot of revives...

Btw about the map wasn't the battle Frontier where the right cloud is? If so it probably won't have any routes linking to it.

Years
    If they keep the order the same as the originals it'll be difficult. As to defeat Sidney we'll need fighting, bug, and fairy types. Yet next is Phoebe who's Pokémon resist bug, and aren't affected by fighting types, so Fairies are our friends...yet one of the ones we know will be available is Gardevoir, a part psychic. Sure we can back up our team with Dark types too but with Sableye we hit a wall. Imagine if they give her Sableye Prankster. Then comes Glacia who we can use fire types...I hope they give Walrein surf or some strong water move it can learn. Also if she pushes us she could end up KOing our any Dragon types we're saving up against Drake, Against Drake we can use our Fairies. Yet Steven will kill them...same with any ice types we may have on us. If Mega Metagross is strong it could take down Mega Blaziken and heal... so Mega Swampert is our friend...but Cradlily may come back...Mega Sceptile would be stalled...goodness I see myself getting a lot of revives...

Azumarill's also available, so that would work as a good counter to Sableye! Also, I don't think I've ever seen any non-facility Trainer use a Pokemon with their HA, so if I'm not wrong and GF keeps it that way, Sableye probably won't get Prankster. (Which is fortunate, haha.)

Back to Azumarill, it could take down most of Sidney's Pokemon with ease. With Phoebe I don't think it'll be running any Ghost or Dark moves, but Play Rough would be good for Sableye. Against Glacia, it has Superpower, though it'll need another team member or two to switch with to nullify the Attack and Defense drops. Azumarill can deal with Drake with Play Rough. Against Steven, it has Superpower, though with Metagross it'll definitely need another teammate.

Years
    Fairy type makes the Elite Four of Hoenn much less intimidating, haha. Will certainly try and have one in my team, especially for Sidney, because prior to Unova I didn't like any fighting types, so dark Pokemon always gave me trouble. Since Phoebe was confirmed to own a Dusknoir in ORAS, I think it wouldn't be a stretch to say that Glacia gets a Froslass. Maybe Phoebe has one instead, and Glacia uses Mega Abomasnow?

Years
    If Move Tutors do return and keep a lot of the same Move Tutor moves in BW2, Azumarill can learn Knock Off, which is much better thanks to the boost in power. That'd help it deal with the Ghosts, though it's not a move it typically runs XD

Back to E4, I see Froslass as a part of Glacia's team more than I see it as one of Phoebe's, especially since Glacia has two Glalie. One of those Glalie can be replaced with the yuki-onna, and then Walrein could be replaced with Abomasnow. If all the E4 turn out to have Megas, then I can definitely see her Mega Evolving that yeti.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    It looks like Phoebe was granted a Dusclops promotion to Dusknoir. Thankfully. I'd get tired of battling Dusclops twice and Banette twice like the original games. This makes me wonder if she'll have a Mega Banette/Sableye, though. If she does, then I can see the others also splurging on some evolutions + team changes + Mega Evolutions. Makes me excited just thinking about it!

All the gym leaders currently seem to have kept their signature Pokemon. I wonder if this means Winona, Tate&Liza, and the last Gym Leader have either changed positions, gotten replaced, or swapped their signature like Phoebe.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Talking about redesigns, I loved Roxanne, most of all, along with Brawly. I wasn't really impressed by Flannery, Wattson, and Norman, but what the hay, they seem to look cool. Phoebe is just cute <3, Sidney is just... wow. He looks devilish >.>

I can't wait to see Winona, Tate & Liza, Juan and/or Wallace, Glacia, and Drake.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    Talking about redesigns, I loved Roxanne, most of all, along with Brawly. I wasn't really impressed by Flannery, Wattson, and Norman, but what the hay, they seem to look cool. Phoebe is just cute <3, Sidney is just... wow. He looks devilish >.>

I can't wait to see Winona, Tate & Liza, Juan and/or Wallace, Glacia, and Drake.

Flannery is disappointing, to say the least. But her tomboyish looks are what made me adore her in the first place. Brawly looks flipping amazing, I love him so much.

I imagine Glacia and Drake will look somewhat the same, since Phoebe and Sidney hardly changed at all except for a deranged look in the latter's eye.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I wish Glacia would look a tad bit younger. I kinda remember her being a little bit old, that's why I'm not really fond of her :P

Years
    Old? Her official RSE art shows a face without wrinkles. She seems as old as Lorelei.
    Steven didn't changed that much either (I didn't comment on his redesign much when they showed it quite a ways back).

Years
    They're all OK. I didn't expect a lot of change anyways, it's refreshing to see the more "up-to-date" art of the gym leaders and E4.

Back