• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Handedness

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I'm left handed, and I consider myself to be rare as both my parents are right handed. The only issue for me, is writing, as the ink smudges on my little finger.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I'm definitely right handed. I don't do anything with my left hand, so it's pretty bad when I try to do anything that requires coordination with it. A few people have asked me if I'm left handed, though, since apparently more creative people tend to be left handed. I've never heard that before, so I don't think I believe it.

NightKrow

staying up all night
    Years
  • I'm right handed and I still get ink smudges. What am I doing wrong?

Well, I say I'm right handed but it's probably not that simple. I eat left handed (fork in my right hand and knife in my left,) which is annoying when I go to restaurants because the cutlery is always laid out the wrong way round for me :/

The other day, I found myself holding a cup of tea in my right hand whilst texting with my left. I did stop and think how weird it was, but I didn't change it. I think it would have been less comfortable the other way around.

I am also the only person at work (I think) who always picks up the phone with my right hand and does everything else with my left.

Apart from that, everything else I either use only my right hand or both hands.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • I'm right handed.

But there are occasions when I use my left hand more than my right one. When I drive my car, I often use my left hand more than my right one: unless I'm actively turning the wheel, my left hand holds the wheel while my right one does... whatever. When I ride my bicycle and need to drive one-handed for some reason or another, I have more trouble holding the handlebars with only my right hand than with my left one.

It feels like my right hand is more agile, but my left hand is stronger. It's weird.

Years
  • How have I not seen this thread until now? xD

I'm left-handed! I write and eat with my left hand, which are the two most hand-driven tasks I do! I use a computer mouse right-handed though, and played violin right-handed (since there was no such thing in elementary and middle school).

I feel the pain with lefties though, considering how there are no school desks for us, or how typical notebooks put pressure on our hands, and of course, pencil graphite winding up on the side of our hands. :|

Years
  • I am right handed, but my left hand is very useful. I eat with my left hand, and do most other tasks with the left. I guess writing is what I primarily use my left hand for. Oh and opening tight bottles.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I'm right handed and I often switch hands when handling things, but I used mostly right hand and doesn't mean I'm really good person and too much religiously morale

Back