• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack of the Week 2010

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
  • Damn, all 3 hacks I support are eligible...and I like them equally.

Well, then, since I already voted previously for EnCODED (though the vote failed) and Sacred Fire's gonna surely get many other votes, I vote for Shimmering Tempest.

For its interesting template, originality and storyline concepts.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I vote for shimmering tempest because it has an organized appearence, an awesome storyline, total originality, cool screenies, and because i made like 5 of the banners up there XD

Forget that last thing I said XD

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
    Years
  • Sacred fire, and not just because it features me!
    The scripting, for a start, is heavily prioritized (which to me is one of the most important parts to a hack).
    Mapping wasn't neglected, however, and the result is flawless.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • Hey megiddo, can you please change my name from Infernal Contraption/Esmas to Vesper, please? It's Hack of the Week #39: Pokémon DarkRed Version.

Oh, and I'll vote for Pokémon Soul Charm. It seems like a decent hack that's fit for HotM. :)

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Oh, and I'll vote for Pokémon Soul Charm. It seems like a decent hack that's fit for HotM. :)
    thats an awesome reason. lol

anyways i vote for sacred fire.
    there are awesome screenies, maps are neat, natural looking, tiles are good looking.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
  • I vote for Pokemon Dusk: Roar of Darkrai.

Although I and the Darkstars team had a little scuffle with the owner, I think that It has potential to become a great hack. The map have a lot of effort in it, along with the fact that they are pretty natural and good. From what I have seen, the story is interesting, and the scripts are average/good. Generally, It's the hack that actually looks actually decent this week then compared to others, although it has the generic, " become the pokemon league champion" ring to it.

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
  • I'm going to vote for Pokemon Sacredfire. I loved the inventive scripts and the humor while I played the hack, and the graphics have a very comfortable feel to them as well.

PokeBal33

Learning how to hack..
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2009
    I vote for gREEN SAHPIRE for
    a great title screen
    cool events
    AWESOME how your starter EEVEE fallows you!
    and nice tiles

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2009
    I vote for Green Sapphire cuze itz so asowmer game a title screen, and eevee is a favorite pokeman
    Also, the storyline hooked me in.

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
  • Pokemon Soul Charm
    Awesome BootScreen
    Awesome Titlescreen
    I like the OW (interesting although unoriginal)
    The story is cool
    Good choice of tiles (for the time-being)

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
    Years
  • The winner is SacredFire with 8 votes.
    Green Sapphire and Soul Charm each had 3 votes. Shimmering Tempest had 2 votes. Dusk had 1 vote.

Editing.

Last edited:

dragonface

Check out Elite version
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    I vote for Green Sapphire again. Same reasons as the last like 3 weeks. Outstanding title screen. Cool boot screen. Interesting story line. and of course the new feature.... EEVEE fallowing you!

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
  • I'm voting for Zap Arctic Molten.
    R/B/Y hacks are one thing I have a love for.
    These three have some great title screens.
    I also love the new and improved Overworlds.
    The map screen provides a more detailed view on the region.
    And finally, the characters are actually nicely detailed.

I Won't Give in with my vote, Its a truly great hack.

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
    Years
  • The winner is SacredFire with 8 votes.
    Green Sapphire and Soul Charm each had 3 votes. Shimmering Tempest had 2 votes. Dusk had 1 vote.

Editing.

Oh awesome! Didn't think I'd win. ^_^
    (And dang, I'm surprised I got 8 votes and my biggest competitors got 3. o_O)

Well anyways, my vote has to go to Mythic Legends.

Mythic Legends has a storyline I feel is interesting. The scripting is very good. Most people aren't that good at scripting. His ideas are fresh as well.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Why is Pokemon Pikachu Yellow: Special Pikachu Edition not a viable option for voting? I personally think it's superior to all the other hacks there, I guess that's just my thoughts.

I'm voting for it anyway, because it's the greatest hack of all time. kthnx.

Back