• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Month 2008] [BETA 2 OUT!] POKéMON MARBLE - The long life - 4/1/08

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
    You mean beta 6... And yea it's gonna be a long time before it comes out as this one is going to have alot of new updates on it.
    No, beta 3. I've done 4 releases (in that case it would be 5th) but they were 1, 1.1, 2, 2.1, being x.1 bugfixes of version x.

And it's going to take a long time, specially because from now on the hack is officially on hold until the 27th of June, because of the exams, which doesn't mean I can't do something from time to time.

Still, I may check the thread from time to time as I'm always open for suggestions, questions and debates.

SilentWing

クロバット
    Years
    When I use the link as directed in the first post, I only see a beta 1.1, not a beta 2.1. I tried refreshing, too (and the downloaded file says 1.1, the readme says 1.1, etc).

Where can I find 2.1?

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
    When I use the link as directed in the first post, I only see a beta 1.1, not a beta 2.1. I tried refreshing, too (and the downloaded file says 1.1, the readme says 1.1, etc).

Where can I find 2.1?
    Wah must have lost something and went back to an older version or something like that...
    I just alerted Xiros about it, and told him to post here when it's fixed.

Sorry for the inconveniences.

-------------

Also, although I've been on a break/studying, from time to time I'm doing stuff. Changed the flag of the kayuko key script and seemed to work started a new game to check if it gives the key. Also just noticed I stuffed up the belly dance minigame somehow (?) so gotta put it again. I hope it's just a matter of copypaste and nothin else. [edit]Just noticed I overwrote it with part of the rainbowpolis tileset pic. my bad. But, copypasting will do the work[/edit][edit2]Don't panic, everything's awright[/edit2]
    Also, made a Pokémon belonging to other region. Croisumo, sumo Pokémon, fighting type.
    (this is like when you were still playing red and you saw pictures of marill and pichu)
    [Hack of the Month 2008] [BETA 2 OUT!] POKéMON MARBLE - The long life - 4/1/08

-picture may change a bit-

After doing it I had an idea for a new minigame for which you'll need a croisumo, and if you beat it it'll evolve. I have though two ways of doing that, one directly and another indirectly, but both require ASM, so it won't depend on me. before I ask anyone (except kawa, who said he'd help but he can't asm much so nay) I gotta test some things.
    [Edit]Only finding the beauty byte requires a hell of a lot of calculus. I think I'll just create a new stone just for it.[/edit.]

Last edited:

~Edo~

Yu-Gi-Oh GX & Edo Phoenix Fan
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2023
    Hi Baro ^^
    This hack's very nicee!
    scripts: Exelents
    tiles: good
    palets: good
    Luke!
    Good Byee!

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
    No, I'm editing the pokemon's height in battle. Some of them (bethin, ankory, tikika) were too low and now you couldn't see them (also, caused errors in quick learn[sketch]). Now all of them are centered in the land.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    It looks good, although I haven't gotten to it yet; I'm still playing your other hack, Quartz. I have to say though, I love most of your new pokemon (fakemon is such a harsh word) EXCEPT your starters, but, so far so good. EDIT: I'm stupid though to say your starters are bad, I'm an amature, I don't even know how to do movement scripts, I'm a terrible mapper, scripter, and spriter... well my point is, sorry for insulting your starters. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    i tried to hack pkmn marble (didn't work so i had 2 redownload) an now when i try 2 save it says delete backup memory. what do i do help me!!!!!!!! -litterally rips hair out- hey 5 pieces of dna cool!

That is really pathetic...
    U shouldn't really hack someone else's hack...

Unless for a necessary reason...

~ON-TOPIC~
    So, how is everything going Teh Baro?
    I'm really looking forward to see some more updates! ^^
    GL!

Fendaril

Novice Mario 64 hacker.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2010
    And you're asking me to help you?
    Pathetic.

If he was smart he would have used poke-edit and poke-starter and hacked for rayquaza. But of course he is too retarded to know where to download.

Back