• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Habits in Pokemon games

Jack Kentnon

Derp Trainer
Years
  • I only use the starter until i find a suitable replacement

I rarely if ever use Normal or Fighting type

I rarely if ever nickname my Pokemon.

I always make sure my pokemon are not only the same level, but also atleast higher or on par with the trainers in the aera.

I save twice, not because of i'm parinoid, but because of my short memory.

I save before and after each Elite Four

I MUST have a Fire type

I always make sure my pokemon have a STAB move

I keep attacks like Leer or Growl for as long as possible

I treat Rare Candy's like emergency revives.

I endup holding ALOT of crap, that I don't ever use

I avoid HM slaves

Atleast once a generation, I try to fill the Pokedex. Got really close last generation.

That's about it.

Last edited:

Spanner226

Millefiore Mechanic
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2011
    I have a few habits:

-It doesn't matter when, but I must have a dragon pokemon in my team
    -I require a Lapras in my team
    -I do not care about gender in my team
    -I always name Reshiram Byakuran(KHR reference)
    -I use special attack-based pokemon most of the time
    -etc.

Years
  • -I level grind. Big-time.

-I always keep my starter, and it's usually my most-used team member.

-Whenever I get a new Pokemon on my team, I usually drop everyting I'm doing, and go level it up until its level is close to or matches that of the rest of my team.

-I always name my Eevee "Eeveekins" until I evolve it. As soon as it evolves, my first task is booting it to the Name Rater ASAP so I can give it back its proper name.

-I collect every item I can, even though I rarely use the majority of them and they end up taking up space in my bag (which at least isn't a problem in 4th-gen-and-up games).

-In G/S/C, I always evolved my Cyndaquil into its final form in Team Rocket's Mahogany Town hideout. I broke this trend on my first playthrough of HeartGold – I didn't end up evolving Quilava until she'd reached Level 38 and I'd long since trashed the hideout. To be fair, I didn't stop her evolution, at least not the traditional way – she grew to Level 36 and 37 while in my PokeWalker.

-I'm very particular with the genders of my starter Pokemon. Certain starters can only be a specific gender when I pick them; others, it doesn't matter. Cyndaquil and Piplup need to be female; Torchic, Chimchar and Tepig are strictly male; Charmander and Mudkip I prefer to be female but I'll take a male if they give me one; everyone else, I'll take either gender.

-I also like to keep my teams gender-balanced, although sometimes it fails (my old Crystal team had no males; my White team is very male-heavy). If I have too much of one gender on my team, I try to make the next Pokemon I catch of the opposite gender.

-In the third-generation games, I organized my PC boxes by level. I always set aside the last box for Pokemon that I'd be trading.

-I have yet to start with a grass-type starter.

-I always have to have a water-type on my team. I have yet to find one for my White team, though…

-I'll admit, I use HM slaves. The only HM I bother teaching a permanent team member is Surf – and I always teach this move to my main water-type Pokemon.

PokéTravellerNumber13

A Multi-Diamensional Traveller
    Years
  • > I will always have my starter with me no matter what

> I have to have my team around the same level, althought my starter will always be between 2-5 levels higher

> I have to collect ALL items, I seek them out just so i've got it

> I always save in a Pokémon Centre, although there is an exception ...

> ... my save exception is to save before the E4, between every person in the E4 and after the E4

> In my PC Pokémon are arranged by level, when I get to a new Town/City I have to go and reorder them if i've caught more

> My first box is ALWAYS left for team rearrangements (so I always have to think when battling due to always having a slightly different team)

> The last 2 boxes are ALWAYS reserverd for trading, second to last is for Pkmn that are ready to trade, last box is for Pkmn that people have suggested for a trade

> If someone wants to trade, I will seek out a second version and keep that, giving the original, unless its a Team Pokémon (Box or not)

> I NEVER nickname, and any Pokémon I get from in-game trading will usually go in the PC beacuse of them having a nickname

> If i'm down to my last Pokémon or the majority are serverly injured, I will turn back to the last Town/City to heal them, even if i have to cross lots of grass

> In the case of the last one, I will automatically flee from wild encounters as soon as they appear, usually without thinking

> My current team will be ordered by level: Lowest, then Highest to second Lowest

> As soon as I enter a battle I switch out for another Pokémon

> When being attacked and losing HP, I tilt the GBC, DSlite (soon to be 3DS) to the right to try and reduce the damage

> When attacking I do the opposite, I tilt the GBC, DSlite (soon to be 3DS) to the left to try and increase the damage

> I speak to my Pokémon out loud (like the Anime), either to eger them on when attacking, apoligise and tell they did good when they faint, tell them to 'come on, don't worry, try again' if they miss

> In the older Gen's I would have my bag arranged in usefulness, usually in the formation of
    [Pokéballs/Potions/Revives/StatusHealing/Map/HMs/TMs/Others/Bike]
    > In the older Gen's, HMs and TMs had to be in numberical order

> In my bagevertything has to by in alphabetical order

I think there's more but i've already said too much *hehe* and I cant remember them at the moment

Back