• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
Just wondering, does anyone know who has officially taken over the bug fixing for Light Platinum? Snakebyte's signature says that Ash493 is, but I just wanted to confirm this. Also, for those of you interested, there is a SURFING COMPETITION in Light Platinum that couldn't be accessed because it seemed to be broken. Well, I went in and I have, for the most part, fixed the game, so whoever is making the next release should re-implement it. All it took was adding "release" to each of the script. Now someone just needs to translate what it says and fix it so that the player doesn't win every match. I also started to revitalize the Battle Frontier, but the script for the boat is broken and so is the script for battling the trainers, by only a little bit. I also added a house which leads to the guy who trades shards for evolution stones, which I'm probably going to change to sell other stuff that is rarer than just stones. Anyways, here is the link for the stuff I made(the 2 map files for the battle frontier + photos of it) :

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3xdw78ktbkjllol/BVx_l9pJVJ

Make sure to replace "(dot)" with a period.
Also, the script for the Surf Competition :
'---------------
#org 0xA018AA
setvar 0x4050 0x2
release
end

That's all I have for now! Sorry if this post is kinda long.

Last edited:

Pokenoob666

Frustrated Feraligator
Years
well, i caught all the legends and beat the world championship. This was far from the perfect game, but It was fun. On to the next game!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Did someone take over the project???
The project is complete so why would anyone take over it?
Yeah, I did take over the bug fixing with Cyclone who's searching for bugs and I wait for him to do it.

ok verizon is in my pc. weird. it's not in my pokedex.
Most likely no National Dex... or Virizion is one of the 25 replaced ???s.

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2019

The project is complete so why would anyone take over it?
Yeah, I did take over the bug fixing with Cyclone who's searching for bugs and I wait for him to do it.

Ofcourse for te bugfixing, I meant.

Well, that doesn't sound like that it's going so fast paced. At least maybe you should take help from the rest of the community as well, because as I see it, there are still a lot of things to be done. And you told that you didn't know about Pokemon Center computers multiplying, as easy as it is. Also there are still typos in game dialogs too..

Years
Great Hack, liked playing it and rushed through the game in a couple of days XD.

Not sure about the Post League game where you go to the other region but the World Championship was a great idea even though I had to heal spam to win XD.

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2014
i'd really like to play this hack, but I cant find the correct rom. the only one I can find has a virus so im pretty much screwed, could anyone tell me where I could get a clean, working ruby rom for this game? thanks.

Years
i'd really like to play this hack, but I cant find the correct rom. the only one I can find has a virus so im pretty much screwed, could anyone tell me where I could get a clean, working ruby rom for this game? thanks.

It is explicitly AGAINST the rules to post links to ROM files. If you want to play Pokemon Light Platinum, read the FAQ in Ash493's signature. The ROM type Light Platinum requires is a Pokemon Ruby 1.0 AXVE ROM. Just google for it. The IPS file for the English version is in the OP and Snakebyte's signature.

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2019
Well... I couldn't even think of reason why would anyone try to "talk" with PC from the side...

Well, because some NPC was blocking it from front for a brief period of time? Even though either one may interact with computers from front or sides, regardlessly that bug is existent.

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2014
It is explicitly AGAINST the rules to post links to ROM files. If you want to play Pokemon Light Platinum, read the FAQ in Ash493's signature. The ROM type Light Platinum requires is a Pokemon Ruby 1.0 AXVE ROM. Just google for it. The IPS file for the English version is in the OP and Snakebyte's signature.

It's fine, sorry for asking, I know it's been asked plenty before. It's all okay now, I downloaded the .GBA file from the main website, my only question is, is that .GBA file the most up to date version of light platinum? It seems to have a slight bit of foreign language in it too, even though its like 99% in English.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
It's fine, sorry for asking, I know it's been asked plenty before. It's all okay now, I downloaded the .GBA file from the main website, my only question is, is that .GBA file the most up to date version of light platinum? It seems to have a slight bit of foreign language in it too, even though its like 99% in English.
You answered yourself... you downloaded GBA instead of IPS in Snakebyte's signature...

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Sep 8, 2013
<p>Can anyone give me the complete list of HMs in this game ? </p><p> </p>

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2019
I want to ask a question. After which badge do traded pokemon start to obey in Light Platinum?
And also there's Jerrys123111's post above here, so someone should REALLY take notice of him, as he's trying to be super helpful to the hack...

Back