• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hacking Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rukario.net

Visit Rukario.net Today!
Years
  • I just made my site on June 3, 2006 and when I when one google someone hack in to it and said negative stuff. How do I get that fix?

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    Firstly fix your grammar. I can't understand a word your saying. If your using a domain then you go to the domain control panel and fix the problem with the description. If not then you can edit the Meta Tags in the page.

Thats a real inappropiate description the hacker placed.

I bet you that was FPC Paul. He's hacked a few websites already that I go to. Although it seems like it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    Because uh.... I own a website and because I know about Meta Tags?

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • Why would a hacker edit your meta tags but not rest of the site.......?

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Faltzer, don't throw around accusations like that. Even if he is banned, don't accuse anyone unless you have proof. That's considered flaming, and it's earned you a warning.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    OH GOD!! Morkula just help him. And the reason I'm accusing FPC Paul is mainly because he's hacked alot of websites. He's even hacked my cutenews! And I have proof of a message he left on it.

"FPC Paul was here!"

After I talked with him on MSN he just came and blocked me on his AOL and MSN.

And if you read my post correctly I wasn't saying it was 100% sure he did it. I was Prediciting if it was him. Jesus Christ,you mods are ticked off with every post. GOSH

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • And ^that was flaming a staff member. You're one warning away from another ban- don't push it.

Rukario.net

Visit Rukario.net Today!
    Years
  • Koroku said:
    Why would a hacker edit your meta tags but not rest of the site.......?
    Maybe the guy stupid or to get back at me for some reason.

But I really need to know who to get rid of this.

Faltzer said:
    OH GOD!! Morkula just help him. And the reason I'm accusing FPC Paul is mainly because he's hacked alot of websites. He's even hacked my cutenews! And I have proof of a message he left on it.

"FPC Paul was here!"

After I talked with him on MSN he just came and blocked me on his AOL and MSN.

And if you read my post correctly I wasn't saying it was 100% sure he did it. I was Prediciting if it was him. Jesus Christ,you mods are ticked off with every post. GOSH

Calm down Faltzer, Morkula is just trying to do his job.

Last edited:

Yameneko549

Eat hammer!
    Years
  • Honestly, I don't see how you were flamed, Morkula, but.. meh, it's your call, not mine. Still, Faltzer, calm down. I may have an opinion on the whole ordeal, but even I wouldn't post what I think of FPC Paul here. I'll leave that to my blog.

I'd still love to know how the hacker got in. I'd also like to know why Google, in all it's glory, is still using the god awful meta tags for the description instead of just pulling a snippet from the site. It's the only real reason I don't use Google anymore.

Yameneko549

Eat hammer!
    Years
  • Whoops. That would help, wouldn't it.

Ok, there's a tag that looks like this:

Code:
    <meta name="description" content="blah blah blah" />

At least, it'll look similar. Change the part that syas "blah blah blah" back to the description of your site. Google SHOULD pick it up the next time it's crawlers visit your site.

You could also just get rid of it altogether, as it's not really needed.

Edit: Forgot to mention that it'll be in your index.php or index.html, depending on what your using.

Years
  • Yameneko549 said:
    Whoops. That would help, wouldn't it.

Ok, there's a tag that looks like this:

Code:
    <meta name="description" content="blah blah blah" />

At least, it'll look similar. Change the part that syas "blah blah blah" back to the description of your site. Google SHOULD pick it up the next time it's crawlers visit your site.

You could also just get rid of it altogether, as it's not really needed.

Edit: Forgot to mention that it'll be in your index.php or index.html, depending on what your using.
    he doesnt know HTML, which is probably why he was hacked

Yameneko549

Eat hammer!
    Years
  • Haunter Master said:
    he doesnt know HTML, which is probably why he was hacked

AFAIK, the only way for someone to change the description is to upload their own index.html\index.php file to replace the current one. However, that would take the FTP or account username and pass.

The only other way that I can think of is if he was using some sort of badly coded CMS that can control the description for the site. However, I don't have TOO much experience with using a CMS, so I don't know if it would be possible.

Years
  • Yameneko549 said:
    AFAIK, the only way for someone to change the description is to upload their own index.html\index.php file to replace the current one. However, that would take the FTP or account username and pass.

The only other way that I can think of is if he was using some sort of badly coded CMS that can control the description for the site. However, I don't have TOO much experience with using a CMS, so I don't know if it would be possible.
    Which FPC paul has, hes hosting Rukario, and me, and when this month ends, Im out, i will be using EZWeb

Rukario.net

Visit Rukario.net Today!
    Years
  • Yameneko549 said:
    I'll keep back the comment I was about to make since it might tick off Morkula.

However, I will say that the reason I'm going to host my own site is because I don't trust others enough to let them have access to my site.

Can you host my site cause I really don't want to be hosted with paul.

Rukario.net

Visit Rukario.net Today!
    Years
  • Yameneko549 said:
    I'll keep back the comment I was about to make since it might tick off Morkula.

However, I will say that the reason I'm going to host my own site is because I don't trust others enough to let them have access to my site.

Can you host my site cause I really don't want to be hosted with paul.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back