• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hardest Final Boss Fight

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I think I beat the final mission of Advance Wars on the second or third try... maybe sixth, but I remember it being a lot easier for me than in AW2, and I just couldn't be bothered with Caulder/Stolos in AWDoR/DC so I used a guide.

Anyway, they aren't the final bosses but they may as well be: Ornstein and Smough of Dark Souls. At first I underestimated them since I've done anything up to and including double Diablos/Tigrex/Yian Garuga in Monster Hunter, but Ornstein's mobility and tracking are infuriating and of course in this game the player character only has one life each time. I've seen someone call the fight 'backpedalling and basic situational awareness' which is honestly what it comes down to, but it requires such immense degrees of both that it is genuinely challenging.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I think I beat the final mission of Advance Wars on the second or third try... maybe sixth, but I remember it being a lot easier for me than in AW2, and I just couldn't be bothered with Caulder/Stolos in AWDoR/DC so I used a guide.
    which COs did you get? I honestly think that makes all the difference. I got Sami and Grit and that made it much harder for me, but I imagine if I got Eagle or Kanbei it would have been way easier.

Looking back, Sturm felt more trial and error than anything. I actually didn't have much of a tough time when I beat him since I had a well established strategy....58 turns aside.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I struggled really hard while fighting Puppet Ganon in TLoZ: The Wind Waker when I fought him the first time. I simply couldn't figure out the pattern of his last form so it took me about an hour to beat him and I also lost all of my supplys of healing potions and fairies.

My probably hardest fight (even though not final boss) was against Pluto in Tales of Phantasia (the secret super boss of the game). He had a short charge time for his spells and spammed two of them at a time which practically oneshoted my whole party. Since I didn't know that there were a couple of (cheap) strategies to beat this guy I had to come up with my own. In the end I took all characters that had multi-hit techs/spells and chained their attacks that way that at least one of them was attacking him (which prevented him from attacking since it broke his charging up) while another one was prepairing for his turn, letting the others heal MP (healing HP was not neccessary considering they wouldn't survive one attack anyway) or charge up as well. It was really hard because I had to concentrate for a long time (this battle took forever) and one error meant that I had to restart the battle. After many tries I finally beat him and got the best (and probably most broken) summon in the game which made even the final boss a piece of cake.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • Demyx from Kingdom Hearts 2: I play this game forever ago, and I honestly had to google his name. Not a final boss, but I can remember having some serious difficulty with this guy.

Whoever the final boss from KH2 was also gave me issues. It's been so long that I don't remember, I just remember raging lol.

Zeromus EG from Final Fantasy IV Advance was a pain (still haven't beaten him, XD). I remember I got him down to such a small amount of health, then he just attacks four times in a row and wipes my team. I guess he really doesn't classify as an end boss, but he is a variant of the end boss, and he's optional and tougher. So that counts, right?

There's a final mission in Elite Beat Agents (someone said it above, made me think of it) that's giving me issues. I can't beat it, and it's only the normal difficulty DX

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • I'm currently at the final bosses in The World Ends with You, Final Fantasy Tactics A2, and Sonic 4 Episode 1. They're all tough.

I've found Lightning Rook to be one of the best pins for fighting Draco Cantus, so I'd equip that if you haven't yet. Just stay in the corner, avoid the giant middle head and the bubble, keep shooting lightning, heal when needed, and you should be set.

I'll also chalk Draco Cantus up as an extremely hard final boss. xD

Virgil in Devil May Cry 3 was also a pretty hard final boss (for me, anyway). I used so many Vital Stars in that fight. :/

Yukari

Know what? Earlier I said Duo, but know I think I'd go with Orn from Shinobi, (or Shinobi 3d).
    He has a barebone minimum of three forms and all his attacks do a **** load of damage, your ninja magic doesn't do **** In this fight, and a has a **** ton of health. You only have brief windows of time to damage him especially in form 2 and 3 and every time you die you start again.

Another boss I had a hard time with is Dark bowser. You have to Inhale fawful and attack him using Mario and Luigi, while not that difficult you have a limited number of turns to kill it before it leaves and heals itself.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    There's a final mission in Elite Beat Agents (someone said it above, made me think of it) that's giving me issues. I can't beat it, and it's only the normal difficulty DX
    Stay far, far away from hard mode. lol

Stay far away from Ouendan, too. The final mission, Ready Steady Go, is even harder than Jumping Jack Flash. I played it today and god damn.

