• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Haptic; Graphics Gallery [v.x]

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Well, it's been a long time since I last posted a showcase, and I personally think I've improved leaps and bounds since then. xD

I want to say a few things before you look through 'em though.

- Some of these are request banners, and most of them were for me, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't use any of them unless I specify you can. (This applies only for the last two banners, by the way.)
    - You will receive a rather nasty PM if you edit any of these banners in any way, including adding text.
    - I made none of the textures, brushes, and used only one tutorial for all of these. The tutorial was not used on all banners. Don't ask me for the tutorial. :3

And with that, let's begin! :D

Made for theEND, featuring March and Salsa from Eternal Sonata.

Made for myself, featuring Sawada Tsuna from Katekyo Hitman Reborn!

Made for myself, featuring Kanda Yu from D.Gray-Man.

Made for Musashi-kun, featuring… well, just a random picture we found. xD

Made for Vanilla Kitsune, featuring Link and… is it piccori? I don't know. xD Ask Vanilla Kitsune. From Legend of Zelda series.

Made for Hazuki, featuring Kurosaki Ichigo from BLEACH.

Made for myself, featuring Ishida Uryuu from BLEACH.

And just for this showcase, I made two "never-before-seen" banners. If I like you, and you ask to use one, then I will make you an avatar if you want it. (Let me make this clear though; Either you use an avatar that I make, or you just don't use a matching avatar at all. <3) Please PM me if you'd like to use one of these two.

Made for practicing lighting effects, (it obviously didn't work out.) This one has a white border, so it'll probably work better with CSS. Un-claimed.

Still practicing lighting effects, and it obviously didn't work here either. Claimed by Pinky Diaper.​

So yeah! I'd love to hear your comments~ <3 (But remember, it's stupid to spam, but it's even stupider to spam in a mod's thread. ;D)

Resources:
    RockStock@deviantart
    Insteadofwords@deviantart
    The Spook @deviantart
    DISaS73R@deviantart
    Appendix-Squared
    Hybrid-Genesis
    graffic-affair@livejournal
    Lordsiyei@deviantart
    Gokuva@deviantart or planetrenders (don't recall)
    Pato's Smudge Settings
    Ender's Resource Packs
    77words@livejournal
    masterjinn@deviantart or livejournal
    Helix@planetrenders
    sanami276@deviantart
    caoticgirl@deviantart
    ffyunie@deviantart
    -will add more-

Last edited:

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
    Years
    Well, I don't have time to go through ALL of them right now, but I'm impressed.
    Your work is very good, and I love most of them.

The only one I don't enjoy is the one with Ichigo. It just doesn't compare with the quality and caliber of the rest.
    :)

EDIT: Oh, and my favorites are 2 and 4.

Years

Made for myself, featuring Ishida Uryuu from BLEACH.

I <3 you for that. It is absolutely stunning and beautiful. How did you get so good at banners. [/envy and jealousy] xD

Really though, they're all amazing, but I agree with EarthsVisitor that the Ichigo one is my least favourite, yet it's still good.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    You're absolutely amazing, mizzy(I don't care, I LIKE mizzy)

I really like 1 and 5 seeing how ya know... they're ubered versions of what I'm usually doing XD;

Hazuki

delenda est.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    My banner is up there! XD

Yeah I also like the one you made for Vanilla Kitsune, it's very simple and cute. <333

But I love your banners Mizzy, they are really like the best and it shows your style in graphics. :)

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Xenocrates! <3 Your work is seriously fantastic and I love how you vary your style. Out of these I love the simplicity of number one, the text works with it soo well. Then I ADORE number eight, I really do. It's got great effects and looks pretty, I love the lighting.

keep it up ;D

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    They're amazing Xeny! All the images look so well placed, not like they were just stuck in there. My favorite is the first one, it's amazing <3 The text looks so perfect with it. :D

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    Damn. I can't really find a thing to crit. And I'm not saying that to suck up; I really mean it. Your lighting effects are great and the text you use fits in with the banner themes. I only dislike the square brushing bordering the Kurosaki Ichigo image that was made for Hazuki. It doesn't seem right to me for some reason. ><

I'm looking forward to see more ^^

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    EarthsVisitor; Thank you very much! :D The Ichigo one is actually the oldest one. xD; So I'm not surprised~ 2 and 4 are ones that I like a lot too. x3

Relyt; I started getting considerably better after I read Shiranui's spatter tutorial for sure. ;D But that tutorial wasn't applied in any of these banners. I'll post the best spatter one I made with my update though. x3 Uryu rocks! :D

I think I'm going to replace the Ichigo one... xD

Ryouki; The one below Ishida you mean? The angel one? I think the blurriness is apart of the game graphics. xD It's kind of like a Final Fantasy game, you know? Thank you though! <3

Chikara; Mizzy is fine. |D Vector is like, my favorite. ;D You don't need to do much more than a few clicks and you got yourself a hawt banner. <3 [/lazylazy] Adding color layers helps too of course. xD

Hazuki; Yeah it's up there, but I guess most people don't like the mosaic. xD; Not quite the best though. xD If I don't start with a pretty image, I can't make it look good. You're really talented though, I envy that you can make something great out of anything. :3

Kyoko; Really?! 8D It seems like not many people like it, so I'm really glad you do! <33 (Because I like it too! ;D)

Actually, out of all these, I spent the most time on 1 and 2. Strange, since I didn't make the background for 2, and 1 is the most simplistic. But it was the first time theEND ever requested something from me, so I had to make it awesome.

Aere; OMG this is like, the first time I've ever seen one of your posts on PC. [/*first time I've ever had the chance to reply to one of your posts on PC] Yayyy, looks like it was worth spending all that time on the first one! :D Thank you~!

