• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Contest: [HACK-A-LONG] Beginners competion! #HA3 Practise your Scripting!~join now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Ahh good catch! I would not have noticed that, but makes total sense why that happened.
Went back and fixed the mart roofs, as well as my house with the bike shop roof (I was just mixing and matching for that part, but for consistency I corrected it, had to block edit boulders out of the background)

Progress: [COMPLETE]

Boom! You're a pro-block editor now :). All tasks complete, I'll ship you an emblem once they're uploaded to the server~

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 2, 2015
i litterally just read a intro to rom hacking and got a couple programs for doing this is it to late to enter? i'd like someone to look at my work and tell me how i do(assuming im capable of doing any of it)

as a complete noob though i unforuntately do have to ask how to even edit the IPS patch i barely had 10 minutes so far to learn anything.

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
i litterally just read a intro to rom hacking and got a couple programs for doing this is it to late to enter? i'd like someone to look at my work and tell me how i do(assuming im capable of doing any of it)

as a complete noob though i unforuntately do have to ask how to even edit the IPS patch i barely had 10 minutes so far to learn anything.

It's not too late to submit one yet! You should try at least c:

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Ok I gave this a go but tbh I gave up on the trees in the block edit task because I simply just do not get it. Like, I couldn't find the tiles/textures for it?

http://www57.zippyshare.com/v/gJuWTsl6/file.html

Hello! :D

Spoiler:

think i got it not really sure if i made the patch right (or did anything right really) but check please xD http://download674.mediafire.com/eb34g55tbdog/p8cpmcpo8pr3srh/HAWEEK1finish.ips

Had a look at yours too!~

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 2, 2015
Had a look at yours too!~

Spoiler:

i'm not really sure what you mean here as this was my first ever attempt at messing with any rom the explination of my mistake is a little over my head sorry

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
i'm not really sure what you mean here as this was my first ever attempt at messing with any rom the explination of my mistake is a little over my head sorry

No worries! Let me help you :) ----->

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
Here. First part was eh, I don't enjoy map making so didn't fix up some of the tiles over the place that messed up. Finally worked out block editing though which was nice. Still need to work out Tile Insertion though but that is just beyond me for the moment, but it was a nice start. Been working a bit more on Emerald though.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Here. First part was eh, I don't enjoy map making so didn't fix up some of the tiles over the place that messed up. Finally worked out block editing though which was nice. Still need to work out Tile Insertion though but that is just beyond me for the moment, but it was a nice start. Been working a bit more on Emerald though.

I'm just about to have a look :) I'll edit this post with my feedback~

You know about your mapping errors already - since I haven't penalised anyone else for that mistake you're all done!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2016
Good day,

As a fellow new member to this community I wanted to contribute my part by sending my ips.
I hope that I will be able to succeed for all the 3 tasks.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Good day,

As a fellow new member to this community I wanted to contribute my part by sending my ips.
I hope that I will be able to succeed for all the 3 tasks.

Hello!

There are a few oddities in your patch, for some reason your movement permissions don't work as they should (you can run across the water despite [4] being selected). One thing to note - where you have used [0] as your default permission, its typically [C] instead. [0] is used to join height levels together, but your other permissions are correct so...

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I did it?!

Wow! Anyhow, sorry, I patched it wrong earlier and got confused. :P Here's what I did though.^
This was my first time block editing so I watched a video on how to do it, hope I did it right. :I

Something is wrong with your patch ): an error occurs on opening it in Advance Map. Can you check it out yourself and upload another patch? :) Make sure you're using a FR 1.0 ROM.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 2, 2015
No worries! Let me help you :) ----->

Spoiler:
this is way over my head i give up also my advance map doesnt have the panels you have im 1.92 just gonna watch youtube vids also i looked back at my other maps and they are now completely whacked out random tiles all over

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
this is way over my head i give up also my advance map doesnt have the panels you have im 1.92 just gonna watch youtube vids also i looked back at my other maps and they are now completely whacked out random tiles all over

Try this one. Whilst 1.95 might look a little different, I believe the block editor works the same, just the DOWN/UP bit is moved to the left, rather than the right.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 2, 2015
Last edited:

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Something is wrong with your patch ): an error occurs on opening it in Advance Map. Can you check it out yourself and upload another patch? :) Make sure you're using a FR 1.0 ROM.

I've bee trying to get my laptop to work for 10 minutes without it responding, don't know how it worked this morning when I made that patch. I'll try to fox it when this darn thing works. >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back