• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and it seems amazing.
I've been playing pkmn light platinum on my iPhone for a while now ( english version ), but i've read around that a 1.1 version is available, and it contains important fixes and new stuff. How can i find out if my version is the latest? is it really important to have the 1.1 version?
I'm currently struggling to beat the first League, trying to level up my pkmns..
Thanks in advance
Marco ( sorry for my english )
Bot you are not a up to date fan. There is a final version too available after that 1.1 version. All of them are on the first page of the thread

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2021
I'm sorry, Bot what?
Your answer seems unappropriate, kid.
Would my actual savegame still be ok in case i download the final version?

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
I've just earned the Flamerny Gym badge and gotten the Fire Blow TM from the leader...only to find out that none of my 100+ Pokémon can learn the move. Is this a bug? If it's not, could you please add a"who can learn" list for the new moves you've created?

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2013
Hi, I just arrived in Kosaka city and I tried to get into the gym, so the leader went out and told me he was going to the sky tower or something like that. So I went there (right before there was a man who blocked the path) but the second Steam member almost killed all my pokemons (I am training them to level up). Therefore I left the tower and went to the pokemon center.
I saved the game and stop playing but, when I restarted the game, the man who was blocking the path was back so I couldn't enter in the sky tower anymore. I tried the walk through walls code but it did'nt work. Is there anyone to help me ?

PS : I play on My boy! emulator on Android if it helps

Raj

Pokemon Master
Years
Excuse me but I could use some help I need to go through the hole near Merydian City which TM lets you do that dig?
Also which gym do you beat to get it just in case I have not defeated them.
Sorry I need help but I took a very long break from light platinum and have forgotten a lot of stuff.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2013
Wow, this is better then some of the actual main series games ive played lately. i made this account just to say thanks for creating an amazing original pokemon game, i just finished it and it was almost perfect. i did get stuck at mt vulcan until i had to use the walk through walls cheat tho :/

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I've just earned the Flamerny Gym badge and gotten the Fire Blow TM from the leader...only to find out that none of my 100+ Pokémon can learn the move. Is this a bug? If it's not, could you please add a"who can learn" list for the new moves you've created?
It's rewritten Overheat so unless you decided not to catch any Fire type, your fire types should be able to learn it.

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
It's rewritten Overheat so unless you decided not to catch any Fire type, your fire types should be able to learn it.

I thought it might be a Fire move too; but none of my Magmortar could learn it, for some odd reason. ~_~ Neither could my Charizard starter. I finally took a hint from a YouTube clip and chose the Arcanine I'd evoved recently--though it's still confusing that he could learn Fire Blow but other Fire types couldn't.

Moving on from there ... I've cleared the Ricyan City gym by now and am searching for the next one. Judging by Soka's final remarks, I'm guessing that Dig will be necessary to get past some obstacle; howver, the closest roadblock that I haven't been able to pass is the one set up by Team Steam. Since I can't tunnel around them, could you please tell me how to unblock the path? Many thanks!

Last edited:

Banette`

[ The Vengeful Doll ]
Years
So.. I decided to save my game before beating the 8th gym and then closed it out, to save for another time. Seems I made a big mistake, because now I'm stuck in the gym. No clue what I can do from here, aside from restarting the game once again.
I'd love to use a walk-through walls code, but either I'm doing something wrong, or none of them work with the game. x:

If anyone could help, that'd be great. ~

Years
I thought it might be a Fire move too; but none of my Magmortar could learn it, for some odd reason. ~_~ Neither could my Charizard starter. I finally took a hint from a YouTube clip and chose the Arcanine I'd evoved recently--though it's still confusing that he could learn Fire Blow but other Fire types couldn't.

Moving on from there ... I've cleared the Ricyan City gym by now and am searching for the next one. Judging by Soka's final remarks, I'm guessing that Dig will be necessary to get past some obstacle; howver, the closest roadblock that I haven't been able to pass is the one set up by Team Steam. Since I can't tunnel around them, could you please tell me how to unblock the path? Many thanks!
Well it is always that you have to beat all the gym leaders in Lauren first when you get there. After that you just have to press A button on it an it will ask you to Dig in there or Not....

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years

I do believe my Charizard could learn it... weird... oh well... good that you found a way.
As for the Team Steam, you need to click on the hole they are guarding and yes/no prompt will appear asking whether you wanna dig.

Raj

Pokemon Master
Years
I do believe my Charizard could learn it... weird... oh well... good that you found a way.
As for the Team Steam, you need to click on the hole they are guarding and yes/no prompt will appear asking whether you wanna dig.
I assume you need to have taught one of your Pokemon dig right?
Or can you do this without knowing dig?

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2013
I'm at the World Championship and I searched through the whole game (and this topic) and I did not find where exactly I could find the TM27 (Return)...

Do you know where I could get it ?

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2013
I currently have:

Pupitar (42)
Swampert (52)
Charizard (46)
Electivire(39)
Deino (40)
Bidoof (8) - HM slave.

I am looking for a grass time pokemon. Any suggestions? I have 7 badges already, just so you know how far I am into the game.

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2014
I got the super repel from Ellie but I accidentally used it. Is there anywhere else I can get one? None of the marts have them

EDIT: nvm I found one. They don't sell them at any mart except Serenity. The problem is now I can't get back into the mountain. I reloaded my save and realized that as soon as I leave the mountain the guy is back in front of it, so I guess I'm screwed

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2013
I got two minor issues:
First is that for some reason it is always "night time" so when I try to evolve my Eevee into an Espeon it always evolves into an Umbreon. I changed my computer time and everything and does not seem to work.
Second is that during Mt. Icestorm the audio is a bit messed up because I am getting a bunch of "white noise" in the background.
Edit: Seems to be coming from Direct Sound A + B in the sound settings.

Last edited:
Back