• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Gym Leaders

Years
  • I only had trouble with two leaders: Whitney and Morty.

Whitney was all because of her Milktank. That thing was a pain with the Rollouts and stuff. Took awhile :<

And Morty just kept putting my pokemon to sleep or confusing them >:(

Years
  • I made my team in aligns with the gym leaders to sweep them, so blue was the only one that troubled me. Feraligatr was my main sweeper though.

katmanic

PokéManiac
    Years
  • I think the only one I had a problem with was Morty. He kept using Curse and Confuse Ray, which was a real pain in the neck at the time. >.<

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • I had no trouble with any of the gym leaders, but I simply hate Morty's gym- it's soo dark and I always fall from the edge, it took me a long time to get to Morty~

TehPsychicTypeMaster

"I See Greatness In You..."
    Years
  • The gym leaders weren't too bad for me, the only problem I had was Clair and her annoying Kingdra >.<. If I recall correctly the entire battle between my Typhlosion and her Kingdra lasted roughly 15-20 minutes.

MysticFlygon

Rookie Hacker
    Years
  • The only gym leader I've lost to up to this point was Misty. I was training some lower leveled(mid 40's) Pokemon and decided to challenge her gym. I almost won but her Starmie got the best of me. I also lost to Sabrina in the rematch if that counts.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
  • The only person who i had trouble with was that guy under the water fall (chuck i think?) and maybe blue. Chuck took some serious grinding...

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • They were all easy except Whitney and Jasmine x; Whitney. Her Miltank was horrible to verse, Stomp and Milk Drink... Urgh. And Jasmine and her defensive team. I had no pokmemon that were super effective, in fact all my pokemon were not very effective.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2021
    Whitney was my only big problem as well...Miltank to be specific. Clair was a pain in the butt too but still beatable first go.

Years
  • When I caught the Red Gyarados I had no problems with Claire. I had to revive once and use a few hyper potions but my Gyarados was 6 levels lower than her strongest pokemon! I was pretty proud of it :) I did however have a lot of trouble withe fighting gym. Took me 3 tries til I got it!!
    About to take on the Elite Four but I have some serious training to do!

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2011
    I swept almost all of the leaders with Typhlosion, Red Gyarados, and Snorlax (Earthquake ftw). :> (but ffffffff Witney, I needed to use that in-game trade with Machop to finish her :E)

Ghostrk9

learning new information!
    Years
  • well i had some trouble with clair cause of my jynxs low defense like very low but the others were a breeze

Way Turner

Special Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • I got stuck with Whitney so l went out of the gym and back to the Ilex forest for some training. When l finally leveled up a bit l decided to go back for a new try and this time was she chanceless...after that l kept me prepared for more tough fights like Lt. Surge since l chosed Totodile as starter.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    I kinda disappointed to myself for my spartan train method. The Gym Leader become too easy to beat(except Sabrina, Whitney, Falkner because I start with Chikorita and don't have additional Pokemon until goldenrod) and lose the epic feel in battle(the battle music is epic, yes)

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Stealing GlitchCity's images.
    Gym Leaders

> Beat him without too much trouble.

Gym Leaders

> Pretty easy.

Gym Leaders

> Easy as pie. People kept saying she was difficult, but I don't think so.

Gym Leaders

> Ohgod. He's where I ran into trouble. Took me a few tries to beat him.

Gym Leaders

> Pretty easy.

Gym Leaders

> SIMPLE

Gym Leaders

> Gahh a bit troublesome.

Gym Leaders

> Not to bad, but kind of difficult.

Novia

Psyduck Fangirl <3
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2011
    I didn't have much trouble with the gym leaders until Claire. She was really hard for me, I'm not sure how many tries it took me but it was definitely more than what it took for everyone before and after her (excluding the Elite Four and Red of course).

Back