• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hardest Choice?

What was the hardest set of starters to choose from?

• RBYG Kanto starters

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • GSC Johto starters

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • RSE Hoenn starters

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • FRLG Kanto starters

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • DPPt Sinnoh starters

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • HGSS Johto starters

Votes: 16 26.7%
  • BW Isshu/Unova starters

Votes: 20 33.3%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    All of them are tough...although the Gen IV ones are the worst. At least with Hoenn / Kanto I know I can get another one in Hg/Ss...

blue

gucci
    Years
    Hoenn/Isshu are the hardest for me, I can never choose between the three on both games for the same reasons, they have the best starting and final evolutions.

Destiny Bond

Daddow entelechies
    Years
    all the starter pokemon are hard choices. Because they mostly will be the ones you train up the most. But if you have friends that play, you can easily collect all 3 by trading them between each other

Cathar

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    D/P/Pt was the hardest choice for me because I didn't like any of them. I went with the Grass starter because I hadn't used any Grass starters before.

By now I have played through once with all of them and I have warmed up to them quite a bit, though Impoleon is now my favorite.

Back