• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hardest cave

ben cousins

Backspacer
Years
  • the notorious Rock tunnel is probably the hardest and most feared, the victory road in heart gold soul silver was also rather annoying so was the hoenn victory road but it made up for it with great pokemon what was there in rock tunnel!? trash that's what!

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    I hated Rock Tunnel, especially when I didn't know you could light it up with Flash. I had a Gameboy Color, which lets you see a LITTLE bit, so I thought you just had to use the really dim light to get through. I never figured that the dim light wasn't the brightness you were actually supposed to use until much later.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I hated Ice Path. The sliding ice puzzles were so hard that I had to go to YouTube for the solution. Of course, Rock Tunnel and Shoal Cave come in close, but I managed to solve them on my own.

ben cousins

Backspacer
    Years
  • I hated Ice Path. The sliding ice puzzles were so hard that I had to go to YouTube for the solution. Of course, Rock Tunnel and Shoal Cave come in close, but I managed to solve them on my own.

meh i found ice path to be pretty fun compared to the others and there were ice pokemon whice would obviously come in handy against claire

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    hoenn's victory road. it only cave which i didn't pass by myself. i get some help from walkthroughs on the net.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • Victory roads are annoying, Mr. Cornet was really annoying too. So was Ice path. UGHHHH. D:< It took me suuuuuuuuch a looong time to get outta that place D:<

Eagledelt

=)?
    Years
  • Rock Tunnel, RBY Victory Road and Hoenn Victory Road.
    Mt Coronet is just beautiful, I always felt excited to climb that huge mountain and then watch the snow falling =]

Years
  • Rock Tunnel and Ice Path both gave me a hard time. Took me a long time to get out of Ice Path the first time.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Definitely Ice Path. I hate Ice Puzzles.

I find a lot of Victory Roads are more annoying than hard. They make up for it with cool Pokemon though.

ben cousins

Backspacer
    Years
  • unkown dungeon was...mildly hard. if you were a 6 year old kid in 1996 then VERY hard. and yes i was one of thos retards who went through rock tunnel without flash [pokemon yellow] it was so hard that whenever i got past surge that was the end of the game for me [pikachu vs raichu it makes sense] cos rock tunnel without flash was so hard.

Years
  • Ice Cave was absolute hell for me as an 8 year old, took me forever to get that you had to push the rocks down into the holes. To this day, I still dread going into the Ice Cave, no matter if it's the remakes or the originals, because of the bad memories that come with it.

Years
  • I see that so many of you say Ice Path, it's full of annoying Golbats as well as Jynx and Zubat (HG) and Delibird (SS).

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I find all caves annoying, really. I don't find any of them hard; maybe except Victory Road but none of them pose a serious thread. :3c I find all the Zubat and Golbat annoying though! ): lol

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • You don't know hatred of caves until you go through Chargestone Cave. Rock Tunnel got its ass handed to it when BW came out and you got to that point. I have actually never had a problem with Rock Tunnel, really. I learned the map...without Flash. v///v lol

ben cousins

Backspacer
    Years
  • i remember once in red i forgot to get the bike and couldnt go on that cycling road thing and HAD TO GO BACK THROUGH ROCK TUNNEL AGAIN that was a traumatic exprience

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I hated HGSS Mount Silver, even worse than GSC because of stupid Rock Climb. Any cave where you have to do ice sliding stuff is also a pain in the rear. Rock Tunnel had a high enounter rate but the path is fairly linear, so it didn't frustrate me too much.

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    Ice Path. It was definitely harder than Rock Tunnel and more annoying than Victory Roads. When I was younger, I had a huge problem with the cave and couldn't find the way out it for a week.

Back