Normal is pretty damn hard for me because of the weird slower beats that come up in the middle of the usual fast beats. Hard isn't too bad because it's very fast throughout the whole thing, but the slow beats in Normal ALWAYS throw me off.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I'm going to say:

Ashera from Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn. She's.. arguably the hardest Final Boss in the whole Fire Emblem franchise, with all good reason. First you'd have to break each one of her protective 'auras', other wise you won't be able to actually combat her. Even when you've destroyed the auras, there's another catch if you'd want to defeat her - you have to beat her with only the weapons that were 'blessed', which you'll be able to have your weapons blessed at an earlier part of the final chapter, but, yes, it's the only way to harm her or else you won't deal any damage.

But even if you're attempting to kill her with a blessed weapon, she does a ton, and another ton of damage, so, you'd have to pick the right units for your party before rushing in the final chapter, or else you'll find that your units will one by one be all slaughtered, ahaha.. Each turn she damages everyone of your units, and she does really big damage with her Judgment attack. Even if you do kill her, she'll automatically be brought to life, unless you bring her down with Ike. Ugh.

Also for me, if you've played Kid Icarus Uprising:

Hardest Final Boss Fight

Hades. I dare you to play him in Difficulty 9. :3
    Normally he's not too big of a deal to fight against in lower difficulties, but he's still generally a real tough one, imo, especially with his BLUE AND PURPLE SQUARES OF DEATH AND his constant spamage of his doom lasers. Seriously though, don't underestimate the amount of damage Hades can dish out over time. @_@;

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Oh god, thank you for reminding me about 9.0 Hades.

I was stubborn enough to try 9.0 against him when I reached him, and I died right away from that god damn tornado move he did. :lol :lol :lol
    Seriously the worst thing about him is when he does the "elephant sprint" (official name, god dammit) and you have to dodge those homing shots. ****'s hard.

I think the hardest part about this is that it's mostly in air mode. It would have been easier if it was a land fight...or maybe that was intentional.

That said, god damn I love Hades.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    which COs did you get? I honestly think that makes all the difference. I got Sami and Grit and that made it much harder for me, but I imagine if I got Eagle or Kanbei it would have been way easier.
    Oh, good point. I think I had Eagle and Grit, so... haha. And Andy's always in the middle, right? I'm not sure Kanbei would make it easier with the relatively limited funds per army... I mean, it'd be easier than Sami, but that's it.

Darkwing Ducklett

Let's get dangerous
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    These aren't technically final bosses, since there are cheap, easy victory battles that follow on from them, but...well, they don't count.

Awakened Malpercio was the first boss that popped into my head. Multiple attacks every turn, one of them practically guaranteed to be a life stealing move...you needed to kill him within the first few turns, or the battle became a seesaw affair you'd ultimately wind up losing. Even with high-end Magnus, I struggled with this. Plus he had the ability to change his elemental affinity, making any strategy other than sheer brute force utterly ineffective. Not cool.

Zanza in Xenoblade Chronicles was another one I struggled with, too. Sure, his third form is ridiculously easy, once you've got the True Monado, but getting to that point...aha, haha. Repeatedly summoning clones of himself and chain attacking with them? Not cool. This game discourages grinding by making levelling up an extremely slow, torturous process, and I had to spend several hours doing this just to not die in the first few minutes. As bad as Lorithia was earlier, Zanza was worse.

The Undying in Final Fantasy XII was quite hard for me too, if only because he throws up both physical and magical palings, making him completely immune to damage for a couple of minutes. Coupled with his ability to deal out about 3k of damage per hit, it became a battle to just survive halfway through, never mind win.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2022
    Oh gods, I'm glad somebody else knows the vicious, vicious horror that is Malpercio. The multiple attacks, I can deal with. The life-steal, I can deal with. Even the changing elements, I can counter-predict. But adding all that together at once just completely made it into sheer havoc.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I don't care what anyone says, Sephiroth on Hard mode in Kingdom Hears 2 was excruciatingly difficult to defeat. From medium o hard his attack power seemed to double and his defense seemed to be more. Like 1 hit from him and your HP was zapped.

I would say Vergil in Devil May Cry 3 was a hard boss to defeat. That game in its entirety was difficult. I's medium was like hard for mos games. Devil May Cry 3 is probably one of the hardest games I have ever played.

I actually thought that Boss Raam was difficult to defeat in the first Gears of War as well.

Back