Michii; xDD Don't worry, I find that not many people find it worth their time to suck up to me, so I never make that assumption. (I don't think it's worth their time either, because it doesn't really make a difference. xD)

So, thank you very very much! :D I'm still working on lighting, but I'm glad that my practice wasn't horrendous. xD Square brushing? The mosaic? Yeah...... I don't really like it either. xD Well, I liked it when I made it, but honestly I was just finding an excuse to use mosaic. I love the mosaic effect, but it just doesn't fit with anything. </3

Well, as for more, these are old, like, really old, but I still like them so I'll post 'em up as well.

10. Forum Banner for Suishou Society.
    Made for Suishou Society featuring Ishida Uryu from BLEACH

11. Alternate version of the above banner

Made for Aira, one of my bestest buddies evarz. :D Featuring the official art for a Sniper from Ragnarok Online.

Made for Ryouki, featuring... people from Twin Spica. (I think.)

Made for myself, featuring... a picture I found on photobucket. |D​

12 and 14 - Even though I didn't use all of Shiranui's tutorial in these, I still consider them as the best products of mine from that spatter tutorial, which helped me learn about color layers etc. (I owe you one Shira-chan! |D)

This isn't apart of the showcase, but you know, it's always appropriate.
    Spoiler:

Years
    10. Forum Banner for Suishou Society.

Thousands of <3's.

11. Alternate version of the above banner

As many <3's as the first one.

Made for Aira, one of my bestest buddies evarz. :D Featuring the official art for a Sniper from Ragnarok Online.

Absolutely amazing. Teach meh! xD

Made for Ryouki, featuring... people from Twin Spica. (I think.)

So cute! You made a basic brush look so great!

Made for myself, featuring... a picture I found on photobucket. |D​

I love that line effect you did in the corners. [/steal!] Nah, but it looks really good!

12 and 14 - Even though I didn't use all of Shiranui's tutorial in these, I still consider them as the best products of mine from that spatter tutorial, which helped me learn about color layers etc. (I owe you one Shira-chan! |D)

This isn't apart of the showcase, but you know, it's always appropriate.
    Spoiler:

Amazing showcase and I absolutely adore those Uryu banners. All in all I'd give this whole showcase a 9.9/10. They're all great, and very few things I dislike about them!

Last edited by a moderator:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Here's some newer ones.

Made to practice text and put my color layers tutorial to the test, featuring art I found on photobucket.

Made at school during Computer Arts since I don't learn anything in that class. Featuring some guy from Devil May Cry.
    The color layers etc. are suited towards a different resolution than what seems to be usual, so ignore that if it looks strange on your resolution. xD

Made for myself at school during Computer Arts for the same reason above, featuring Kurosaki Ichigo from BLEACH.

Alternate of the above banner.

Years
    I really love number fifteen. And Ichigo blends amazingly well. I like number sixteen too, and you wouldn't think that blue would blend in, but it does! Excellent as always Xeno!

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024

Made for myself to get out of a graphics slump and to practice light textures, featuring Vaan from Final Fantasy XII.

Made for myself, banner version of the above graphic. I probably won't end up using this any time soon, but hopefully I'll get around to it. xD

Made for Vivi on a different forum after she asked me whether I did Corda graphics or not. xD; Featuring Hihara Kazuki and Tsuchiura Ryotaro from La Corda D'Oro.​

Trainer Kat

→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;
    Years
    I like #9 best. :x
    #5 is really good too.

Even though no one else does, I actually like #6. :x

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    -posts before I forget-

I must say that I really, really love number 11. It looks just a bit too cluttered, but I like the effects, and the colours are amazing <3 Number 2 is probably my second favourite, since, again, the colours look truly wonderful. It's bright and fiery enough to stand out, yet not too bright so that it blinds people xD And the text is so awesome. Not just with that banner, but with most of them. I still want your text skills.

And I'm glad that my spatter tutorial actually helped someone :3

Anyway, I can't wait to see more~

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Wow, I haven't updated in awhile. xDD

note about the thread title; POP is my 'brand' in Computer Arts. :> All of my art that I turn in has 'POP' on it. <3

Kai; Thanks! :D I'm really happy you like 21! <33

Shiranui; Your spatter tutorial was like, the dawning of light on my graphics career! xDD *shot'd!* I didn't know how to use gradient maps before that, and maigawd did they help. <3 Ah, you liked the banner? :D Actually, Ishida originally had eyes behind those glasses of his, and it looked really funky, so I had to like, get rid of them. xD But I'm glad you like it- It is pretty cluttered, but I like my forum banners pretty cluttered. xDD *FISH'd*

Trainer Kat; OMG really? :D I'm glad I kept it up then. <333 I like the mosaic effect, I just can't pull it off! xD

Made for Aere, featuring Haruhi Suzumiya from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Made for Kouyuu, featuring Yuki Nagato from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Made for Chibi-chan, featuring somebody from something. The render is a guy though, I've learned my lesson. ;<

Made for rayrayrayrayray, featuring Monkey D. Luffy, Sanji, Usopp, Zoro (on the ground), and Nami from One Piece.

Made for Aere, featuring Yuna and Tidus from Final Fantasy X.

Made for myself, featuring Jiro Wang, Arron Yan, Wu Zhun, and Calvin Chen from Fahrenheit/Fei Lun Hai.​

Red Rain

Red Rain is coming down...
    Years
    Wow, these are of an exceptional quality. I especially like the Tidus and Yuna one as I love that game.

Sorry, just checked the area rules. Sorry for that. I am in-need of a one that's all. Sorry again. X|

Last edited:
    Back