• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2011] Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I already tried to open the rom with Advancemap but it shows an error so I first thought that DJG blocked the function to edit the rom with Advancemap (that is possible somehow)
but well, I wouldn't even know what to change because I don't know anything about romhacking anymore
I did romhacking like 2 or 3 years ago but I stopped it and I don't remember anything so I wouldn't even been able to fix the bug if I could open the rom^^

open it with a hex editor, and then...
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 15, 2015
Hello, I'm newbie here.
I tried to patch the ROM using Tsukuyomi but the result is always "failed! input checksum is invalid"
I download the clean Ruby ROM (1.0) and follow the guide to patch also, step by step.
There is no problem patching the first and the second of this series.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 19, 2014
Can someone help me I've been looking all over for a squirtle, although im not sure what part of rintah path. Is it the regaler part of the part of grass behind the plane. Thank you.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Can someone help me I've been looking all over for a squirtle, although im not sure what part of rintah path. Is it the regaler part of the part of grass behind the plane. Thank you.

Squirtle is located in the forest of Rintah Path.
To get there, go inside D.O. aircraft and press 'A' on the hole on the wall, so it'll teleport you to the other side of the route.

Isn't RHEA easier option? =D

Never tried that tool before. =/

Hello, I'm newbie here.
I tried to patch the ROM using Tsukuyomi but the result is always "failed! input checksum is invalid"
I download the clean Ruby ROM (1.0) and follow the guide to patch also, step by step.
There is no problem patching the first and the second of this series.

You probably have the wrong Ruby ROM.
So far, I know there are two versions of Ruby ROMs out there. The one with the MUGS intro and the one without it. And then there are two versions of Ruby without that MUGS intro. =/
You are going to have to continue looking for the right Ruby ROM, since the UPS Patcher checks the ROM you're patching if it's the correct one or not.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 19, 2014
Thank you, I've been looking for 30 minutes but still no squirtle. BTW where can I find a bulbasaur I haven't battled one yet so it doesn't show up in the pokedex.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Thank you, I've been looking for 30 minutes but still no squirtle. BTW where can I find a bulbasaur I haven't battled one yet so it doesn't show up in the pokedex.

Dawn Path, the western route from Rintah Town. :3
Also, I just checked. Squirtle is on the normal route east from Rintah Town, not inside the aircraft, nor in the forest.

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
I have received Shaymin and Chaomega just now and I'm training for the last symbol and the League, but there is a question when I "obtained" Chaomega.

Jayson had already said Chaomega is very important for the world as the gatekeeper of the Tower of Fate and the guardian of order and chaos. When I said "Yes" about trying to catch Chaomega, I found a Lv. 5 Chaomega in my box (with the most weird and strongest attack ever). I'm sure this is not the Chaomega in this timeline, but a young one from a another timeline/dimension (maybe a another "false" timeline, like Chaomega and Breatherna hinted because we have defied the fate Zah would corrupt the player). But would this "Obtaining" destroy the world where the young Chaomega comed from, the one we are allowed to train?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Never tried that tool before. =/
Heeeeeeeeeeeeee?! o.O So... you seriously locked the ROM through hex editing? :D
I thought you were just RHEA'ding it =D

I have received Shaymin and Chaomega just now and I'm training for the last symbol and the League, but there is a question when I "obtained" Chaomega.

Jayson had already said Chaomega is very important for the world as the gatekeeper of the Tower of Fate and the guardian of order and chaos. When I said "Yes" about trying to catch Chaomega, I found a Lv. 5 Chaomega in my box (with the most weird and strongest attack ever). I'm sure this is not the Chaomega in this timeline, but a young one from a another timeline/dimension (maybe a another "false" timeline, like Chaomega and Breatherna hinted because we have defied the fate Zah would corrupt the player). But would this "Obtaining" destroy the world where the young Chaomega comed from, the one we are allowed to train?
Yep, it's the one you are allowed to train.
That weird attack is Chao's signature move.

Years
Is someone making a german patch? would be really cool. Its enough if just the pokemon and the items and the attacks are german.. is that possible?

pokefancore

Asura, God of Madness
Years
Okay im new here and just gonna try this hack :)
basing on the comments i should have fun..

and i think ur making a trilogy of this? :)

GGhater

GG Hater
Years
this hack is completely awesome but one thing that i really don't like is how you have to keep returning to your hometown and you have to run back because you don't have HM Fly

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
this hack is completely awesome but one thing that i really don't like is how you have to keep returning to your hometown and you have to run back because you don't have HM Fly

You'll get it soon anyway. Running back-to-back is natural. After all, it IS an rpg game :)

Last edited:

pokefancore

Asura, God of Madness
Years
I dowloaded the ips file of this, patch it but
at the moment it starts.. a black green background appears
it says success(like something just patch) then it just freezez there..
im using android phone someone help!!

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I dowloaded the ips file of this, patch it but
at the moment it starts.. a black green background appears
it says success(like something just patch) then it just freezez there..
im using android phone someone help!!

um...
press 'A' to continue?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 15, 2015
You probably have the wrong Ruby ROM.
So far, I know there are two versions of Ruby ROMs out there. The one with the MUGS intro and the one without it. And then there are two versions of Ruby without that MUGS intro. =/
You are going to have to continue looking for the right Ruby ROM, since the UPS Patcher checks the ROM you're patching if it's the correct one or not.
[/QUOTE]

thank you!
I've found the solution, I use some tool to remove the intro in normal ROM.
So far there is no problem with the game.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back